Show Us Where the Bad Howard's Rock Touched You Game Thread

Home Forums StateFans Football Show Us Where the Bad Howard's Rock Touched You Game Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 317 total)
  • Author
    YogiNC
    Participant

We would be 6 – 0 if we had a freaking KICKER! I’m 62 and I can still kick better than that!!!

Smarter than the average bear

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

Proud of the way the kids played and the game plan set forth by the coaching staff. Definitely confused at why we didn’t try to score a touchdown in regulation. Whatever I guess. We will see what type of testicular fortitude we have next week against Louisville. Forget it and move forward trying to win the next one. Go Pack!

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Yogi for kicker….How does Bambard get, or rather, keep a scholly? I’m a Cat 4 in my den right now…watch the right quadrant..

WolfBlood86
    Participant

Well I’m proud of 99% of the team!

WolfBlood86
    Participant

Proud of the way the kids played and the game plan set forth by the coaching staff. Definitely confused at why we didn’t try to score a touchdown in regulation. Whatever I guess. We will see what type of testicular fortitude we have next week against Louisville. Forget it and move forward trying to win the next one. Go Pack!

I would argue we did at least try to score a TD then Finley got sacked. We could have tried harder but we did try a take a shot.

AlphaMale19@6
    Participant

Pack Football balled their as*es off! Clemson didn’t take us for granted and struggled! As a father of a college athlete, it’s hard to remember Bambard is what 20? It sucks we lost, but dem boys balled hard!! Yogi…breath, breath.

TheCOWDOG

No words here, so I’ll let Samuel Taylor Coleridge speak on my behalf.

” Water, water, everywhere, and all the boards did shrink.
    Water, water, everywhere and nor a drop to drink.”

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Yes, the team balled their butts off, and earned a huge signature victory until one player, given a great snap and hold, could not do his job. Even with the hold at 33 yards and between the hashes, he wasn’t even close.. Who has confidence in him going forward? When he missed it, you lost faith. Admit it. Maybe not hope, but faith…You knew.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Mr. Dog….
    That ship sailed two hundred years ago…

You know…
    We GOTT Plenty to drink and most will do their best NOT to disappoint!

Post game overindulgence as a painkiller is a NC State tradition.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Smasher
    Participant

Can’t hate Bambard too much. It isn’t like he goes out there and says “I’m going to miss this one, too”. Blame the staff that didn’t recruit a legit kicker in the first place.

BassPacker
    Participant

We got “BAM” BOOZLED !!

Pack78
    Participant

We are a good team with no placekicker…hope the team can come back mentally for the rest of the season…that Pack squad could win the rest of ’em.

Smasher
    Participant

This type of loss damages the psyche. I expect a 3+ touchdown loss to LU next week.

WolfBlood86
    Participant

Yes, the team balled their butts off, and earned a huge signature victory until one player, given a great snap and hold, could not do his job. Even with the hold at 33 yards and between the hashes, he wasn’t even close.. Who has confidence in him going forward? When he missed it, you lost faith. Admit it. Maybe not hope, but faith…You knew.

Perfectly said. Completely unacceptable miss.

Fastback68
    Participant

I remember a John Madden interview about a 3rd down in a playoff game. “I wanted to give the team 2 chances to win, pass on 3rd or fg attempt on 4th.” The snake to Casper for the win.

3 TOs, 3 downs 1:00 to go. Just about any coach runs 3x or 2x, 1 pass. Especially when you have kicking issues. We are at the Costanza stage of doing the exact opposite of what you normally do. And Dabo can go —- himself, everyone in that stadium knows State should have won that game.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Anybody who BLAMES the Field Goal kicker for a LOSS really needs to think about what they are saying…

Field Goals are ALWAYS a matter of last resort…
    which is to say if you change the outcome of one or two other plays from negative to positive – meaning somebody else did NOT f up first- during the entire rest of the game, the kicker NEVER gets on the field with 2 seconds left.

Field Goal Kickers only WIN games, they NEVER lose them.
    Get over it.

Football is the ultimate TEAM Sport.

POP!!!

YogiNC
    Participant

BOTH MISSES! I’d like to get a better look at what happened on the block too. THAT was maddening. We’d have broken into the top 25 with a win like that.

Smarter than the average bear

BassPacker
    Participant

Wide Right is the son of Mr. Mayhem.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I’d like to get a better look at what happened on the block

Total breakdown between RG && RT…
    Both were put on their a##es by the Clempsom DT…

same two guys who pushed the same DT down the field in front of Dayes in the 4th quarter…

PackFan
    Participant

Well, we have a much better team than I thought we did (which I have to cling to after that ending…).

BJD95
    Keymaster

I hope this doesn’t break our spirit…because I now like this team A LOT. We can beat the Noles and Holes. We have shown we won’t back down from ANYBODY.

You deserved to win this game, players, coaches, and staff. I’m sorry you didn’t.

Don’t kick next game. Or the games after that.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Here is the stat of the game, for me. We had FIVE 4th down opportunities within FG range (counting the last play of regulation as a de facto 4th down for simplicity’s sake). On the FOUR kicks, we scored a TOTAL of 3 points.

The ONE time we went – not even a gimmie, 4th and 6 – we scored 7.

I’m not saying a 100% success ratio is sustainable, but it is absolutely mathematically justified to go for it in MOST cases already. With our kicking unit, it’s a no-brainer.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^So BJ.. you’re kinda saying “Blame the Coaches for sending the Kicker In”…

don’t answer, I’m just reinforcing my earlier posts suggesting that Blaming The Kicker is an indefensible position.

:>}

POP!!!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Defense looked fantastic against Clemson. I’m blown away. Not sure what coaching staff was thinking calling a pass play down there though right before the missed FG. I mean seriously. That call even made Les Miles weep.

Team played the most physical game I’ve seen in years. Clemson was not prepared for us to come out playing like that.

Rick
    Keymaster

Is this one of those seasons where we have a good team but end up 6-6?
    We are NC State.

I am glad I had kid soccer games to coach. It spared me the inevitable disappointment.

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 317 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.