This Don't Look Good

Home Forums StateFans Basketball This Don't Look Good

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    ancsu87
    Participant

I told you guys he was a slimy cheating piece of crap and you kept defending him. You know who you are. Another bad decision by Yow.

Just like her piss poor decision to disassociate our program from the agent in 2012 and include the NCAA on the letter and our findings? Seems to me the NCAA here is like the FBI with the FL shooting. They were warned the guy was trouble.

Good to have you back Rick. I see you are still supporting the Pack and your fellow alumni in your unique and special way.

ancsu87
    Participant

Are there no stable geniuses in the humor department except me or does it sail right above all that sprayed blonde hair.

I am still trying to figure out how the 13 indicated Russians did anything different then Sorros funded lies and social media attacks/protestors all designed to upset and influence our democracy .. and same goes for Alt Right side with their distortation of facts, outright lies and social media fake news or 1/2 ass out of context news.

So I got what you said but see a lot of tempest over nothing

ryebread
    Participant

Let’s please drop the political commentary. That nearly killed this site not too long ago. Many of our long time posters left due to that.

Social media is a blight. Let’s just agree on that and let it go, regardless of which side of the aisle we are on (or in my instance neither side, as well as no participation in social media).

On topic, Sean Miller recruited way, way too well and was too close with Calipari. I wonder about his younger brother, though the knock on him has always been that he hasn’t been a good recruiter, and didn’t capitalize on that Elite 8 run with any type of recruiting momentum.

Regardless, we have bigger fish to fry. I think Gott will be the gift that keeps on giving, though it likely goes back much further.

ryebread
    Participant

I posted this elsewhere but will add it here:

The whole sport is a sham and has been since Sonny V. Heck it goes back further than that (UCLA) but Sonny got the shoes companies involved.

I hated the Gott hire and think he is the gift that will keep on giving for quite a while. Assistants Moxley, Early and Pierre were all known as “recruiters” which is translation for bag men. Early certainly wasn’t coaching given the lack of development by our big men. We hired Pierre and Kapita came with him. Didn’t think something was odd about that?

The only one doing any coaching on that staff was Lutz, and his recruiting was pretty weak. He got replaced by a recruiter. I said when we made that hire that we’d have been better off hiring Lutz as the head man, and I still believe that. I doubt Lutz would have ever put Gott on staff, but I think Moxley was his guy. One must remember that Lutz was fired at Charlotte and at least some part of that was missing on Beasley to K State.

Guess what? It goes further back than that. Remember Fowler’s tone deaf attempt to land Calipari? Remember how we got Archie as a player? Remember HWSNBN’s first recruiting class? Think Saint Herb just started getting wise with his choice of assistants at ASU?

Ever wonder why we weren’t more publicly vocal as a university about the UNC scandal? Ever wonder why all parties involved agreed to shift aways from all the obvious issues with benefits and instead just focus on classes? Ever wonder why we didn’t cry foul on that? It was likely because we held the moral high ground on that issue but didn’t really want benefits looked at.
    No, we’re in deep. In typical NC State fashion we cannot even do that well. If there is any solace for us it is that UNC, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Arizona, etc. (where we have been losing recruits to forever) are all clearly involved too.

This will get ugly. Hopefully the sport gets a collective reboot. If it weren’t so wide spread, public, and “Federal,” NC state would be staring the death penalty in the face. The FBI being involved is likely the best thing for NC State. If it were just a NCAA probe, we’d be getting hammered and UNC, Duke, Kansas getting off with nothing. At least the Feds blowing this open so publicly means the blues are outed.

The next up will be college football. There’s way more money there, and way more risk to personal safety, which means it is way dirtier. I have a feeling that sport may cease to exist as we know it sometime in the next 10-15 years.

revdmills75
    Participant

Just gonna leave this right here. Still wish we’d gotten the good ole alumnus or his brother to come coach for us? http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22559284/sean-miller-arizona-christian-dawkins-discussed-payment-ensure-deandre-ayton-signing-according-fbi-investigation

Wulfpack
    Participant

Gott (and staff) had unclean hands.

rthomas44
    Participant

I have not seen any evidence that State is dirty….just an ex player and plenty of evidence that Yow and administrators were trying to keep it that way.

