Your “Carolina Sucks” Game Thread.

Home Forums All StateFansNation Your “Carolina Sucks” Game Thread.

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 388 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

107-56. 51 point deficit. That’s a team loss. Not an individual player loss.

51 points man. If only DSJ could have scored 51 more points this game…. that selfish b4stard!!! lmao

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Gott does a great job of getting talent here. However, when I see what I have seen the last few years, I see a lack of accountability for the “leaders”. Now, if you are a sub, you are held accountable and your leash is short. Otoh, if you’re a “pet”, you are shown the patience of Job.

Now, this approach has paid some dividends, but I don’t think it’s helping us go from good to great.

1. Remember that kid named TJ Warren?

2. This has, beyond any shadow of doubt, taken us from hopeless to good.

Facts are…

1. Gott, by his record, is one of the Top 40 best college coaches on the court today.
    2. NC State is one the top 40 best schools to play basketball today.
    3. We still have alot of work to do….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Heelh8r
    Participant

Amen, BotB. That’s perfect.

Rick
    Keymaster

Gott, by his record, is one of the Top 40 best college coaches on the court today.

What is your training for this? He is not even top ten in the ACC

Heelh8r
    Participant

He is not even top ten in the ACC

GOTT just whipped one of your heros, BUzz, by 26

Ttown Wolfman
    Participant

Can’t read DSJ’s mind but we were never able to get out of the hole “he” put us in at the start. Bass is 100% correct.

choppack1
    Participant

Botb – if he is top 40…which is debatable… he is clearly within the 30-40 range and I imagine it’s a list that is limited to P5 schools. He is clearly better than Les and Sidney. As for his ceiling, sadly I think Sendek’s was higher.

But let’s face it. Top 30-40 is selling NC State basketball short. We don’t play basketball in that palace – regardless of whether or not it is shared- to be an 8 or worse seed 4 out of every 5 years. Gott basketball is like V ball without the banners….and that’s the BEST you can say about it.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

an’t read DSJ’s mind but we were never able to get out of the hole “he” put us in at the start. Bass is 100% correct.

This is amazingly ridiculous. Dennis “put us in a hole” that the rest of our team just couldn’t pull us out of. Because had he not put us in that hole the rest of the team was doing enough throughout the game to pull us out of the hole?

LMFAO.. this logic is worse than the beat down the TEAM took today

I can read DSJ mind.. he thinks your absurd.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Rick… there’s a lot of damn, good Coaches in the ACC… you know…

I mentioned during the game… “Uncle Roy’s ‘CutTheHeadOffoftheSnake” gameplan…

Now, nobody has ever called Uncle Roy a basketball “genius” — hardworking, dedicated, consistent, future HOF, yes… “genius” No. Not even the most true of the light blue, call Roy a “basketball genius”.

Playing at Home, in front of your Fans, Coach can be bold at the start — at least, much more so, than at home…

Start with maximum pressure on DSJ and let’s see what he does… then we’ll worry about the rest of the kids in Red.
    Worked like a charm. Truth is, all of the Coaches on either ends sat and watched. Nothing else to do — Nothing to do.

I’d would done the same thing…
    Now don’t go there… ’cause there’s a better place…
    If it’s that obvious to me, how much more should our Coaches have been to expect and prepare?

More importantly, the game film is the “how to beat NC State in 2017” playbook.
    and Every other Coach in the league has a copy now.

So 2 or 3 somebody’s in Red and White better get to the next level, right now !!!

We’ll be underdogs on the road against BC this Wednesday.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Did you guys actually watch the game? Who else on our team was straight balling it up that I missed?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

the 30-40 range

that’s about right… the way I see it…

My only point is that starting from where we were, we had to get to this point in order to get to the next point and everybody knew, I think, it wasn’t going to be overnight…

It’s taken six long years to steadily work out from under the inherited mess and to get seven kids with high potential and little or no college experience on the Team as a real nucleus for the next 2 or 3 years.

And that’s not to say that mistakes have not been made and side steps have not been taken. They have.

Just that ain’t nobody jumping off the ship or the roof over one game.

Heelh8r
    Participant

Did you guys actually watch the game?

That’s a good question. Because there are several on here pontificating about the game who openly admitted they did not watch.

Rick
    Keymaster

He is not even top ten in the ACC

GOTT just whipped one of your heros, BUzz, by 26

Can’t you make a point without the hyperbole?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

If we lost this particular game for the sole reason that Dennis had an off night then he is the MVP of the universe.

