02/24/2015 at 9:58 PM #75685StateFansKeymaster
By my count, UNC is now 1-3 since Dean Smith passed away. That sure is counter to what we have all grown to expect through the years. We all know that
[See the full post at: State wins in Chapel Hill! Has Dean Smith’s pact with the devil expired?]02/24/2015 at 10:08 PM #75708
I have been saying this for 25 years.
Someone sold their soul for the folly of earthly glory and now the bill is to be paid.
SUCK IT heals.
In loving memory of Kirk Luchman (chokeman so said el deano)
McCallum02/24/2015 at 10:10 PM #75711SpikeParticipant
Come on. This was in poor taste. I’m extremely happy the Pack kicked some butt tonight but this was unnecessary.02/24/2015 at 10:10 PM #75712mak4dpakParticipant
I still say, the coach never had a problem. The guys just had to show up. Great win for the Coach and his team. In the Dean dome of all places. No smack talk from tarheel fans tomorrow. Go Pack!02/24/2015 at 10:11 PM #75715
Bring out your dead.
McCallum02/24/2015 at 10:11 PM #7571802/24/2015 at 10:15 PM #75725
Just think back to all the lectures on how some people are without sin, wrong doing or cheating.
McCallum02/24/2015 at 10:15 PM #75726Sweet jumperParticipant
Very proud of Lacey for not pulling a Ty Lawson and dunking on the last possession when we already had their asses whipped. Too much class. The Wolfpack way. I wish our 50 fans had stormed the court though:)02/24/2015 at 10:19 PM #75729StateFansKeymaster
Chill out everyone.02/24/2015 at 10:23 PM #75736PackFamilyParticipant
Guys, i love this site. This headline is bad. It doesn’t reflect well on an otherwise great site with excellent writing and analysis.02/24/2015 at 10:23 PM #75739PackFamilyParticipant
Good call.02/24/2015 at 10:25 PM #75741wufpup76Keymaster
Wow! Pulling no punches 🙂02/24/2015 at 10:33 PM #75750hdhntr91Participant
CAT!!! CAT!!! CAT!!! Fantastic, heads up, hustle, defense…joy to watch.02/24/2015 at 10:35 PM #75751apollocreedParticipant
This post needs to be taken down. We’re better than that.02/24/2015 at 10:36 PM #75754gcncsu12Participant
i wish lacey would have boomed it at the end and then punted the ball into the stands….. F it02/24/2015 at 10:43 PM #75759RTPMedicParticipant
…and, yes..you do punctuate that win with a vicious dunk. It’s UNX, not Campbell.02/24/2015 at 10:49 PM #75763lumbee wolfmanParticipant
Dean Smith’s pact with African-American studies has expired (so has Roy Williams). Balancing minimal education standards (not zero educational standards) is a lot tougher than expected (bastitball practice time has been cut by 2/3 & no more Swahili communication on the court).
Mary Willingham’s book comes out March 15, 2015!!!02/24/2015 at 10:54 PM #75767rnelly71Participant
I’m so pumped we beat UNCheat and hate them just as much as the next guy. BUT C’MON MAN that was completely out of line. We don’t need to take cheap shots like that. Don’t let your excitement get the better of common sense/decency, there is a family still grieving over the loss of their father/grandfather and to make light of (dare I say celebrate?) his death is utterly classless. I sincerely hope you decide to edit that nonsense out of this post, if for no other reason to show which University actually has some class.
All that said… GO TO HELL CAROLINA!!!!!!!02/24/2015 at 10:57 PM #75771jrummyParticipant
Has Dean Smith’s Pact with the Devil Expired?
I’ve been a reader for years (and am an NCSU alumnus) who over the last few years has noticed the sharp change from quality reporting to a focus on nothing but UNC bashing yet have continued reading for the occasional insight that occurs. Today that changes. This post demonstrates that it isn’t about State, but rather on petty rivalry and childish battles. State played a heck of a game tonight and we should be proud of them. Dean Smith was one of the greatest coaches of all time and should be honored for his contributions to humanity. To disrespect him in this way just because our team had a good night is despicable. My association with this blog is hereby ended.
[Edit: grammar]02/24/2015 at 10:58 PM #75773PackFanParticipant
Lacey not dunking: very classy. This article: not so classy. Just my opinion.02/24/2015 at 11:07 PM #75784RedReidParticipant
Not so classy02/24/2015 at 11:08 PM #75786MBSParticipant
With humor, timing is everything. This is ill-timed. Too soon for sure.
I love this site, but this comes at the wrong time.02/24/2015 at 11:11 PM #75788xphoenix87Moderator
Just awesome, absolutely awesome. I never would have believed a few weeks ago that this team could win, on the road, by 9 and 12 over Louisville and Carolina. The defensive turnaround has been astounding.
– Our bigs have been much more aggressive against pick and rolls over the past 3 games. You started seeing it with Freeman in particular in the Louisville game, and all the bigs were doing it this game. It’s a much-needed change in defensive strategy, and it’s worked really well to contain ball handlers and put more pressure on opposing offenses.
– Game ball to Beejay Anya. He owned the paint tonight. 6 blocks, only 1 foul, and countless altered shots. The only time Carolina got easy buckets was on the break, or when Beejay was on the bench. Completely dominant against a really good offensive frontcourt.
– Cat Barber played with great pace and patience, and refused to force the issue and let the game get up tempo. He’s become really great at dancing in the free throw line area and probing the defense, but not committing unless he knows he has something.
– As far as I’m concerned, we can glue Kyle Washington to the bench for the rest of the season unless he improves his focus on defense and his decision-making on offense. He’s a distant 4th in the big man rotation for me.
– J.P. Tokoto is an awesome defender, just super, super good. He didn’t give Trevor Lacey an inch of daylight all game.
-This team, playing this defense, can play with any non-Kentucky team in the country. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen such a turnaround in competence from a team. Lets hope they keep it up.02/24/2015 at 11:13 PM #75789fullmoon1Participant
After enduring a lifetime of jeers, taunts and insults from the arrogant heels they deserve every bit of criticism and shaming they get. It’s not too soon.02/24/2015 at 11:13 PM #7579044rulesParticipant
Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong
- The topic ‘State wins in Chapel Hill! Has Dean Smith’s pact with the devil expired?’ is closed to new replies.