Wolfpack Unveils New Football Helmets

Home Forums All StateFansNation Wolfpack Unveils New Football Helmets

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

A picture says a thousand words, they say, but this one has me at a loss for any words at all. The “Pack in Black” will debut this fall, but it’s not
    [See the full post at: Wolfpack Unveils New Football Helmets]

EasternWakeWolf
    Participant

Like it. Gotta keep up with every one else, and the kids love stuff like this.

nav
    Participant

If the kids love it then I love it. That’s what it’s about. Recruiting talent. I’m 39 and I love the new helment patterns but I’m sure there will be plentty of “Get off my lawn” ol’man attitudes towards the new design. Many will argue that black is not an official State color and should not be worn.

I personally don’t care if they wear pink and purple with green polka dots as long as they win games. I can always just listen to the game on the radio if I don’t care to watch them. lol.

tobaccordshow
    Keymaster

Looks like they stole the wolf eyes on the back from SFNs footer.

WTNY
    Participant
    JohnGalt78
    Participant

Put some Google Glasses on the rear facing eyes. That’d be great for our d-backs and no more blind side hits on the QB.

66pack
    Participant

let me see if i understand-we need these uniforms to stay current with the times and to recruit better like Alabama,LSU,Florida State,Florida,Ohio State,Michigan,Penn State.Auburn and Tenn. to name a few.Maybe we should have at least 20 variations like Maryland and be a consistent top 10 in the ACC.

WTNY
    Participant

Some of the players were excited: NC State Football Helmet Unveil – Team Reaction

StateRed44
    Participant

Sweet!

nav
    Participant

No, we don’t need these uniforms to stay current with “Alabama,LSU,Florida State,Florida,Ohio State,Michigan,Penn State.Auburn and Tenn”. Those programs have history and don’t need all the gimmickry. If that’s a word.
    We need these uniforms to stay current with the Maryland, UNC, UVa, Duke, WF, GT, and Pitt’s of the world. Those are the programs we are competing against. Those are the programs we are battling for recruits. We get the remians of what’s left after the Bama’s, Auburns, FSU, and so forth pick their recruits. That’s the reality of the college fb landscape. Every now and then we’ll steal one but it’s few and far between.
    Do you not agree?

LRM
    Keymaster

These are atrociously perfect for the style-over-substance, marketing-focused program we’ve become.

StateRed44
    Participant

^Dick Sheridan and Lou Holtz ain’t walking through that door. And they both quit on us anyway. Not fired, quit. Current guy might go down, but it seems he will go down swinging as he should. Hopefully this will drum up interest because right now it’s pretty moribund.

BJD95
    Keymaster

These are atrociously perfect for the style-over-substance, marketing-focused program we’ve become.

HA! This, all day long. It’s funny (and sad) because it’s true.

theTHRILL
    Participant

Give me the predictable classic look. We started doing this varying uniforms gimmick a few seasons ago and we’ve only gotten worse.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Get off my lawn!

packplantpath
    Participant

Some of the players were excited: NC State Football Helmet Unveil – Team Reaction

Who was this video made for? Nothing appeals to young, urban, recruits like early 80s rock and the ultimate old guy motorcycle doing burnouts, right?

That makes me sad…..

Pack84
    Participant

I can’t decide which is worse – these butt-ugly helmets or the butt-ugly play I saw on the field last year. Of course I guess if we’re going to play like clowns we might as well look the part.

13OT
    Participant

If they tried this kind of stuff at Michigan, they’d be run out of Ann Arbor.

I guess when you haven’t had any tradition for the past 25 years, you’re desperate enough to try anything to erase the bad memories. Why not yellow helmets instead? Maybe this way our QBs could do a better job at finding their receivers than they did last season.

If we MUST have black as a primary color, then by all means let’s scrap the red (and of course the white) and make our official colors black and blue. That would signify the painful fact that we’ve been beaten black and blue for the past quarter-century in almost every sport that matters at NCSU.

Besides, when was the last time any of you on here EVER saw the Wolfpack win a game that mattered while wearing these witless black colors?

Greywolf
    Participant

So what should the Pack do? Sit on their asses and “just win, baby?”

I don’t know what the recruits like or don’t like but this helmet design blends the traditional and the new, high tech look. And what’s with the motorcycle put down? Should new designs be shown on the hood of some made-in-Japan POS?

We could pick apart any damn thing our Athletics Department put out if we wanted to — or were stupid enough to do. We had a turn with Colonel Klink at the helm. How’d that work out? So our new coach rides up on a Harley, wearing black jeans, a leather jacket and sporting a Pack in Black helmet. I like it better than the black uni with pink numbers and trim. And I like a lot of other things he is trying.

We lost them all but we were in the fight most of the time. I think I’m going to give the new helmet design and the 2014 team a chance before I piss and moan too much.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Here are State’s 3 football “traditions”

1. Replace last year’s lame gameday “traditions” with this year’s new lame gameday “traditions”.
    2. Wasting seasons with NFL talent QB’s.
    3. Screwing over season ticket holders and generally insulting those who are in attendance.

Wolfman 9806
    Participant

We play like a MAC team, so we might as well look like one too!

Wufpacker
    Participant

I kinda like ’em.
    But get off my lawn anyway.

packplantpath
    Participant

LOL. I neither like nor dislike the helmets. But the video….

It is decent advertising to the 40+ crowd. Maybe that is who it was aimed at?

nav
    Participant

I agree with several posters on here in that the video is the worst/most embarrassing part. Looks to be produced by a bunch of out-of-touch-with-kids white marketing geniuses.

And this comes from a guy who rides a Harley.

Fastback68
    Participant

I don’t care what K Street is wearing when he embeds his helmet into the sternum of the unx qb. Worst to first.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.