Weekend Baseball: BC Comes to Town

Home Forums All StateFansNation Weekend Baseball: BC Comes to Town

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Wolfpack Baseball (20-15, 6-12 ACC, 5th Atlantic) kicks off its longest homestand of the season (4/18 thru 5/12, 15 games) this weekend as they welcom
    [See the full post at: Weekend Baseball: BC Comes to Town]

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Carlos, my man, try to erase this season from your mind. Imagine this is the opener and you have a clean slate. Imagine that scouts have never seen you pitch before. Just go out there and have fun, throw hard, relax, kick ass. Don’t look forward and don’t look back.

john of sparta
    Participant

please name the BC player who will have a career game.
    it’s to be expected, is it not? (says my hot French prof)

Wufpacker
    Participant

Olczak works a scoreless (even if somewhat shaky) 9th to preserve Carlos Rodon’s 3rd win of the season, 5-1 final over BC in game one.

BJD95
    Keymaster

In terms of making the ACC tourney, we really lucked out to have series against the three worst teams in the league (VT, BC, and ND).

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ I’m (almost) ashamed to admit that my first thought after reading that was “Too bad we can’t play ourselves”.

Pack falls Saturday night to BC by a 7-5 final.

Interestingly (or not), Pack hitters launched 3 round trippers tonight (including two off the bat of Trea Turner). BC pitching had previously yielded only six HRs total on the year.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Pack falls to BC 9-7 in 11 innings Sunday. BC wins its first ACC series of the year.
    Yep, that’s right….even Notre Dame, with only 3 conference wins TOTAL, was able to to take 2/3 from these guys.

Pack is now 7 games below .500 in league play (7-14) with 9 to play.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Season over, people.

packalum44
    Participant

Carlos likely has slipped from #1. Shame for State fans – it was the only thing we could have hoped to hang our hat on this season.

Last year was the anomaly season. Not this one.

17 years:
    1 CWS
    0 ACC titles
    0 regular season titles
    Thousands of content NC State fans.

TheCOWDOG

You gotta be a big time goober to hang your hat on a #1 overall, dude.

Even if it’s the last one in the closet.

TheCOWDOG

Titles. Titles. Easy for me to say.

Yeah. Count me as one that is pleased by this core group of guys that got jobbed in a Super, and followed up with a trip to Omaha. Yep. Damn straight.

It ain’t ovah til it’s ovah.

ncsslim
    Participant

There’s certainly a lot to like with this core group. But…., a perfect microcosm of this season (and the team playing it out) occurred in the 8th inning when we get a lead off triple and strand the guy (I believe Shepherd), all while down by three runs. Against a BC (hell, they gave up 3 to us in the bottom of the 9th – they were just hanging there for the taking) in an absolutely critical game is freakin’ inexcusable. Almost like giving up 7 in the last 1 1/3 last week (one at home and the other might as well have been) Those last two Sunday games have seemingly put the season on ice. And we really have no excuse in either.

Unfortunate for this core group, whether they’ve been specifically involved in the meltdowns or not. They don’t deserve to go out this way. Coach Avent on the other hand, he just needs to go out.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Honestly started attending State baseball games last year, and had a great time. Had really looked forward to a promising year and team this year, but this team had been quite a disappointment. The nucleus of last year’s team still playing, but team sucks, and will be lucky to make the ACC tourney field. Just down right inexcusable. Started out ranked in top 10, and continued to slide lower and lower. Wish I could explain it. But I am at a loss for words to explain their demise.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.