WOLFPACK IS DANCING!!!

Home Forums All StateFansNation WOLFPACK IS DANCING!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    MrPlywood
    Participant

It makes me laugh to know that Lunardi and Goodman are pulling their hair out over this. Goodman is now 0 for 2 with State related predictions. Some “journalist”.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

elvislives
    Participant

^ Was waiting for that reaction video all night. Thanks for finding/posting!

MrPlywood
    Participant

Make the most of it boys!

JeremyH
    Participant

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/2014/story/_/id/10617020/a-first-look-every-team-ncaa-tournament-field

On Sunday night, the Wolfpack became the single-most shocking bubble inclusion of the season. Maybe the past five seasons. Not that we’re complaining: NC State’s surprise arrival in the bracket means more meaningful college basketball from forward T.J. Warren, arguably the nation’s best scorer not named Doug McDermott. Yes please.

Lunatic Fringe
    Participant

It makes me laugh to know that Lunardi and Goodman are pulling their hair out over this. Goodman is now 0 for 2 with State related predictions. Some “journalist”.

0-2 is being is generous…more like 0-infinity. I am still waiting on the day he is right about anything NC State related.

redisgood
    Participant

This is also why the “his team didn’t make the tourney” criteria Goodman and a few other jackasses were espousing when saying TJ didn’t deserve ACC POY is such utter nonsense.

I still laugh at Goodman’s drooling over Harrison Barnes and proclaiming him National POY before he ever dribbled a ball in a college practice.

nckestrel
    Participant

“Wisconsin-Green Bay, which played four NCAA tournament teams and beat two of them (Tulsa and Virginia) is out, but …[snip]…an NC State that played hardly anyone, are in.”
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/2014/story/_/id/10620278/the-ncaa-tournament-always-works-just-right
    Four? You’re impressed with four? Pittsburg (twice), Virginia, Syracuse (twice), Duke (twice), UNC (twice), Cincinnati, Tennessee, NC Central. NCSU played three times as many NCAA tournament teams as Wisconsin-Green Bay, yet ESPN says “played hardly anyone”.

When you declare your own criteria and then immediately prove your not even using your own excuses, you are [fill in blank].

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Objectivity is so overrated apparently.

It never ceases to amaze how far people will go to prove that “they are right”. A case can be made for Green Bay. But to speak falsities about another team (N.C. State) in order to make your case – well, then, that’s not much of a case.

I would’ve put in Green Bay over BYU, but again, BYU’s sos sealed the deal.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

I’m kinda likenin’ this play in game. No time to dwell on this opponent and then, hopefully no time to dwell on the next two. Study a bit of film, jump on the plane, suit up and play hard.

I note as well that some of our guys tweet from time to time about “haters”. No doubt they find motivation there. I hope Gott puts together a mash up of the a holes, Goodman and company, and plays it for the team tomorrow about 6:30 pm. We will be underdogs in every game we play. We will be talked about nonstop as not belonging. Yet, we do belong.

Go Pack! We are proud of your accomplishments this year. Play with passion, focus, drive and guts. You can beat any of these teams!

BJD95
    Keymaster

It should also be noted that Green Bay got a 4 seed in the NIT. Yeah, FOUR.

choppack1
    Participant

While it was shocking it wasn’t a travesty of justice or anything. We were very close to being “in”…cal, SMU and green bay were close, but like us they didn’t do enough to feel confident on selection Sunday. We got in by beating 2 at large teams away from home in last 4 games…did those other teams do that?

Very happy for team and coaches.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Most are saying this is no big deal. That we earned our way in playing and beating good teams. And we have Warren. Actually quite surprised at all the love we are recieving nationally. Most have us advancing past Xavier and St. Louey.

packof81
    Participant

I’m delighted to see us in the big dance. I’m happy for the players and coaches. Survive and Advance …

Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.