unx COI Report Tomorrow?

Home Forums All StateFansNation unx COI Report Tomorrow?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

http://cdn.barstoolsports.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-12-at-9.09.50-AM.jpg

Thanks again, Marv!

choppack1
    Participant

Zilch. Nada. They got away with it. Hopefully this ends the NCAA.

Of course, our “leadership” (sans Tom O’Brien) has had zilch to say critical…which I have always found telling.

revdmills75
    Participant
    Since74
    Participant

Hillary status.

Rick
    Keymaster

I told you guys nothing was going to come of this despite the “insiders” on this board claiming they were going to get hammered.
    This is why I have basically given up on college sports. Why watch a rigged game.

WTNY
    Participant

There is only ONE lesson to be learned from this scandal:

POWER

UNC-Ch has it in spades in all the right places.

NC State would be wise to invest in the same.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

ahahahahahahahhahaha unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahhahahahahahah

NC State is doing it wrong. Time to install “classes”

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Time to install “classes”

why stop there…

time to change athletes grades
    time to employ agents on coaching staffs
    time to give athletes access to brand new luxury SUVs
    time to pay players for trips around the country
    etc. etc. etc. i can’t even remember all the stuff they’ve gotten away with

And do it for decades!

rthomas44
    Participant

As I said earlier, toooo late,and I don’t care…f*** ’em.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Total loss for words. I mean not even a single softball scholarship reduction? I’m totally befuddled.

tractor57
    Participant

AT sadly I’m not surprised.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Well it was a fine ride while it lasted. I guess I should revise my previous post: No Virgina, there isn’t a Friday

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Say what you want, UNC managed this to perfection. It wasn’t just the obfuscation, it was the intentional blurring of lines. The issue should’ve never been about “paper classes.” Ever. Stupid line of inquiry. That’s what an independent study largely is. There are plenty of classes that aren’t independent studies where a prof may require little work beyond a paper. And this has zilch to do with STEM school vs. “liberal arts.”

But the NCAA didn’t really make an effort to distinguish between these “paper classes” and the courses and grades that were entirely fabricated. I’ve never read the Weinstein report in full, but to my knowledge, the Weinstein report also failed to distinguish. The focus shoul’ve always been on fraudulent, as in, not appearing on a course catalog, not a properly authorized or supervised Independent Study. How many of these were available to the general student body?

More importantly, the academic angle led to a focus away from the glaring access to cars, paid for tickets, and a whole laundry list of impermissible benefits that there’s no evidence the NCAA ever explored adequately. They certainly don’t appear to have devoted anywhere close to the time on this as they did the academic angle. And it was all there.

choppack1
    Participant

And Beverly is ineligible as ruled by the NCAA.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

SMH…

From down here… A wrist slap would not have been all that surprising, but a ‘decision to not make a decision’ truly is….

The NCAA is dying a death of 1000 knives…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Whiteshoes67
    Participant

My guess is that the NCAA ultimately made a decision that they had to cut their losses on this to focus on the more important unresolved issues stemming from the O’Bannon case.

There were some that assumed because of that case, the NCAA had to show a hard hand. But that was far from true. The pressure had to come from other schools and conferences, and it hasn’t. Until that happens, the shenanigans will continue.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I’m predicting some Street Justice will be enforced on the HOLES, Saturday afternoon, November 25th in Carter Stadium….

There’s no good reason not to hang 50 on ’em…
    and I’m sure in Chubb’s last game, our D will get their licks too…

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

From down here… A wrist slap would not have been all that surprising, but a ‘decision to not make a decision’ truly is….

exactly Bill.. ZERO punishment? That is unexplainable.

StateRed44
    Participant

I was going to ask if the NCAA even considered the cars, houses, paid parking tickets or whatever. Its almost like they just lost interest or gave up. What was with the third NOA? Somehow they were bought it seems.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

That is unexplainable.

Well, not exactly…

Money Talks — Justice Walks…

As for other schools pushing the NCAA for justice in this class, that was never gonna happen as they all, including NC State, believe….

“Let he hath no sin cast the first stone.”

The most we can hope for is Condeleza Rice, in her new job at the NCAA, will make a difference. But even that is somewhat of a sham from the start. It’s simply a matter of taking the “We can manage necessary reform for ourselves ‘better’ than some one from the outside” road, thereby ensuring that we can at least stay in business for another 5-10 years….

I would like to think that the folks over in Orange County are thinking the same thing plus…
    “We spent a ton money, but in the end we were lucky”.

Both ought to be more worried about the FBI than ever.

StateRed44
    Participant

Hate to say it but the FBI is more corrupt than UNC ever dreamed of being. I mean you are talking about an untouchable agency that answers to a political appointee. Give me a break.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^The FBI’s bosses apparently want to f’ with college sports just like they seem to want to f’ with the NBA and NFL…

As Bomanti said the other day…

“It’s all about not wanting incredibly rich black men being role models.
    Nothing more, Nothing less.”

Now who’s gonna argue with Bomanit?

ryebread
    Participant

If anyone expected anything real to happen to UNC, then I have some ocean front property in Oklahoma to sell you. UNC is one of the NCAA’s cash cows. The NCAA makes money off the basketball tournament and apparel licensing. UNC is huge for them in both. To think the NCAA was going to do anything that might hurt it’s own revenue sources was just blind hope. Anyone here still believe in the Easter Bunny?

I figured they’d get a wrist slap. The harshest I expected was some vacated wins, more probation, and maybe a 1 year postseason ban. None of those things would have changed anything. Shrugs.

Even with these low expectations, I will admit that this was such a joke that all I could do was laugh. Paki hit me up after this was released and while I didn’t “know,” I already knew. Even as cynical as I was all along, it was still a sad day for NC State.

If NC State had any spine, they’d hold a press conference on Monday and just announce that we’ll forfeit all games for 5 years against UNC in all sports — the length of time that UNC should not be playing any games based on their infractions. Fans go home, there will be no games. We’ll take the hit from loss of TV revenue. I’d love to see old Swof and the ACC try to levy anything.

choppack1
    Participant

What bill says is key.

It’s really the President’s of these universities. It would be real easy for them to say “that’s it, we aren’t playing them anymore.”

But they know the system is a sham. They know there are big dogs, medium sized dogs and lapdogs.

Basically, if you’re pure as the driven snow, you can say something. Else, you better walk away. Did you notice who DIDN’T get called out in the FBI investigation? Why Louisville? Why not Kentucky?

I actually think of this scandal had occurred in the 80s UNC would have paid dearly. For a while there, no one was safe once the investigators showed up.

Kentucky was punished, Kansas was punished, Alabama was punished.

However, sometime around 2000 or so, a critical mass was reached. Heck, UNC helped create the APR which from what I can tell is the only “once in school” rule enforced. Now, no one is remotely clean – and basically every one big holds a gun to another’s head.

Again, I don’t doubt for 5 seconds that if FSU, Duke, UVa, State, Clemson, Ga Tech, Louisville, Miami, Virginia Tech and Wake said “that’s it. We are self imposing, we refuse to participate in any game against them” the Heels would cave.

But they aren’t doing that…the question is why. I think we all know the answer. Like anyone dirty in a position in power, once you got dirt on you, you suddenly become ok with lax enforcement of the rules.

choppack1
    Participant

Rye – there is zero evidence. Look @ the ratings. No one cares – and that’s precisely the problem. No one cares except for UNC’s big money guys and little guys who have been punished like us.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.