WOLFPACK IS DANCING!!!

Home Forums All StateFansNation WOLFPACK IS DANCING!!!

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    pakfanistan
    Participant

I think it should be a requirement that everyone drink Budweiser till we are eliminated or win the whole dam thing.

Yeah…..I don’t want it that bad.

Gowolves
    Participant

Don’t forget Xavier has faced a dominant scorer in McDermott twice and won one time. This will not be new to them. What the rest of the team does and the defense will determine the outcome.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MISTA WOLF wrote:</div>
    I think it should be a requirement that everyone drink Budweiser till we are eliminated or win the whole dam thing. I commented on the “So You’re saying we have a chance” thread that we would be a play in 12 seed aroun noon today. That was my 1st Budweiser. I have now moved on to liquor. Go Pack!

Beer then liquor, never been sicker.

Don’t believe all them wise tales now!!! I have experienced the truth behind that line and I guess you have too my friend.

Mike
    Participant

Happy to be dancing, and a couple thoughts (not that anyone cares about my thoughts).

UVA deserved a #1 for winning the ACC and the tourney. I would be curious how many years the reg season and tourney does not get a #1. Probably rare if ever. Yes, the ACC is down this year but winning both merits a #1. Plus, many were saying Duke would have been a #1 if they had won, and therefore, UVA deserves the #1.

As for us, RDU to Dayton is an easy flight, and hopefully we get Dayton to Orlando,another easy flight. Dont over look Xavier but the way this team is playing right now, I would not want to look across the bracket from us. Freeman was huge against Duke and that will help him. Cat was elevating on his J and hitting it – that too will be crucial for the confidence and game moving forward. Vandy and Buckets are glad to have one more shot, and my guess is Pops will tell Jr to take over like he did for the back end of the season.

I am happy to see NCCU in and look out – those guys have won like 20 in a row. That team will not be an easy out and could surprise the #3 seed.

Seedings to me are overrated too – if you want to win it all, you have to beat good teams along the way. An 8 seed has to beat a 1 in the 2nd round, but a 6 seed would have to beat the 1 to go to final four. Point is, no matter when you play them, you have to beat them along the way. Only relevance to seeding is to say “we made the sweet 16” but the goal really is to win it all.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Had an obnoxious so called carowina friend ragging me after our loss yesterday. His comments “Start the bus”, and “Can you say NIT.” Messaged him back and told him he knew where he stick his NIT! We are dancing.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Shit, I like our draw better than the asterisks…even with the extra game!

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Defense, defense, defense. This game will come down to how well we defend and rebound, period. We’ll score it. Since Buckets has rightfully gotten 20-30 shots per game, we’ve cut down on the turnovers, and Turner was inserted in the lineup, our offensive efficiency has skyrocketed. Unfortunately, as BJD95 has pointed out, 3-4 of our starters are also among our poorest defenders, and they’re not strong rebounders either. We still stink on that end, whether we’re in zone or man. Gott’s team have typically hit brickwalls in the Dance because you face teams, like Xavier, who can score and defend well. Unless we’re absolutely on fire, I think we’ll be in for a struggle. But getting to the Dance this year as a pleasant surprise, so I hope the players enjoy it.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Not to gripe, I’m ecstatic we’re in. But I was curious, checked Kenpom, and we’re the 9th worst defensive team in the tourney. Top third on offense.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Agree, watch out for the Chanticleers. I think UVA is the first #1 to go down, if not round 1, 2nd round. I still like Wichita State even with that bear of a bracket.

Wulfpack
    Participant

If UVA defends the way they have, oh, the past 3 months, then they are moving on easily. That thing is rock solid.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

On the way home from gf’s … hear on the radio that Lunardi will be on, and Goodman is on same show (hahaha!)

Run upstairs to listen, Lunardi and Goodman crying about SMU – even though scheduling is a known variable that can be controlled.

Gottfried coming up at the top of the hour. The whining about our inclusion from Lunardi and Goodman is priceless. Nothing against Lunardi, but Goodman can suck it. Fun times! 🙂

pakfanistan
    Participant

If UVA defends the way they have, oh, the past 3 months, then they are moving on easily. That thing is rock solid.

Let’s see how they officiate in the tournament. That might have an effect on Virginia’s chance at advancing.

tjfoose1
    Participant

“After watching Central’s season they turned out to be a decent team.”

