There's Gonna Be A Showdown….

Home Forums All StateFansNation There's Gonna Be A Showdown….

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

High Noon in the Dome tomorrow. It’s the first game of the two PutUP-or-ShutUP… No-Holds-Barred – Texas-Death-Match Showdowns this season.

Looking back…

I’ve lived 53 of my 63 years in North Carolina — 43 of those less than an hour from both campuses… Plenty of family and friends on both sides…

Everything that needs to be said about that, has already said… It’s really pretty simple. For ALL the reasons, both right and wrong, everybody wants to win this one badly.
    ———————————–

So looking forward…

In a season, where unpredictability has been the theme all across the P5, and especially among the Top 25… we find both teams curiously have several things in common…

1. High highs and low lows and not a lot of consistency in between…

2. Weak Inside Play… With the exception of Yurt7 who has really come into his own the last month…

The way we see it…. May and Yurt7 are gonna get theirs…

3. Hot or Cold Outside shooting…
    The Holes fans are saying… So goes Berry, so goes the Heels…
    We could say the same regarding Markell, Batts, Beverly and ALL-erik…

4. That combination puts a lot focus on the guys in between…
    Pinson for the Holes…
    Lenard and Dorn for the Pack…

5. And the pressure…
    The PACK is gonna bring the red heat on the Court…
    The Home Crowd will bring the blue heat from the bleachers…

The Holes have been inconsistent is pressure situations this season…
    The PACK has consistently been strong the last four to eight minutes of close games against quality teams…

6. All of which… leaves the Coaching factor…

In what may be tomorrow’s version of David and Goliath… Uncle Roy has already taken the first verbal shot… subtly letting the rookie State Coach know — albeit with some of the grace and courtesy that only comes with age — he’s (Uncle Roy) defending his honor tomorrow…

Keatts has been full of positive surprises from the bench all season… we’ll just have to wait and see what he’s got up his sleeve for tomorrow…

We don’t think Keatts will underestimate the opportunity…. While those trips to Lexington with the Cardinals should prove useful…our only question is…

“In the ‘biggest game’ as a Head Coach… “Can Keatts handle the room on his first visit?”

The Ghosts on the South Smoking Porch will be up all night tonite, conjuring up their WooWoo && MOJO… The official word from Cates Avenue is… “We’re cautiously op·ti·mis·tic…”

GO PACK!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    44rules
    Participant

So Bill, if everything that needs to be said has been said, why say so much?!

Just kidding! Thanks for trying to keep this blog going now that many nonbelievers have left. I, for one, fear we’re doomed in the Dome tomorrow. Hope I’m wrong.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

maverick_ncsu
    Participant

What did Roy say?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

NP… I was referring to ‘past’, not the game tomorrow…

speaking of the future…
    fwiw… Last night’s Pitt game thread had the highest same day thread count of any roundball game thread this season…
    lot of ‘new guys’ hanging around && remember, for every 1 that posted — there’s another 5-10 reading and smiling — the silent PACK…

so… SFN ain’t dead — the patient has a steady heartbeat and good vital signs….

Keatts is making believers one at a time…

GO PACK!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

A double shot aimed at Keatts and the Whine&Cheese crowd….
    invoking memories of The Nose…

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/video/17290537/

I wish we has us a Dan Wells – Avie Lester – Richard Howell king of guy on our bench who could go in early and trade out some fouls and put some Holes out…

GO PACK!

Texpack
    Participant

If a Gott coached team can hold the cheaters to the lowest point total in the history of the dome then anything is possible tomorrow, including a Wolfpack victory. The hate grows bigger every year they continue unpunished for the most egregious cheating in the history of college athletics. I give us a 6.592% chance to win tomorrow.

POP!!

tractor57
    Participant

Given the ‘Pack’s tendency to play up or down to the competition this year the game could be quite interesting.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

CC Harrison and Archie Miller highlights in the Dean Dome

freshmanin83
    Participant

Showdown, throwdown, maybe a hoedown.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Markell has been around long enough to absorb some of the rivalry I am looking for him to have a break out scoring game soon hopefully this one.

