Weekend Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Weekend Open Thread

Viewing 24 posts - 76 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Mr. Dog… are you and Wuf in the dugout where ya’ll belong ?
    Nice afternoon down here for a little baseball… 70* in West Rawlee…

:>}

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

Beautiful day for a baseball game, that’s for sure …

UNI comes back to win the MVC title, helping bubble squads breathe slightly easier. North Florida clinches from the A-Sun.

Previous Pack opponent Hofstra heading to double OT against 1-seed William & Mary in the CAA semis … on NBCSportsChannel for anyone interested.

Tulsa @ SMU tight late … I don’t think Tulsa really merits an at-large, but this one is a must for any real discussion.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Lacey 2nd team All-ACC, Anya first team defense, and sixth man, whatever that is.

Texpack
    Participant

Anya as Sixth Man of the Year and Lacey 2nd Team All-ACC, more respect than I thought we’d get.

SMU looks like they will hold on. Tulsa is toast unless they win the tournament.

Greg Marshall being mentioned as a replacement for Rick Barnes at Texas. Article from the pay side of the Houston Chronicle this morning so no link.

Pack78
    Participant

Pack over the Tiggs 14-6 final-love it when Jobu gets his refill…

Wufpacker
    Participant

Ditto me on that 78. If I get energetic later I might even have to write about the series win over the Tiggs.

Good start to conf play fo sho!

BJD95
    Keymaster

We keep hitting all these homers, Avent will have no choice but to bunt less too. šŸ˜€

TheCOWDOG

Yeah, we got a bit miffed when Fincher squared up to SAC once, but my boy turned right around and dropped the perfect push bunt past the pitcher for a base hit. Take that, Elliott.

Later, Finch went yard.

BJD95
    Keymaster

“Survive and Advance” on ESPN2 now.

Texpack
    Participant

We just beat Ralph in Atlanta. The first bonfire has been lit.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I’m talking a kid into watching!

Texpack
    Participant

The thing I remember most about the Pepperdine game, which started at 11pm in Raleigh, is that I ran out of real beer and had to drink some free Schlitz I got from a brewery tour in Winston-Salem.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I was 9, my parents didn’t initially let me watch. But my mom woke me up shrieking when we got it to OT and I got to watch both sessions.

BJD95
    Keymaster

That was the only moment of the ACCT and NCAAT I didn’t watch. And boy, do I ever remember it all vividly.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Seeing V in Reynolds was even more powerful than the ESPYs speech. Will never forget it.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Iā€™m talking a kid into watching!

When I’m working from home and can’t find anything at all to have on in the background, I’ll often put ‘Survive and Advance’ on Netflix on and just let it play šŸ™‚ … I gotta have my background noise!

Since the Pepperdine game was on a Friday, my dad let me stay up with him and watch it until 2 in the morning … will never, ever forget it.

My mom made me go to bed for the Utah Sweet 16 game for some reason … I was so mad hahaha

Heelh8r
    Participant

Chills…

BJD95
    Keymaster

Two of my kids agreed to watch the “Reynolds speech” part, because they both wanted to see me cry. LMAO

I’ve explained many times that men just don’t like to cry in front of people, and only sports makes it marginally acceptable.

Kudos to Jonathan Hock for showing more of that than the ESPYs speech, proving his bona fides as a director.

FWIW, the memory that lingers most is that I was driving home and I flipped to WKNC. They were playing Temple of the Dog “Say Hello to Heaven” and I just f-ing KNEW that it was for V. And it was. He was gone. Dunno how I managed not to crash, I’m not a good driver in the best of circumstances. šŸ˜€

Wufpacker
    Participant

Your musical tastes are improving, not that I’m saying they’re bad to begin with. Just getting better (excepting Men Without Hats, of course) šŸ˜‰

I wasn’t in Reynolds that day. Had to work and gave tix away. But the timing was such that I heard the speech on the radio heading home. Had to pull off the road…couldn’t see to drive.

But then again, I still cry everytime James Earl Jones gives his baseball soliloquy. Not to mention when Ray asks his dad to have a catch. ‘Bout time to watch that again, in fact.

MP
    Participant

Seeing V in Reynolds was even more powerful than the ESPYs speech. Will never forget it.

I was there too! May have run into you on the floor šŸ™‚

Wufpacker
    Participant

Wofford has their hands full with Furman. 1 pt game under 4 minutes to go.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Bill and Mary have cut a 25 point deficit down to 6.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Do the Terrier Dance!

Wufpacker
    Participant

LMAO…those guys were nuts.

Viewing 24 posts - 76 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.