Rick
    Keymaster

I told you guys he was a slimy cheating piece of crap and you kept defending him. You know who you are. Another bad decision by Yow.

Just like her piss poor decision to disassociate our program from the agent in 2012 and include the NCAA on the letter and our findings? Seems to me the NCAA here is like the FBI with the FL shooting. They were warned the guy was trouble.

Good to have you back Rick. I see you are still supporting the Pack and your fellow alumni in your unique and special way.

Let’s see what happens before we praise Yow.

Lol. I wanted to get rid of Gott a long time ago specifically because I was hearing this crap. So yeah, if wanting to get rid of a scummy cheating whore is a negative then I am fine with having that reputation. It’s the idiots that wanted Gott to stay that are ‘supporting the Pack in a unique way’. He is going to be a millstone around this universities neck and Yow brought him here.

StateRed44
    Participant

Everyone is dirty. You think Kentucky/Duke/UNC/NIKE and their cash cow is clean. Good heavens. Wake up people. I think it is funny they got Sean Miller on a recording though, lol. It’s always only a matter of what can be proven and what is public information.

StateRed44
    Participant

I mean hellfire. The FBI itself is dirty. Cops, teachers, lawyers, doctors, professors, preachers, Presidents, NSA, CIA etc…go on down the line. It’s the human condition. Wake up. /offrant

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

The fact that Gott was a Harrick disciple is all you needed to know.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Sean Miller’s college career is over.

StateRed44
    Participant

Good to see Miller and Arizona get busted

freshmanin83
    Participant

NCAA Mission Statement
    Mission Statement of NCAA*
    Core Ideology:
    The NCAA’s core ideology consists of two notions: core purpose – the organization’s reason for being – and core values – essential and enduring principles that guide an organization.
    Core Purpose:
    Our purpose is to govern competition in a fair, safe, equitable and sportsmanlike manner, and to integrate intercollegiate athletics into higher education so that the educational experience of the student-athlete is paramount.
    Core Values:
    The Association – through its member institutions, conferences and national office staff – shares a belief in and commitment to:
    · The collegiate model of athletics in which students participate as an avocation, balancing their academic, social and athletics experiences.
    · The highest levels of integrity and sportsmanship.
    · The pursuit of excellence in both academics and athletics.
    · The supporting role that intercollegiate athletics plays in the higher education mission and in enhancing the sense of community and strengthening the identity of member institutions.
    · An inclusive culture that fosters equitable participation for student-athletes and career opportunities for coaches and administrators from diverse backgrounds.
    · Respect for institutional autonomy and philosophical differences.
    · Presidential leadership of intercollegiate athletics at the campus, conference and national levels.

http://www.citadel.edu/root/ncaa_mission

Since they have abrogated half of their core purpose mission statement and maybe half of their core goals in deference to unx in their scandal it would make sense in this scandal to do the same with the rest of them. They can just highlight ” Respect for institutional autonomy and philosophical differences.” and ” Presidential leadership of intercollegiate athletics at the campus, conference and national levels.” come clean and just say do want you want besides everyone is doing it so it is a level playing field just keep sending us your money.

StateRed44
    Participant

The NCAA is a sham. Their mission is a sham. I’ll take it one further. The member institutions themselves are shams. Their products are shams. Anything outside of hard sciences is useless drivel. People getting hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt for what exactly? The whole thing needs to come down and is a gigantic bubble. Unsustainable.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Sean Miller’s college career is over.

