Tip-off against FSU at 9pm in PNC

Home Forums All StateFansNation Tip-off against FSU at 9pm in PNC

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

This team was supposed to have Trevor, Kyle and a healthy Terry, he can’t control that stuff.

Programs all over the country lose players early EVERY YEAR. If a coach doesn’t have plans for this phenomenon, then he shouldn’t be the coach. I wish people would just drop this excuse….because it isn’t a valid one.

packbackr04
    Participant

I beg to differ, in year 5 its totally Gotts show. And he should have a better team than what he rolled out this year even with Henderson (imagine if he hadnt landed Rowan at the last minute, yikes). However, I started a forum thread for discussion on Gott so as not to hijack this one.

Wulfpack
    Participant

We’ve gotten beat by two second year coaches (Buzz, Manning). We’ve gotten beat by freshmen and transfer heavy teams (Lville, FSU). It’s year to year in MBB. Just the way it is nowadays. It is all on Gott.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

We’ve gotten beat by two second year coaches (Buzz, Manning). We’ve gotten beat by freshmen and transfer heavy teams (Lville, FSU). It’s year to year in MBB. Just the way it is nowadays. It is all on Gott.

I know you are talking about ACC here but if you expand on that, we got beat by a team with a new coach and **coughcough** a team of Herb recruits. Thats embarrassing.

State needs to get to the point where they stockpile McDonald’s all americans left and right and re-load the chamber every year no matter who leaves. I think Gotts building towards that and deserves some slack for this year because we’re just not that kind of program yet.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I think Gotts building towards that

No evidence of that from my vantage point.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

State needs to get to the point where they stockpile McDonald’s all americans left and right and re-load the chamber every year no matter who leaves. I think Gotts building towards that and deserves some slack for this year because we’re just not that kind of program yet.

Or…….we could hire a coach that can win games without an entire roster full of Mickeys AA.

There is simply no evidence that Gott is “building” anything remotely close to what you are suggesting.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Or…….we could hire a coach that can win games without an entire roster full of Mickeys AA.

It’s so simple! When you say it like that, I have to wonder why other schools haven’t thought of it.

You should look at the winners of the NCAA and ACC tournaments, over the last say…20 years, and tell me how often those coaches that win games without overwhelming talent come along.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

It’s so simple! When you say it like that, I have to wonder why other schools haven’t thought of it.

You should look at the winners of the NCAA and ACC tournaments, over the last say…20 years, and tell me how often those coaches that win games without overwhelming talent come along.

FSU, ND, Miami and UVA all have won it recently without overwhelming talent. next question

pakfanistan
    Participant

FSU, ND, Miami and UVA all have won it recently without overwhelming talent. next question

How bout the previous 15 years? How bout the NCAA tournament?

mak4dpak
    Participant

I can’t blame the coach for this one either. Every game we have lost in the ACC, we have had chances to win, but the common problem in each game is the poor shooting percentages, in FGs, and for some player FTs. Yet again we have had chances to win, so if we ever learn to shoot, winning should be no problem.

Wulfpack
    Participant

FSU, ND, Miami and UVA all have won it recently without overwhelming talent.

That is correct. It isn’t easy, but it certainly can be done.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

How bout the previous 15 years? How bout the NCAA tournament?

but, but, but………….

college basketball is a different game then it was 15 years ago. You dont need to have an all american at every position to win. I just gave you the past 4 winners of the ACC and for a educational challenge look up and see how many Mickey ds were on those teams.

Wulfpack
    Participant

How about Butler? Wisconsin?

pakfanistan
    Participant

but, but, but………….

college basketball is a different game then it was 15 years ago. You dont need to have an all american at every position to win. I just gave you the past 5 winners of the ACC and for a educational challenge look up and see how many Mickey ds were on those teams.

Yeah you don’t REQUIRE all-americans to get hot and win three games in a row, it just happens that it really helps. Duke, Carolina, or both have played in every ACC final since 1997. Notre Dame won last year and had two guys who are playing in the NBA now.

And it’s probably just coincidence that of the last 20 years only 11 different teams have won national championships.

But hey, those coaches who win without talent just grow on trees.

pakfanistan
    Participant

How about Butler? Wisconsin?

Cool, Brad Stevens. One coach. Out of over 300. Yeah, they’re everywhere.

Bo Ryan, played for one championship in 14 years, went 7-5 this year and quit.

If NCAA runner up is all you want, let’s grab Paul Hewitt.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Bo Ryan was extremely successful at Wiscy.

We’re just pointing out that it can be done, that’s all.

TheCOWDOG

It most certainly CAN be done, but ya got to put the bounce-bounce in the hole…period.

From 2 or 22…doesn’t matter. These guys have gotten boatloads of good looks, from every spot on the floor and yet…

pakfanistan
    Participant

We’re just pointing out that it can be done, that’s all.

I’m not saying it can’t be done, just that it’s rare.

13OT
    Participant

All you need to do is go back to the beatdown we got in our season opener in the PNC by W&M. Outplayed, outsmarted, outcoached and outeverythinged.

That’s who this team is.

When does baseball season begin?

Wufpacker
    Participant

When does baseball season begin?

36 days, baby. Home opener in 40.
    And with all the hand wringing of late, ‘foose’s recent post might have been missed.

http://www.statefansnation.com/forums/topic/wolfpack-10-in-preseason-baseball-poll/

TheCOWDOG

Baseball!!? Oh. Ya mean when I get the chance to rip a coach?

Hell yeah! Baseball can’t get here soon enough. Avent is already in my line of sight.

mak4dpak
    Participant

While our men’s team is struggling, for those who may care, our women’s team is becoming very successful this season. Just watched a game on tv tonight, where the women win a game at Duke, where they have not won in 20 years. Way to go Wes Moore. Sure will be glad when they experience their new home in Reynolds next year.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Baseball!!? Oh. Ya mean when I get the chance to rip a coach?

Hell yeah! Baseball can’t get here soon enough. Avent is already in my line of sight.

You buy a new scope for ’16?

tjfoose1
    Participant

Paki,

wolfpack92owen thinks Amato should still be State’s football coach. Don’t waste your time engaging.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.