Selection Sunday Post-Mortem

Home Forums All StateFansNation Selection Sunday Post-Mortem

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Well you either enjoy the seeding and bubble discussions that happen every year from Selection Sunday through the next Wednesday or not. There seems t
    [See the full post at: Selection Sunday Post-Mortem]

mak4dpak
    Participant

9 ACC teams made the big dance. Hopefully with the right coach, we will be invited back, next year. Probably won’t hear anything on a coach til the dance is over, with a prospect now in the dance. My darkhorse would be Tommy Lloyd, the coach in waiting at Gonzaga, upon Mark Few’s retirement.

TheCOWDOG

Always a good pull, Va.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Vandy not only got a bid, they got a 9. Several slots away from the “danger line.” Total losses means SQUAT, classic “correlation v. causation.”

And the “eye test” really matched up nicely with the numbers, I thought.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Great write up….don’t confuse me with facts. My gut said that WFU was IN and Cuse was OUT. Simply based on the “Personality” of the schools. Jimmy B. showed that a man with his coaching record and maturity is OFF his meds. He doesn’t seem to realized that by moving the venue away from NC, it actually COSTS the Conference $$. YES, TV is a motivator….but ticket prices are STILL revenue. There would have probably been 20% MORE fans in Greensboro….than in Barclays. With all the RUSSIAN demeaning by BOTH sides of the political spectrum, ONE would have thought that since the Barclays is held by a Russian Business Person…that would influenced the decision.

BUT, Not to be OUTDONE….Jimmy B shot off his mouth….with NO FACTS…

WFU, OTOH, was cool and respectful….therefore they get to dance in the “warmu up to the BIG Dance”….like attending an 8th grade prom to figure out HOW to act at a wild and wooly Jr/Sr Prom.

My comment….stats may confirm or blast….

McCallum
    Participant

F Blenheim and that trashy bunch of new yorkscum.

Only think he has going is his stock in Wrigleys and that hot wife.

McCallum

rthomas44
    Participant

All of the previous comments in this thread on less than enlightening.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Total losses means SQUAT, classic “correlation v. causation.”

I was thinking about this last night. When comparing Vandy with SYR, I decided your schedule decides how many losses you can afford. WF and Vandy fell to the good side of that line and SYR fell to the NIT.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Here’s some good color on the Wichita seeding snafu:

So why does the NCAA Tournament selection committee only consider the Shockers the No. 38 team in this year’s Big Dance? Why is the No. 8 overall team by Ken Pomeroy’s adjusted efficiency sitting behind a full 30 teams? More importantly, why does this seem to happen every year?

Simply put, RPI and strength of schedule. The Shockers rank No. 32 in the NCAA’s calculated RPI, an already flawed way of measuring a team’s potential tournament success, at least according to Pomeroy himself.

The Shockers were a great team by any objective analysis

Wichita State was No. 12 in the country in offensive efficiency. That’s better than Kentucky, Arizona, Oregon, Notre Dame, and Louisville.

Wichita State was No. 19 in defensive efficiency. That’s better than North Carolina, Kansas, Arizona, Oregon and Florida State.

There were only four teams in the country in the top 25 of both offensive and defensive efficiency. They were No. 1 seed Villanova, No. 1 seed Gonzaga, No. 2 seed Kentucky and … No. 10 seed Wichita State.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-basketball/2017/3/12/14902234/ncaa-tournament-bracket-2017-wichita-state-selection-committee-disrespect-shockers

Wulfpack
    Participant

My must see games:

UVa/UNCW
    Wichita/Dayton
    Saint Mary’s/VCU
    Butler/Winthrop
    Northwestern/Vandy
    FSU/FGCU (credit union)
    Miami/Michigan State
    Iowa State/Nevada
    Creighton/Rhode Island
    Minnesota/Middle Tennessee State

Adventuroo
    Participant

Perhaps an Enlightened ONE would tell us WHO is going to be our NEXT coach?

I think it is “Enlightening” that Jimmy B of Cuse Land is doing a “One Last Time” performance in Greensboro. Who says the NIT hath no humor.

THEY deny it….simply “happened”. As someone said….isn’t the NIT controlled by the NCAA? HOW did UNC-G land the mighty Cuse? Cuse is, I think, a PRIVATE university, so the Hot Shot (I am running for PREZ) NY Gov can’t Dictate where his Private Schools located in the fabulous NY State can GO. BUT, why would the NCAA/NIT allow a game in NC? Did we repeal HB2 for Old Roy (Ray?) Cooper’s Dysfunctional State of the State address tonight?

Basketball Chiefs speak with Forked Tongue.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/greensboro-gets-shot-at-boeheim-syracuse-in-nit-opener/16580976/

Ya GOTTa LOVE IT….

