There's Gonna Be A Showdown….

Home Forums All StateFansNation There's Gonna Be A Showdown….

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Final..
    ‘hoos – 65
    Dook – 63

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Heelh8r
    Participant

Brilliant coaching move not to show Roy the whole play book Wednesday night against Pitt

TheCOWDOG

One of life’s long lasting pleasures is making the postgame beer run in your red State cap, and running into a plethora of holes in theirs.

Funny. We all like beer, but on this day, for completely different reasons. I mean…I had a big smile on my purchase.

jay95
    Participant

MUST HAVE BEEN A GREAT GAME!! HATE I MISSED IT BUT ALWAYS GLAD TO BEAT THE CHEATERS FROM CHUMPELL HILL!!!

Class of 95

YogiNC
    Participant

CD, now THAT is funny. I’m sitting here in my favorite State shirt, drinking a cool one, waiting for smoked chicken to come off my smoker that the wife unit got me for my birthday which is next week. LIFE is GRAND. The last two meetings of State and UNX we are 2 – 0, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaa! “Is this heaven?” “No, it’s NC State! But I hope this is what heaven looks like.”

Smarter than the average bear

Fastback68
    Participant

Bill, really nice The Cowboys reference on page 2. Thanks for taking over SFN. I think the young ones grew up some more. Nice win Pack.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Cuz… I wear my ‘red’ hat and smile everyday… even on the bad days…
    ——————————–

Keatts, in six months, has done what no basketball Coach has done for NCSTATE since ’91…
    1. Trust me first and do what I tell you to do…
    2. To be crystal clear, that means “Do the things you don’t want (hate) to do…”
    3. Trust your TEAM…
    4. THEN GO DO THE THINGS YOU NEVER THOUGHT POSSIBLE !!!
    <selah>

NOW… that’s Coaching anywhere you go….

Mr. Mabe told me in the 7th grade….

“If you want to be the ‘best’ you hang around with people better than you…
    Then you ‘beat the ‘best’
    (and the beast)

Questions asked — Questions ANSWERED !!!

From down here… The Future for Wolfpack basketball is Bright!
    POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Packzingo
    Participant

Late to the Party!!!!!
    I just spent the last 7+ hours avoiding any TV, social media, calls, and text messages
    because I was “property hunting” and didn’t want to know the outcome. All I can say is HOLY SHIRT!!!
    I was hoping to keep it below a 20 point loss. Congrat’s KK on an outstanding first trip to Orange County!
    Al Freeman certainly was exceptional today, MJ and BB were steady and strong down the stretch and as a whole, I
    think the team “matured” today. So proud to support the Pack today and hope the year is just starting!!

ancsu87
    Participant

First back to back road wins in ACC since 1987. First 3-0 start on Big 4 rivals since 1974-1975 season.

My father, who still lives in my hometown and watched KK at UNC-W, told me at start of this season the one thing to watch for was that his Seahawks team never quit and that he makes in game adjustments like JV used to do. Turns out he was right … KK is the real deal.

The UNCG game is the only true WTF game and there was some reasons for that loss that are understandable.

ancsu87
    Participant

My favorite band.

You’ve probably seen the Hyde Park performance, it’s worth another look – and not just for the violinist…

<span class=”embed-youtube” style=”text-align:center; display: block;”>[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMY5xe36cfE?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&autohide=2&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&start=162&wmode=transparent&w=640&h=390%5D</span&gt;

Thanks for the awesome video! Love ELO.

choppack1
    Participant

Yes. He has been pushing the right buttons.

And from everything I can tell, he would be fun to play for and you would want your son to play for him.

And great point about the heart, our guys have withstood pressure at the end the last 3 games.

GoldenChain
    Participant

unx loses 2 in row to unranked teams. They will probably drop to like 12th next week…..

Oh and BTW our women beat their woman in xh last week too, 66-53.

McCallum
    Participant

I’ve been catching hell trying to get on the website the last few weeks. I have two things to say:

1) never use roll on deodorants

2) GO TO HELL carolina

McCallum

redwolf87
    Participant

Channeling some CC Harrison today. Earned his scholarship, a year’s use of a rental Escolade, a .45 and some blow. Wait. Wrong team.

