State/Dook Ice Prison Game Thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball State/Dook Ice Prison Game Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 306 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Keymaster

Rick, do you want Gottfried fired ASAP?

No way to fire him now. Nor do I want Yow performing another coaching search.

But I think there is virtually zero chance Gott ever wins anything here and I see a concerning downward trend. I think we are in limbo for a long while. I had some hope before Bam ditched us.

Why do you feel the need to criticize anyone who sees bad play and comments on the fact it is bad?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

So you’re saying in your ideal world you’d like Yow fired and Gott fired ASAP?

edit: lol one bad season out of 5 is not a downward trend. A trend typically is comprised of multiple data points.

TheCOWDOG

Why do you feel the need to expose your weakness, Ricky?

Damn, boy.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Nor do I want Yow performing another coaching search.

Football search was pretty painless, but I couldn’t stand another basketball coaching search. Her’s was nearly as painful as Fowlup’s.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

lol look at CD trolling!!! that’s my job, buddy!

tjfoose1
    Participant

The first basketball coaching search was purposely sabotaged by outside forces. I think the motivating bitterness behind such had subsided.

Radman
    Participant

I get the impression that you Gott haters will be crying yourselves to sleep next season when we’re back in the tourney.

Actually Alias, I hope Gottfried wins multiple ACC and NCAA championships and is here for many, many years.

I hate seeing the term “hater” thrown around anytime there is a difference of opinion.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

(Mr. Dog said…) I may be biased, but Barber is the personification of player development.

(to which Troll replied… )

+1 and it’s not even debatable.

… and so was …

Richard Howell
    CJ / Calvin Leslie
    Tony “Cuz” Warren

and more than few others in the last four years…

I’m trying to think of one player under GOTT & Company who stayed two years and went “backwards”…

Not coming up with anything, except maybe T.Lewis…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    tjfoose1
    Participant

Bitter obliviousness covers it way before need enters into the mix.

tjfoose1
    Participant

WBS improved a great deal, especially when injuries gave him the opportunity for lots of playing time.

choppack1
    Participant

Gott has earned a mulligan. The man can coach, the question is can he build. I think he needs to play more guys to keep his players more happy, if we busted our ass on d, that would cater to it…

He can prepare a team and he can bag an elephant… But he’s competing against the best big game hunters to bag more…he needs to improve the roster building and talent acquisition and development areas…if we a going to get what we all want.

I was pleased with the effort today. I like that gott can identify guys who can carry a team. I was hoping this would be a breakthrough year, maybe next year… We will have some ballers. Hopefully we can keep our bigs.

Rick
    Keymaster

I get the impression that you Gott haters will be crying yourselves to sleep next season when we’re back in the tourney.

Sign. Yes there people who want to win a championship would cry if we actually won one. I think you need to take the advice you gave wiz

choppack1
    Participant

I believe the great players will develop himself, I do think Howell took a huge step forward, lacy was a much better player for us than for bama.

My biggest gripe has been he doesn’t play enough guys and doesn’t sign enough of them. At the end of the day though, that’s just an opinion…. All that matters are the end results. And making tourney 4 of 5 years is solid any way you cut it for NC state.

Next year and potentially the next will tell us a lot.

Rick
    Keymaster

The first basketball coaching search was purposely sabotaged by outside forces. I think the motivating bitterness behind such had subsided.

Heavens. Someone has the tin foil hat on this evening

Rick
    Keymaster

Actually Alias, I hope Gottfried wins multiple ACC and NCAA championships and is here for many, many years.

I hate seeing the term “hater” thrown around anytime there is a difference of opinion.

It is rather juvenile but I have come to expect it. Some cannot handle differing opinions.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

We could lose in the final 4 next year and we’d hear the pissing and moaning. It’s just how some folks are programmed.

Some folks it seems expect a NC every single year of tenure or your ass is shown the door.

Rick
    Keymaster

We could lose in the final 4 next year and we’d hear the pissing and moaning. It’s just how some folks are programmed.

Some folks it seems expect a NC every single year of tenure or your ass is shown the door.

So it’s straw man time.

I guess you are one of those programmed like that seeing how you are pissing and moaning more than anyone. Just about something different which seems to be ok in your world.

Radman
    Participant

Good post chop. Pretty much sums up my opinion. I would like an occasional championship.

Rick
    Keymaster

Good post chop. Pretty much sums up my opinion. I would like an occasional championship.

You will be thrilled with the four tourney berths and shut up. It is the pinnacle of success.

Wulfpack
    Participant

1) Stop with the “Gott hater” garbage. We all want NC State to be successful.

2) Very debateable whether we are a tourney team next year. We may actually be worse off. So much has to happen. Who leaves/stays? Way to early to have any indication one way or the other. The other factor way too many ignore is other teams improve, too. Heck look at Clemson and Va Tech this year. Wake is coming around the corner.

3) It is NOT just about making tourneys. That’s kind of the whole point of the debate.

Look, Gott has done a fine job here – outside of this season. This season is bad, and that IS on him in year 5. He does absoluetely have flaws. And some see the beginnings of a sinking ship. Time will tell. We’ll see.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

A sinking ship?! lmao.. A sinking ship? Come on man. And the verbiage “Gott Hater” is more than justified for the crap we have to read around here whenever State doesn’t win a game by 20+.

I expect a full on apology from many this time next year, but I’m sure that won’t happen unless we’re undefeated and win each game by 50.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Heavens. Someone has the tin foil hat on this evening

Yes. That has to be it. It couldn’t possibly be someone knows more than you regarding not so public knowledge.

Wulfpack
    Participant

A sinking ship?! lmao.. A sinking ship?

1-6. That’s his record, and it’s only going to get worse.

His ship certainly sunk at Bama.

We’re going to lose our best player, and will be starting a freshman point guard next year. Sure, we might be ok. It’s also entirely possible we won’t be.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, the conversation has dropped down to monkey board standards. It’s time for entries to start disappearing.

Address the post and not the poster.

Wufpacker
    Participant

George and Tamsen Donner approve of this thread +1

(actually….did you know that George and Tamsen Donner resisted the urge to cannablism longer than most of their counterparts that winter? Even as George lie dying, it wasn’t until their children were on death’s door did they succumb to the necessity of the situation. Yet other members of their party not only gave in, but murdered their native american guides in order to consume their flesh.

The more you know….)

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 306 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.