Rick
    Keymaster

the 30-40 range

that’s about right… the way I see it…

My only point is that starting from where we were, we had to get to this point in order to get to the next point and everybody knew, I think, it wasn’t going to be overnight…

It’s taken six long years to steadily work out from under the inherited mess and to get seven kids with high potential and little or no college experience on the Team as a real nucleus for the next 2 or 3 years.

And that’s not to say that mistakes have not been made and side steps have not been taken. They have.

Just that ain’t nobody jumping off the ship or the roof over one game.

He and Sendek have similar accomplishments. You consider him top 40?

BassPacker
    Participant

Wow, Troll, you related to Smith? Cool the engines. Nobody is dumping on DSJ. Its just opinions on the game just like yours. Its called a pubic forum for a reason. Interesting read on the post game interview with Gott. This is a quote from the press, not mine.

“missed first four shots and turned the ball over three times, was out-of-control bad, seemingly from the very start. Then the rest of the game followed the script of those first two-and-a-half minutes pretty strictly”.

choppack1
    Participant

Roy has how many final 4s…how many does Gott have? Subtract whatever Roy has and you get Gott’s #.

If Roy ain’t the sharpest knife and he’s what vs Gott? Never mind he is doing pretty well with an ongoing scandal. Sorry, Roy is a Top 10. Gott is 30-40 (of P5 coaches.)

Here’s a fun game, what’s Gott’s piece de resistance? You know where his team put everything together. The man has 16 seasons, you should be able to say, this is what h can do when given the proper resources and luck.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Next time we win a game you guys need to bow down on your knees and blow up the threads how much you adore DSJ and his 50+ point swing for him simply being on the floor.

Rick
    Keymaster

Now, nobody has ever called Uncle Roy a basketball “genius” — hardworking, dedicated, consistent, future HOF, yes… “genius” No. Not even the most true of the light blue, call Roy a “basketball genius”.

Who cares if someone is a genius just that they are successful. Gott is a decent coach but IMO he is not top forty. I am wondering if his health issues have him rearranging what he considers important because he is not even performing up to his own standards this year.

Rick
    Keymaster

“missed first four shots and turned the ball over three times, was out-of-control bad, seemingly from the very start. Then the rest of the game followed the script of those first two-and-a-half minutes pretty strictly”.

You mean the coach put the blame on someone other than him? Hardly shocking nor especially enlightening.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

“missed first four shots and turned the ball over three times, was out-of-control bad, seemingly from the very start. Then the rest of the game followed the script of those first two-and-a-half minutes pretty strictly”

What the hell does that have to do with anything? Did Dennis miss the first 4 shots and turn the ball over the first 3 times?

Why is the coach unable to reel the entirety of the team in if a single player has a few bad minutes?

Will you admit then that DSJ is the MVP of the universe and that if he could have hit 4 shots in a row to open the game we would have cruised? All the other players would have figured out how to play as well?

Why is this even an argument? Blame Dennis.. feel better.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

“Uncle Roy’s ‘CutTheHeadOffoftheSnake” gameplan…

The Fact is..

If we all, including Uncle Roy, hadn’t seen or heard about that Triple Double the other night…

Uncle Roy would have come out today cautious… trying to figure which one of the kids in his soft front line wanted to be the Man and how his inconsistent perimeter guys would match up with ours…

In which case, it would have been a 10-12 point outcome, either way…

As it turns out, Uncle Roy was gifted a totally unifying device and a magic bullet — and told his kids…
    “DO NOT let that SOB go off on US in our HOUSE !!! SHUT his A## down from the Tipoff.”

Did anyone notice that all Hole kids, even the third team, played their best game of the season???

Coach mighta, coulda GOTT our kids turned around, but nothing was stopping the HOLES once they smelled blood….

That’s the margin of error here…

Rick
    Keymaster

Botb,
    If it was so easy for you to figure out what to do why did Gott not see that coming and adjust? A top forty coach would ?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^I think I answered that… above…

something to do with “the smell of blood”…
    and as BP quoted…

“Game was out of control after 5minutes or so..”

Rick
    Keymaster

^I think I answered that… above…

something to do with “the smell of blood”…

That is after the implementation of Roy’s plan. My question had to do with seeing this obvious (your implication not mine) plan and thwarting it before the blood was in the water.

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 388 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.