44rules
    Participant

I remember when Ishua Benjamin and C.C. Harrison were going to lead us back to the promised land. We could use a shooter like C.C. tomorrow.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Markell has been around long enough to absorb some of the rivalry

Plus 1 — Lenard…
    Plus 2 — Abu…

GO PACK!

GoldenChain
    Participant

Well we seem to get our wins at the strangest times. A Les Robinson team that couldn’t even inbound a ball and had DII players on it went over there and beat them by 20! A Sid Lowe team went in there and did the same, so who knows. Win big or loss big I won’t be surprised.

Pack78
    Participant

ELO said it:

rthomas44
    Participant

This game could, yes I said could, show some of doubters what a find Keatts really is. Winning in the hole house is not exactly easy. Watch for a respectable game with the outcome in doubt until the end.

Texpack
    Participant

ELO said it:

<span class=”embed-youtube” style=”text-align:center; display: block;”>[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t08RN2yPJik?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&autohide=2&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent&w=640&h=390%5D</span&gt;

I was going to post that before I saw your post.

My favorite band.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Considering that I had to be alerted at halftime of the Dook game, the superstitious part of me says I should “watch” the game the same way tomorrow. Whatcha gonna do KK? I say feed Y7 early and often. Prop bets on how long it takes for him to get 2 fouls?

re:

My favorite band.

You’ve probably seen the Hyde Park performance, it’s worth another look – and not just for the violinist…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Time to starting turning the heat up…

Who wants to Lead some sheep?

You got to learn the rules… and then… how and when to break ’em…

GoldenChain
    Participant

Considering that I had to be alerted at halftime of the Dook game, the superstitious part of me says I should “watch” the game the same way tomorrow. Whatcha gonna do KK? I say feed Y7 early and often. Prop bets on how long it takes for him to get 2 fouls?

re:

My favorite band.

You’ve probably seen the Hyde Park performance, it’s worth another look – and not just for the violinist…

<span class=”embed-youtube” style=”text-align:center; display: block;”>[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMY5xe36cfE?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&autohide=2&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&start=162&wmode=transparent&w=640&h=390%5D</span&gt;

Not the same as Marshall Tucker’s Blue Shy but at least he’s playing a Gibson Les Paul!

GoldenChain
    Participant

Nevermind…..

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The Ghosts are gathering for the Storm….

POP!!!

rthomas44
    Participant

Mr. Bill…try to stay semi-calm until tomorrow. Remember Gott lost it by 51 last year.. should have been fired before the sun set.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

All of ya’ll know you want this one, as bad as I do….

and any way it goes, the sun come up Sunday morning….
    <selah>

POP!!!

Fastback68
    Participant

I would run the Gott double screen and let Yurt attempt 20 3 pointers if the inside game bogs down. By the way, Yurt is starting to look TJ Warren smooth with an efficient shot motion. Like the net doesn’t even move ala Chuckie Brown.

ryebread
    Participant

emember Gott lost it by 51 last year.. should have been fired before the sun set.

I agree that he should have been fired immediately. He did it with a NBA lottery player at college basketball’s most important position. That is one of the biggest eggs we have ever laid, and it wasn’t the least bit softened by the fact that UNC won the NCAA tournament at the end of the season. Last year was about as dark a year as I can remember for NC State basketball. I’m so glad that Gott is gone.

As my friend Paki said today, it is a tall order to go into the Nose Dome and win. I give us about a 10% chance at winning tomorrow. Paki suggested that the stats pundits have us about 12%. I’m not expecting a win, though I’d love one.

What I am looking for is whether the Pack are ready for the moment. Too many times we’ve gone in there, faced early adversity and just folded. Uncle Roy has known for years (HWSNBN, Sid and Gott) that if they jumped us in the first four minutes, they could cruise. At the same time, if we survived it, we were going to be in it to the end. We’ll see what happens in that crucial period tomorrow.

A lot of it will depend on how the game is officiated. If Yurt gets two quick ones, my suggestion would be to cut the TV off.

Win or lose, regardless of the margin, it doesn’t really change my opinion of Keatts. I’ve already seen enough improvement this year to know where we are headed. It’s just a matter of how long it takes.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.