Wolfpack Unveils New Football Helmets

Home Forums All StateFansNation Wolfpack Unveils New Football Helmets

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

I think these things look heinous but hey, what do I know? If the kids like them then I can get used to them I suppose.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Like it or not, at least it’s modern and stylish, done with contemporary style. For a second there I thought I had stumbled onto the wrong fan site (was Annabelle on vacation?), but then I saw the bitch, whine, moan, and repeat and knew I was at the right place..

tjfoose1
    Participant

Such things are done for a multitude of reasons. I’d say so far it’s a success. It got the kids excited and got you curmudgeons (takes one to know one) talking ‘Pack football in May after going winless in conference for the first time in forever.

Agree or disagree, right or wrong – I guarantee that helmet gets the Wolfpack in positive considerations and conversations from which it would have otherwise been excluded.

PS: bah humbug and get off my lawn.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

Kids like the Roma gypsy look now-a-days and I might as well get use to it.

bTHEredterror
    Participant

Looks sharp to me and there’s red and a block S for the fogeys, so attempts were made to meld the old money to the young energy.

TheCOWDOG

Jesushchristinasidecar!

Screw you people.

I’m outta here.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Here are State’s 3 football “traditions”

1. Replace last year’s lame gameday “traditions” with this year’s new lame gameday “traditions”.
    2. Wasting seasons with NFL talent QB’s.
    3. Screwing over season ticket holders and generally insulting those who are in attendance.

To be fair, it looks like we are moving away from Tradition #2!

redcanine
    Participant

Ugly. Where’d we get those from, Mortex?

Would make a good novelty piggy bank one day.

StateRed44
    Participant

Some bitter clingers up in here.

mak4dpak
    Participant

I am not overly excited about the helmets, because like most, they are different. Sometimes change is difficult to accept, but the team likes the look, so I am in too. My concern, and priority, is the results of our games on the field, and becoming a contender. What they wear on their head is of little concern, as long as they are winning games. Go Pack!

eas
    Participant

I hate to admit it but I do kind of like the helmets (although an all black carbon fiber minus the red might be better). I am a traditionalist with football and would be fine with the solid color and single stripe helmets. I also hate the Oregon duck flashy crap. However, I am cool with trying to reach out to refresh the look to possibly attract players etc. Yes Alabama attracts plenty with the plain jane attire (which I like) but we are not Bama. We kept the block “S” and for that I’m still on board.

For once the “new” helmet is not Fugly but different. Good or bad….I don’t know yet. I like the old school look the best in CF but I can also dig this look as well. Heck, honestly I’m just open minded at this point because what else can I be? Our Athletic ship has gone through various $hit storms and still manages to float (barely). So I am going to be optimistic on this change and say why the heck not. If anything thing else it gets me excited about the first game to pass judgement on some new threads. If they play awesome I’m sure I will like them. If they play like White Dog $hit then they will be carbon fiber turds.

Maybe I’m going through the mid-life thing so I will say they are kind of cool. Whatever…paint the darn things $hit brown or hot pink. Just win…

RedReid
    Participant

I hate it. I don’t mind switching the colors around like Clemson does. Purple pants, orange pants, etc. When you turn the TV on and you have to make a double take to figure out who is playing, it has gone too far. I hope this Oregon influence fad dies out soon. But Nike, Under Armor, and Adidas are fueling it so it is probably here to stay.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Wasting seasons with NFL talent QB’s.

Ah, yes, traditions. But the rare exceptions do make it exciting.

I especially like how were where able to time it just right so when we had NFL talent across the board on defense (3 first rounders on the DL alone) we had absolutely nothing at QB. That takes brilliant planning folks.

nav
    Participant

^That Foose pretty much sums up the last 20 yrs of State Athletics. We stick one of the best D’s we’ve ever had right smack dab inbetween two of the best QB’s State’s ever had but carefully do not let them overlap while making sure those QB’s have some of the worst D’s in the nation.

PackofMac
    Participant

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE LOGICALLY EXPLAIN WHAT YOU MEAN….OR WHAT IS YOUR ARGUMENT ABOUT TRADITION AS IT APPLIES TO NC STATE? the closest I ever saw this team finish near the top of the ACC the had the diamond logo on the helmets…did every one bitch and moan when we went away from that and went to the make me piss my pants exciting mini “S BLOCK” logo??? We do not have tradition…we have not finished above 3rd in the division…..YES NOT ABOVE 3rd IN THE DIVISION in over 10 years. You want a tradition, there’s one…sucking a**. How in the world anyone can complain about something energizing like this blows my mind and to beat all, the helmet actually looks good. It’s unique, not just a matte black or the carbon fiber look but a blend of all things new. Our program is stagnent…I welcome anything new. Bunch of old a**es sitting around griping and complaining about everything yet you still unload tons of money to support the sh*t ship we’ve been sailing on now for years. YOU WANT TO BE BOLD AND REALLY HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD?????? STOP BUYING TICKETS, let Debbie look down and see a half empty Carter. Better idea, REALIZE THAT TO GET ANY GOOD/GREAT RECRUITS WE HAVE TO DO MORE THAN HAVE A GREAT FACILITY…EVERYONE HAS ONE NOW. WE HAVE TO BE PROACTIVE IN ANY WAY WE CAN TO MARKET OUR PROGRAM TO YOUNG ATHLETIC KIDS. GO PACK!!! GREAT HELMETS!!!!I HOPE THE UNIFORMS ARE ALL BLACK WITH ANOTHER “NON” TRADITIONAL COLOR….SILVER WITH A HINT OF RED. SUCK THAT OLD TIMERS.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Here are State’s 3 football “traditions”

1. Replace last year’s lame gameday “traditions” with this year’s new lame gameday “traditions”.
    2. Wasting seasons with NFL talent QB’s.
    3. Screwing over season ticket holders and generally insulting those who are in attendance.

To be fair, it looks like we are moving away from Tradition #2!

While getting stronger with #1 & #3. Of course if we move much further away from #2 we won’t have to worry about 1 & 3 anymore, there won’t be anyone willing to pay to continue watching a dumpster fire.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Well stated, foose. That was indeed a most maddening time.

If it’s any consolation, I have no doubt Amato would have found a way to f-ck everything up even if the talent balance stars had aligned.

nav
    Participant

Nothing wrong with wanting to rant but any post with more than 5 consecutive capital letters should be auto-deleted by the server. If you can’t get your point across with normal typing the just don’t bother to type it.

Wulfpack
    Participant

It’s just different strokes for different folks. No biggie. I will back the Pack no matter what they are in on gameday. But if you think somehow our play is going to improve significantly because of the design of the helmet, you might want to think again. If it helps improve the talent pool then by all means. I’m just not one to think that a kid is going to pick a middling program in a rather lousy conference because he likes the way a helmet looks. It’s gonna take a lot more than that, but I realize it could at least be a start.

redcanine
    Participant

Does it come with call waiting and a free subscription to Sports Illustrated?

Fastback68
    Participant

Freddie likes the helmet!

MP
    Participant

Perfect! Now all we need is some loud hip-hop and our fans waving four fingers like a buncha goons at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

BJD95
    Keymaster

For the record, I’m not opposed to black helmets per se, but those f-cking wolf eyes…

john of sparta
    Participant

eyeball testing:
    1. good at night.
    2. sucks daytime.

on TV:
    1. b/w carbon-fiber hatchwork sparkles like fairy dust in the sunshine.
    2. at night it will reflect the multiple points of lighting (shimmer).

sooo…
    nighttime is the right time.

LRM
    Keymaster

I’m pretty sure these are just an alternate set. I imagine we’ll sport them against FSU.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.