Blew it out my nose on that one.

Mea culpa coming on another thread.

ryebread
    Participant

Great win today. I said before the game that I didn’t care what the outcome was because I knew the trajectory of the program. Beating UNC at UNC is NC state’s toughest game (well, that or the ACC tournament championship game). To go and get one today just suggests the progress is coming quicker than I expected.

Great game by Freeman, Markell, Yurt, DORN (stat stuffer), Beverly, etc.. Nice game management by Keatts. I thought we might get jobbed after the initial OT play, but we pushed through. Freeman had ice in his veins and Markell made some clutch plays down the stretch. High 5s all around.

As for the big picture, this road win will help out tournament profile. I still think if we can get to 9-9, we are a solid bubble team even with the non-conference schedule and the N. Iowa loss. Just keep grinding guys!

albunde55
    Participant

This my formal apology for being on the “Archie + Wichita State” team. 3 wins against top 10 teams was an impossible expectation for this team. I would have bet the house against this success, just another reason why I don’t gamble. Congratulations to this team and coach. Go Pack!

ryebread
    Participant

Al: I was on the Archie #1, but liked Keatts way more than any of the other names in play. I felt like we were locked in with Leatts early and I liked that we used our early position to get our coach within 24 hours of his tournament run being over. The fact that we did it before Archie was out was a clear indication it wasn’t Archie. I was mad for 15 minutes that it wasn’t Archie, but then was very happy it was Keatts.

Archie is doing well at IU. I think he is a great coach. I think we got a coach that fit the style of play that our fans want to see. Deep down I knew then (and I still feel) that we probably hired the best match for what we needed.

freshmanin83
    Participant

One site has us at rpi 59 now.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Let’s go roll some trees down on Hillsborough.. at the Square….maybe see some young American breasts…

Gowolves
    Participant

This my formal apology for being on the “Archie + Wichita State” team. 3 wins against top 10 teams was an impossible expectation for this team. I would have bet the house against this success, just another reason why I don’t gamble. Congratulations to this team and coach. Go Pack!

Al: I was on the Archie #1, but liked Keatts way more than any of the other names in play. I felt like we were locked in with Leatts early and I liked that we used our early position to get our coach within 24 hours of his tournament run being over. The fact that we did it before Archie was out was a clear indication it wasn’t Archie. I was mad for 15 minutes that it wasn’t Archie, but then was very happy it was Keatts.

Archie is doing well at IU. I think he is a great coach. I think we got a coach that fit the style of play that our fans want to see. Deep down I knew then (and I still feel) that we probably hired the best match for what we needed.

There a few mods who stomped their feet away from the site because of this hire. They know who they are and why.

McCallum
    Participant

State was and is still a bunch of cheap basta.rds the way they treated Gregg Marshall.

McCallum

rthomas44
    Participant

MC, I don’t know what you are talking about… maybe you do. I would like to hear it, but the label of cheap is State’s heritage. The claim of false lineage is questioned.

Texpack
    Participant

State was and is still a bunch of cheap basta.rds the way they treated Gregg Marshall.

McCallum

Marshall is finding the AAC pretty challenging so the jury is still out on him in terms of being a very good major college coach.

ryebread
    Participant

I liked Keatts more than breaking the bank on Marshall. I like that even more given what has transpired over the last 10 months. I also prefer Keatts’ style of play.

I like Marshall as a coach. I just like him more when we hired Sid (as opposed to Sid) than if we’d have made him one of the highest paid coaches in the game this past offseason. I also think that to hire Marshall at this point is trying to out Bennett UVA. I’m not sure that is a wise path. Better to out talent them, spread them out, speed them up.

I miss some of the mods that left. Hopefully they are on a break as opposed to permanently done. I was upset it wasn’t Archie, but it clearly wasn’t what he wanted and he had signaled that early. That is why we moved so aggressively. I was fine with it that. Yow got burned once by waiting around, and if we hadn’t have moved, Keatts would have been at Illinois.

Greywolf
    Participant

1) never use roll on deodorants

I asked for some of that ball variety deodorant once but all they had was under-arm.

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.