After the Central loss, somebody made the point that the loss was not a surprise. With the coach and returning players, Central was a good team and the loss was not a bad loss.

That same person was castigated by several posters here, in a u*nc-syracuse obnoxious arrogant kind of way.

Two letters for you. F U

packalum44
    Participant

It’s awesome we get to dance in a down year.

UVA is a legit 1 seed. Duke played WELL today and was simply beat by a better team. They can win it all.

brqan925
    Participant

I would be curious how many years the reg season and tourney does not get a #1. Probably rare if ever.

It happened just last year with Miami, who received a #2 seed. I think that’s the only time it’s happened, though.

Wulfpack
    Participant

UVA was a bit disrespected in the polls for the majority of the ACC regular season. But then they castrated Cuse, winning the ACC outright. I think they moved up to fifth. Then following up with the tourney title with impressive wins over Pitt and Duke (they controlled that game from start to finish) sealed the deal. They earned it.

Texpack
    Participant

UVa may not be the best team in the tournament, but they may be the toughest team to beat.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Mak4DPak,
    You MIGHT remind your UNC fan that HIS team will be going to RDU rather than the leisurely ride over to the PNC. Pitt sent them to the airport.

As to US….I had a sneaking suspicion (wish I was that psychic about the stock market…) that we would get in. Had not ruled out a “play in”. Interesting that we are playing for a #12 seed rather than a #16.

I know that AD Yow and staff were burning LOTS of broadband sending stuff to the NCAA committee after the wins during the tourney. Looks like all the stuff they sent (maybe they have pictures of certain members and their mascots) worked. Wellman must have also had a hand in this.

He probably had two stickies on his phone….Figure out HOW to State IN….and Fire Bzzz…

I have NOT heard any inside stuff….just a gut reaction.

BTW….did you guys notice that King Karl was always scheduled in a NON-WP game and that Karl did NOT make the Final Sunday game. I have NEVER found any data that goes far enough back to find TWO consecutive years where Karl did NOT have every ACC Team and MANY of them several times.

GO PACK….having minor surgery on Wednesday AM…will stay up late and hopefully BE HAPPY. Dayton is not that bad a place to play and YES, it is a bit of an inconvenience to have the play-in, but I will GLADLY give up the opportunity to go to the NIT games at the PNC.

Those NCAA Participation Banners are NICE.

It will ALSO be nice to see one hanging in Reynolds….for the Ladies.

tractor57
    Participant

“After the Central loss, somebody made the point that the loss was not a surprise. With the coach and returning players, Central was a good team and the loss was not a bad loss.

That same person was castigated by several posters here, in a u*nc-syracuse obnoxious arrogant kind of way.”

One thing I like about this time is the cream rises. These guys deserve some props. I appreciate good play – even when by the “blews”.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Yep. Happy for their coach. He’s earned some spotlight time.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

wilmwolf80
    Participant

I was a person that didn’t think that the Central loss was as bad at the time as most everyone seemed to think. With a young team, that is exactly the type of team that I expected to beat us early in the year. Good for them for winning their conference and helping us out some.

I’m getting a big kick right now at how pissed Joe Lunardi is that we got in. Crying that SMU should have gotten in, and that he didn’t even have us as next four out. Guess what Joe, kenpom isn’t the end all, be all when it comes to tourney selection. Neither is the BPI stat that ESPN seemingly just made up for no reason several years ago. I think more than anything Joe is just upset that whichever member of the selection committee it is that feeds him his info mislead him. Stats are good, and can be useful, but as I’ve tried to tell you guys all season, watch the games with your eyes and you will see what this team is capable of.

MrPlywood
    Participant

If you’re REALLY happy you can go here…

http://24hoursofhappy.com/

Note: even if you don’t like the song the concept and technical execution is cool.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Yeah that is a pretty cool idea 🙂

It’s my theme song right now b/c I’m on cloud 9 … hope the guys on the team are as well.

They should be – fought hard and persevered all season. Well done.

redcanine
    Participant

12/12 matchup on a Tuseday night. None of the national blabber mouths will be able to get the words “NC State Wolfpack” and “TJ Warren” out of their fat heads for the next two days. I don’t mind us being the only game in town on a Tuesday… I’ll catch ‘Justified’ some other time.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.