I heard this morning on the radio that Miller’s contract is structured so that even if he’s fired “for cause” he’ll get 85% of his buyout. He’d still be owed $10.5 million.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2018/2/23/17047530/arizona-wildcats-basketball-firing-sean-miller-costly-money-contract-salary-fbi-ayton-wiretaps

GoldenChain
    Participant

However, I would vacate our wins from a crappy season if it meant the Cheaters lose a banner… I’d make that trade every day of the week!

I think Debbie should throw down the gauntlet and offer to vacate all our wins last year if all the other schools will vacate their wins from all the seasons implicated in the probe!!!!!!

LOL

MrPlywood
    Participant

LOL: per ESPN – “Bilas: Miller revelation is ‘career-ending.’Jay Bilas can’t imagine Sean Miller coaching in college basketball again once the FBI’s investigations are complete.” Yet his stance re: UNC is that nothing they did was against the rules.

Heelh8r
    Participant

Could someone explain this to me? How can a HS senior, or college freshman, receive tens of thousands in “loans”, and keep quiet about it? Even if it went to the family, how can ALL of them keep their mouth shut? And how can they not be spending it so that it is obvious? I just don’t understand it. It doesn’t seem possible.

ancsu87
    Participant

Let’s please drop the political commentary. That nearly killed this site not too long ago. Many of our long time posters left due to that.

Social media is a blight. Let’s just agree on that and let it go, regardless of which side of the aisle we are on (or in my instance neither side, as well as no participation in social media).

On topic, Sean Miller recruited way, way too well and was too close with Calipari. I wonder about his younger brother, though the knock on him has always been that he hasn’t been a good recruiter, and didn’t capitalize on that Elite 8 run with any type of recruiting momentum.

Regardless, we have bigger fish to fry. I think Gott will be the gift that keeps on giving, though it likely goes back much further.

I was pretty sure that was my point —> both sides use social media to distort facts and outright side.

ancsu87
    Participant

“We hired Pierre and Kapita came with him. Didn’t think something was odd about that?”

Why would anybody think that odd … I thought Larry Brown made that type of recruiting legal when he hired Danny Manning’s truck driving father to be on his staff at KU and no one thought it odd. That type of BS has been allowed to go on for decades without a peep out of the NCAA.

ancsu87
    Participant

Yes Rick would be great if we had a Miller as our coach as you wanted.

ancsu87
    Participant

I am going to take the approach of one of the coaches quoted in the Matt Norlander CBS Sports article (see below). It seems odd the slow and specific leaks that have come out of the FBI investigation (surely there are plenty of wiretaps with dirt) such that it looks to be self serving. Unfortunately I don’t think actual justice or reform will be served by FBI investigation as they are very low priorities in the grand scheme of things.

“The funny thing about this is, the NCAA is in the dark,” that same coach said.

But the FBI might be to an extent as well. One coach who spoke to CBS Sports, whose program has been in contact with the FBI, said that the investigation has not been as buttoned-up or well-rounded as some might believe.

“I look forward to the day when they’ll have to say they’ve moved on from us,” he said. “I think a lot of people have a very big misconception about this investigation about how thorough these people have been and are. That’s the only thing I’ll say. Before all this happened, if ever I would have saw anything where the FBI is involved I would have been like, ‘Oh, that person did it.’ I was one of those people. But going through it, I will forever, for the rest of my life, I will wait until more of the facts come out. I will never rush to judge on anybody because this whole thing.””

Wulfpack
    Participant

Two former N.C. State basketball coaches, including Mark Gottfried, were in contact with the associate of an NBA agent who had been disassociated from N.C. State, according to federal documents published by Yahoo Friday night. Both the agent and the associate are involved in the FBI’s investigation into corruption in college basketball.

Christian Dawkins, a former AAU basketball coach and associate who worked for sports agent Andy Miller at ASM Sports, wrote an email to Miller at 9:52 a.m. on Aug. 29, 2016, that he’d been in contact with N.C. State head coach Gottfried and assistant coach Orlando Early.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/state-now/article202019794.html

Wulfpack
    Participant

Keatts saying State wasn’t involved in any way now looks totally foolish.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.