Wolfpack Wrestling Looks to Pin the Blue Devils … LIVE BLOG FOR WRESTLING.

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports Wolfpack Wrestling Looks to Pin the Blue Devils … LIVE BLOG FOR WRESTLING.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    SaccoV
    Participant

Come join the fun. ESPN3 is showing the match. I think the ACC app is also having a live feed but I’m not a fan of Swofford, so I choose the other Hole!!

SaccoV
    Participant

133 lbs starts it off. Duke’s top dog is Connor Hartmann, ranked #5 at 197 lbs is going to be a very tough assignment for Michael Boykin (ranked #17). Join us as ESPN attempts to ruin yet another one of my loves by televising it with live broadcasters.

SaccoV
    Participant

Like most people who don’t understand broadcasting a different sport, the action returns to the national anthem. Great work, Production Truck!! Pot up the cheerleaders!! Wait, there are no cheerleaders. It’s wrestling, you idiots!!

SaccoV
    Participant

Duke will forfeit at 125 lbs, so State begins at 133 with a 6-0 lead. Jamal Morris gets the State nod at 133. He’ll have Brandon Leynaud.

SaccoV
    Participant

Morris with an easy 4-1 lead off a takedown plus 2 back-point off a half-nelson.

SaccoV
    Participant

Another 4-pt takedown + near-fall so 8-1 in the 1st as Morris controls.

SaccoV
    Participant

Morris gets the pin on the cradle but time expired. Ref checks and confirms. Morris with the pin. State leads 12-0. 141 will be Kevin Jack (#3) vs. Zach Finesilver for Duke.

SaccoV
    Participant

Jack gives up tough takedown on a scramble but escapes immediately. 2-1 Finesilver.

pakfanistan
    Participant

You’re doing God’s work.

SaccoV
    Participant

Period 1 ends with Finesilver leading 2-1 over Jack. Jack takes down in Period 2.

SaccoV
    Participant

Reversal for Jack. 3-2 lead.

TheCOWDOG

Tip o’ the Cap, Sacco.
    I was too late to watch Amato wrestle, but I did see my former FB teammie, Tommy Higgins grapple.

Just wanted to give out a well deserved shout, as I’ve followed your interest in our what… Olympic sports as they say?

I, for one, appreciate.

SaccoV
    Participant

Jack rides out Finesilver for the 2nd period. Up 3-2 with riding time point.

SaccoV
    Participant

Yeah, I missed Turkay wrestle but saw lots of matches in the late 90s and Darrius Little was a wrestler I coached in high school. So, I live for these nights!!

SaccoV
    Participant

Jack got a takedown, gave up a escape late but hangs on for a 6-3 win. Pack leads 15-0.

SaccoV
    Participant

149 match Mitch Finesilver (ranked #20) versus Beau Donahue for State!

SaccoV
    Participant

Correction, Mitch Finesilver ranked #25. Donahue with first takedown. Up 2-1

SaccoV
    Participant

Donahue gets a takedown off a missed cradle from Mitch Finesilver. 4-2 lead for Donahue.

SaccoV
    Participant

Duke defers choice, Donahue takes down to start 2nd period.

SaccoV
    Participant

Finesilver earns 2 near-fall for basically having a half nelson in. Tied up at 4.

SaccoV
    Participant

Finesilver earns 2 near-fall for basically having a half nelson in. Tied up at 4.

SaccoV
    Participant

Now a clear turn for Finesilver. And another. 10-4 lead for Finesilver. With riding time point in hand.

SaccoV
    Participant

10-5 Finesilver but Donahue is standing.

TheCOWDOG

Sorry, Paki, slow to type. Ya beat me to it!

SaccoV
    Participant

Donahue takedown but immediate letup. 11-7 Finesilver.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.