State/Dook Ice Prison Game Thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball State/Dook Ice Prison Game Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 306 total)
  • Author
    MrPlywood
    Participant

But I can’t take the heart ache anymore this year.

Meanwhile, the team is still fighting. SMDH.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

“Upset” in a joking sense in that my ominous prediction was incorrect lol. That’s all.

travelwolf
    Participant

Cat’s clearly hurt – not playing like a cat anymore. Not sure about the Martin twin that rolled his ankle. I’m surprised that the “insightful” commentators aren’t doing their job.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Bah humbug.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

This loss is ALL on GOTT. Poor in game coaching. It was obvious Dook was leaving our big open top of lane. When we were aggressive there, like feed ball to Abu we scored and dominated. Once we started jacking up 3’s instead of pounding the middle, Dook went on a run and game over. Good effort…poor coaching.

Fire Gott, Hire BassPacker! He’s got the plan to lead us to glory!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

But it’s literally killing me.

In all your wisdom and perspective, I’m not sure that you understand the definition of “literally”.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

You’ve earned your name. Clearly I was being “ironical.”

Btw, RIP Robin Williams.

MrPlywood
    Participant

A tale of 2 halves. State out-Dooked Dook in the 1st, with crisp passing, excellent outside-in game, nice shooting (with some “fortunate” makes) and played with lots of confidence. In the 2nd, Dook reset, and took it to the Pack while shooting 70% at one point, State reverted to old habits and then it was too late.

Cat as always played his ass off.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

On paper…. We played over our heads again today…

three weeks ago… this team would have been blown out by 30….

If you are complaining about what you’re seeing on the court…
    you either a troll, an idiot or just know know what you’re looking at…

unless you’re a paid Basketball Coach somewhere…

GOTT to stir the stew….

Ready to eat in one hour…
    If Ya’ll are coming bring your own beer.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

We gave up 52 points in the second half, to a team that goes 6 deep. For as impressed I was with our play in the first half, I’m equally disappointed in the play in the second half.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

We’ve been playing 6-7 deep ALL season. As expected that’s starting to take a toll. Cat and one of the Martin twins clearly got injuries during this game. Honestly the way we battled is in fact a moral victory for this team. I know that doesn’t go far with most fans, but we played over our heads today for sure. The improvement on the court for this team throughout the season is CLEARLY evident. Damn shame Trevor decided to leave the program last year and our transfer got hurt 7 minutes into the season or we’d easily be top #20 team with a very high ceiling. It is what it is. Be real about it though and try to have some perspective.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Duke isn’t the Duke of old, especially not with Jefferson out. They’ll be lucky to finish in the top 6 of the league this year. Now they were indeed super hungry today, and played a tremendous second half. But we fed it. And we refused to guard. You can’t have those lapses and expect to win. And no, the moral victories garbage is garbage. Not in year five. Nope.

travelwolf
    Participant

Troll, Sound perspective… Not sure about a top 20 team, but definitely an NCAA Team.

We really have to get it inside more – more so that those guys develop offensive moves for next year. I don’t see us having much of a future this year. Every coach has a bad year now and then – except if they have the cupboard loaded all the time. Even Coach K is having a bad year – and he’s got way more talent than we do. I mean, way way more stars!

Radman
    Participant

The kids play hard. They are just out manned. Need more quantity and quality.

wolfpack90
    Participant

well another loss but we played hard!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

funny this thread is 8 pages going on 9 and the best game of the season on the road against Pitt only reached 3 pages. If that ain’t telling!

etab4u
    Participant

I agree with Plywood, a tale of two halves – as much for Duke as for us. I am encouraged by our effort and at times improved ball movement. Our bigs were unselfish in the first half but we fell into old habits and shots didn’t fall in the second. Credit K for switching up defenses and throwing us off our game. Their fast start coming out of halftime shook our confidence. We never recovered.
    Wednesday’s game will help tell us how dire things are. A win vs GA Tech doesn’t mean anything but a loss…

PackofMac
    Participant

Nothing about todays game had anything to do with Gott’s coaching abilities. We tried zone, man…none of it mattered because Grayson Allen is an absolute beast with the ball. The second half Duke showed us all how to execute against the zone with surgical precision. That’s not coaching, it’s 5 star athletes doing what they do. Anya’s hands are about as soft as the snow packed road I’m staring at. Duke shot almost 80% second half, we competed great to only lose by 10.

Rick
    Keymaster

funny this thread is 8 pages going on 9 and the best game of the season on the road against Pitt only reached 3 pages. If that ain’t telling!

You complain about the ‘bad fans’ more than they complain about the bad coaching.

Rick
    Keymaster

Nothing about todays game had anything to do with Gott’s coaching abilities. We tried zone, man…none of it mattered because Grayson Allen is an absolute beast with the ball. The second half Duke showed us all how to execute against the zone with surgical precision. That’s not coaching.

Coaching includes recruiting developing and retaining players.

TheCOWDOG

I may be biased, but Barber is the personification of player development.

It’s what you do when ya want it…On yer own…stuff that doesn’t happen in the limited time constructs of “team” practice.

I generally dismiss people harping on a coach about “player development,” because it begins and ends with the player himself. Barber arrived with a switchblade in his sock..,little sh#t is carrying a cannon in his jock, now.

Rick
    Keymaster

It’s what you do when ya want it…On yer own…stuff that doesn’t happen in the limited time constructs of “team” practice.

I generally dismiss people harping on a coach about “player development,” because it begins and ends with the player himself. Barber arrived with a switchblade in his sock..,little sh#t is carrying a cannon in his jock, now.

You dismiss someone who disagrees with you?

Color me shocked

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Rick, do you want Gottfried fired ASAP?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

+1 and it’s not even debatable.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I get the impression that you Gott haters will be crying yourselves to sleep next season when we’re back in the tourney.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 306 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.