There's Gonna Be A Showdown….

Home Forums All StateFansNation There's Gonna Be A Showdown….

Viewing 9 posts - 326 through 334 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    rthomas44
    Participant

For a dose of Archie, 5-4…12-9 , Indiana plays#3 Perdue today@ 3:30 Fox.

tractor57
    Participant

I agree with Grey in that I liked Marshall over Lowe but maybe not this go. So looks like a solid hire to hire Keats but we need a bit longer track record to be sure.

McCallum
    Participant

Good point rthomas.

My posting will be limited since I must leave the compound to post.

McCallum

Tau837
    Participant

Rewatched some highlights and had not remembered that Freeman was literally uncontested on his three point shots. I’m not sure if that says more about UNC’s lack of defense or our team learning to move the ball better. Probably both.

And once Freeman made a few of those three pointers, it opened up the drives for him, and he was very good on those, whether shooting, passing, or drawing fouls.

I’d like to believe this is a blueprint for our offense going forward.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I’m not sure if that says more about UNC’s lack of defense or our team learning to move the ball better. Probably both.

Fwiw… Keatts in the post game radio fluffer specifically made note of our passing including the extra pass which enabled our shooters to CORRECTLY set their feet for their shots…

That comes first… UN* defense or lack thereof as the case may be… comes second…

That said… I got a dollar for anybody for anybody that can make 7 of 7 from beyond the arc with no defense in front of them… Whatever AL ate for breakfast ought to mandatory going forward…

————————-

Yes… Undeniably, it was a ‘great’ victory by the underdog PACK yesterday, but perhaps become we succumb to boundless optimism and dreams of going undefeated the rest of the regular season, we ought to remember that the REMATCH with the Holes at the PNC is in 13 days…. Before that game, we play Notre Dame at home next Saturday and the Hokies in Blacksburg the following Wednesday…

Right now, I’d say… pick two out of three and be happy with that…

GO PACK!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

Bill. If only you’d made that challenge a mere decade ago.

SWISH!

MrPlywood
    Participant

the extra pass which enabled our shooters to CORRECTLY set their feet

I said that to my buddy during the game, AF’s form was on point because he got the ball in the right spot.

I especially liked the one inbound play to BB-10, which was designed to allow him to step into a straight up 3. Bingo.

That brought back memories of Scott Wood running all over the court trying to get open and ending up with an off-balance attempt with his momentum taking him away from the basket. Ugh.

Shortly after BB-10’s shot, he feeds AF for yet another three. Note the pass to BB-10. In hockey that would be a two-assist play.

But sometimes, you have to break a few caveman ankles to get your shot…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The Two Assist Goal is also credited in Women’s HS Lacrosse…
    I think we ought to put that in the Roundball book too…

Cuz… we know we’re getting old when our dreams are our memories….

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wolfmanmat
    Participant

Yea, Al setting his feet made a huge difference. Also to note was that his shot actually had some air under it. When he shoots the contested pull up 3, he tries to get it off so quick that his shot is a line drive. Didn’t have the line drive Saturday. His shots had arch since he was open.

Viewing 9 posts - 326 through 334 (of 334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.