Wolfpack Wrestling Looks to Pin the Blue Devils … LIVE BLOG FOR WRESTLING.

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports Wolfpack Wrestling Looks to Pin the Blue Devils … LIVE BLOG FOR WRESTLING.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    SaccoV
    Participant

12-7 final for Finesilver. State still leads 15-3 going into 157. Good match for Beau but can’t get turked and tilted three times when you choose down to start the 2nd.

SaccoV
    Participant

Tommy Gantt (fresh off of his Midlands title) wrestlers Connor Bass for Duke at 157.

SaccoV
    Participant

Gantt gets the first takedown but gives up an escape with no riding time. 2-1 lead for Gantt

SaccoV
    Participant

Gantt gets another takedown, gives up an escape and gets another takedown. Trying to work a turn up 6-2 heading into the 2nd. Gantt defers, Bass takes down to start 2nd period.

TheCOWDOG

Sacco. In your judgement, how many FBers still 2 sport in wrestling these days?

What I mean is…Is it remotely common?

SaccoV
    Participant

Gantt gives up escape but gets takedown after lengthy scramble situation. 8-3 lead.

SaccoV
    Participant

Gantt chooses neutral in the 3rd.

SaccoV
    Participant

Gantt gets another takedown. 10-3 lead.

SaccoV
    Participant

Gantt with riding time point in hand. Lets Bass up to start off the takedown. 10-4 lead for Gantt.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Sacco. In your judgement, how many FBers still 2 sport in wrestling these days?

What I mean is…Is it remotely common?

He’s in the zone, good luck 😉

SaccoV
    Participant

Gantt with another takedown. Add the riding time is a Major Decision 13-4 win for Gantt. 19-3 lead for the Pack!

SaccoV
    Participant

Sorry CD, usually you’ll see the higher weights doubling up. 150+ lbs and up you’ll see play both in HS. Tougher in college.

SaccoV
    Participant

Lee Davis and Jake Faust (#12) at 165.

SaccoV
    Participant

In HS, there are 14 weight classes, and in college only 10. Faust with the takedown up 2-0.

SaccoV
    Participant

Davis held off from a tilt only down 2-0 going into 2nd period. Standing choice to begin 2nd.

TheCOWDOG

No apologies needed, yes, the big boys.

When you come up for air…give us the landscape on the dual sport heavies.

SaccoV
    Participant

Faust with another takedown at the end of the 2nd. 4-0 lead for Faust. Faust chooses down to start 3rd.

SaccoV
    Participant

Lots of heavies are great offensive lineman (Stephen Neal for the Patriots was an NCAA champion from Cal-Bakersfield … didn’t even play football in college) so it’s a great training for really really good o-linemen and linebackers. But most young kids don’t want to work like wrestlers need to work.

SaccoV
    Participant

Faust with an escape. 5-0 lead.

SaccoV
    Participant

Davis fights off another takedown but comes up short, 5-0. State leads 19-6.

SaccoV
    Participant

As for football, several really good players were solid wrestlers in high school. Ray Lewis for example. I would love to see coaches encourage wrestling for bigger kids to help develop their feet. Funny story, I had a kid for my high school that weighed 330 lbs and wanted to play football. The bad part was I got him a total of two matches in two years because he couldn’t get his weight down. Went 1-1 so it was a victory in my book but the kid couldn’t even jump rope when he showed up to wrestle. Wrestling, much like boxing, requires so much more coordination between feet and hands that it’s an excellent sport to help develop all the athletic skills needed. I got into shouting matches (really? an ex-wrestling coach? shouting?) with football coaches because they were usually mad when I would get one of the better players to come wrestle. Anyway, I gave up the coaching part for now that I’m raising three boys and trying to get my family moved to Georgia.

SaccoV
    Participant

For our NCStateShinola portion of the program, ESPN3 decides to run the BDN (BlueDevilNincompoop) version of the bowl wrap-up. Thanks, ESPN. I think I’ll sprinkle arsenic on my cornflakes in the morning!!

SaccoV
    Participant

174 will have Nicky Hall for State and Alec Schenk for Duke.

SaccoV
    Participant

Schenk with a takedown. 2-0 lead.

SaccoV
    Participant

Hall with an escape and then follows with a takedown! 3-2 lead for Hall.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.