State 87, (2) Duke 75

Home Forums All StateFansNation State 87, (2) Duke 75

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Master
    Participant

I really like the fact that Coach has confidence in Dez to finish the game. His minutes may be down, but he looks indispensable at the end of the game. Shoots well from the free throw line and takes care of the ball. Those two jams at the end of the game were huge and allowed the crowd to really exhale in relief and celebration. Great game Dez – keep it up!

Adventuroo
    Participant

Bill.onthebeach, et. al.

YES, I did notice that Gottfried had on a white shirt. I also check that out….whether at the PNC or watching at home.

YES, I did send out a note to the appropriate individuals congratulating Gottfried on his choice of shirt color and the resulting victory.

I was also pleased to see that Des got PT. I agree that he is a defensive terror and keeps the “energy level” up and hope he gets more PT.

CAT is still a WIP, sometimes a very SPOOKY one. However, Gottfried and his brain trust are paid millions to see this….and maybe they have some experience and insight that we, mere mortals, do not.

I did not see Twin 1 on the floor….and I was THERE and the folks in my section also noted that Twin 2 came in.

Twin 2 did an outstanding job. BJ (the POG) noted that and said that he told Cody that his contributions today were one of the major reasons for the victory. BJ is very eloquent also and has a good grasp of the game and made some “coach like” comments.

On to UNC….go PACK

redisgood
    Participant

I think it’s the same twin. Sometimes he wears 14, and sometimes he wears 15. Gott does that to keep the parents happy.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

‘Roo..

Good job… you’re now VP-Shirts and Wardrobes… keep up the good work, sir…

Help me out with “WIP”… ???

ESPN boxscore had “the other Twin” with 2 minutes PT and 0 pts…
    Could have been a typo…

I wondered if the Twins changed jerseys to muck with Coach Rat….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Fastback68
    Participant

Off topic question for Adventuroo. I remember a line from one of your posts going back a few months. I played in the intramural fb/bb leagues back in the day. If that sounds like a boast it is not, as I was mired in the C division. Anyway, I went out on the FB field and the opposing team comes out wearing cowboy boots. I was like, WTF! Two months later on the BB court, an even bigger WTF when the opposing team walks on wearing cowboy boots and jeans.

My question, what was your time in the 40 and what was your vertical leap while playing FB and BB in cowboy boots for FARMHOUSE!!!!!

4in12
    Participant

WIP = work in progress

ryebread
    Participant

I couldn’t see the game due to a family emergency. I liked the results though. Congrats to the Pack!

How we play against UNC will tell us far more than beating Duke. For years we’ve had one nice home upset win and have never been able to follow up on it or build on it. We always think we’ve turned the corner, only to have reality stare us in the face.

We really need to beat UNC on Wednesday. If we could go 2 out of 3 with this stretch, and get to 4-1 in the ACC, then we’d be in good shape with two top line wins. Lose to UNC and the discussion changes to us pulling an upset against Duke.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

thanks 4in12 = 3

They are all WIPs … not be to confused with WImPs …

The thing that has changed the most in college basketball since I’ve been watching is this is now a
    “Player Development and Team Building Business”…

Coaches today have just 1/2 to 1 1/2 seasons to do what old school guys like Valvano, Sloan and Case had 3 -4 or 5 seasons to do…

Here today and gone tomorrow…

Get some kids…
    Build a Team…
    Repeat next season …

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wolfpackjack76
    Participant

Definitely not wanting to step on any toes here because certainly we’re on the same team. This is just an FYI:

As a father of two children born at the same time (actually 28 minutes apart–one natural, one C-section) I am very aware that “twins” are usually very sensitive to the fact that they are indeed their very own different and distinct persons. Perhaps it would be more respectful of them as valued individuals of Wolfpack Nation for us to avoid the “twin 1” and “twin 2” labeling. Just study their appearance (yes, mine were supposedly identical…but not), their movement, their personality and if that all fails…Caleb and Cody did do us a favor by not having the same number.

Go Pack and let’s beat some tar hole butt!!!

ryebread
    Participant

I’m with you Wolfpackjack76. I don’t like some of the nicknames on here.

As for the Martins and the jersey joke, I think it’s already played out. I don’t need a jersey # to tell them apart. Their games are completely different, and their movements are actually different. Cody’s been coming on strong the last few games.

mak4dpak
    Participant

So what is up with the tarheels ragging duke over their loss to us? Hate them holes. We just gotta whip them Wednesday, plus let the devils get their day to talk smack back to the holes. Go Pack!

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.