Zaphod
    Participant

Syracuse and UNC-G play in the Carrier Dome, not in Greensboro…

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Shockers are MUCH better than a #10 seed. Their problem is they cannot get anybody to schedule a game with them outside the conference. There’s no upside for playing them.

And honestly, it cuts both ways.. it’s not fair that #2 seed Kentucky has to play against a team of that caliber in the first weekend.

MP
    Participant

a “One Last Time” performance in Greensboro

Speaking of getting back on meds… The game is in Syracuse.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Roo has lost it.

WataugaWolf
    Participant

Vegas line has Wichita beating Dayton.

WataugaWolf
    Participant

From CBS Sports:
    “Every power conference AD will be drooling over Dayton-Wichita State

It seems like Dayton’s Archie Miller and Wichita State’s Gregg Marshall are the two coaches working outside a power conference who most often get mentioned for high-profile openings. Coincidentally, they’ll coach against each other Friday night.

And you just know the people at NC State, Missouri, LSU and Illinois will be watching and dreaming.”

Wulfpack
    Participant

Shockers are MUCH better than a #10 seed. Their problem is they cannot get anybody to schedule a game with them outside the conference. There’s no upside for playing them.

Correct. Marshall has been very vocal about this in the past. Nobody wants to schedule them.

StateRed44
    Participant

Who is going to set up the bracket pool. Just for fun?

Adventuroo
    Participant

Not really….my new ticker tocker is working fine…

I skimmed the article and actually paid more attention to the “meat in it towards the end….

I certainly DO apologize for dissemenating “False and Misleading and Unsubstantiated” info…and will testify before the “House Committee on Internal NIT Hosting Regulations. I will admit, under or over oath, that I misspoke…Since I did not do a 4:00 AM Tweet, I will not be, I hope. a casualty of a social media DRIVE BY…

Upon more focused reading….I did see “Carrier Dome” in the 2nd Paragraph. I just assumed that they wrote the article because it was going to BE in GSO….otherwise, it would have been to me, a real NON EVENT for MSM coverage.

THAT would have been the “Come Uppance” of the year had GSO been the menu…I assumed that the Church Group was going to sell the T’s in the GSO Parking lot as a fund raiser…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

B’rer ‘Roo… dontworryaboutit…

wral.com was reporting ‘cuse in GSO early this am too…

Now… I know you’re feeling better, but if you could cut the wordcount down by 1/2… we’d know everything was fine…
    most of us know what your family acronyms mean…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BKwolf
    Participant

538 has an interactive bracket that shows all their game probabilities:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2017-march-madness-predictions/?addata=espn:frontpage

Has Wichita at 69% v. Dayton and 24% v. Kentucky. Interesting that VCU is only 26% v. St. Mary’s. Biggest underdog of the 7/10 matchups.

Adventuroo
    Participant

BotB,

As Gabriel Heater would do, I need to set the tone for my comments….Google Gabe….he was a hoot. And NO, I did not listen to him live as I was not born, but studied about him in some of my “Gee, I wonder…days”.

There’s BAD NEWS TONIGHT…

My new ticker “Chip” has supercharged my old pump….and the fluid is moving much better than ever. I am NOW back to my pre-AFib levels (the AFib meds slowed down my at from my subnormal low of 61 or so to 47. Less energy. Less whatever. Interestingly, the body will STILL produce or generate or “pump” enough to keep the 02 levels up. Mine never dropped or changed.

I have been “detuned” once already and probably will be further tweaked after consultation with the Medtronic Tech that monitors PM recipients….

Therefore, I will be MORE energized and more prolific….Might have to focus on the WC and be a little more concise than rambly.

BKWolf. Thanks for the 538 link. I followed Mr. 538 daily for over 3 months. It was only at 9:30 PM on November 8, 2016, that his indicators or his “odds” moved to the correct side (color). Will be interesting to see how his “proprietary” alogrhytms work. Yogi would the expert here….

There is a rumor that there are busses and busses leaving GSO as we speak to show support for UNC-G in the upcoming B v. G conflict. Space is filling up quickly. T Shirts are in the 3rd printing. I am still waiting for the Attendance numbers and the “final” DI NCAA document on “teams and tournaments”. I WILL go out on a limb here….the numbers will not even be close. HINT….Barclays only seats 80% of GSO’s capacity….based on published numbers.

I really WONDER if the TV rights were “thought” to be more ENTICING when it came from New Yawk City. How Exciting….Jimmy B must be a marketing wonder…

choppack1
    Participant

Dance card got 100% of the at large teams…Lunardi didn’t.

I don’t know about palm.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Yeah ‘Roo… when you turn the beat around…it takes a couple of trips to the body shop to get those things dialed in…

My next door neighbor got one about a year ago and it took 3 months to get that right and then another 3 to adjust all his other 10-12 meds to the new beat…

Now here’s your Health Care Joke about all that…

Medicare is now paying for him and his wife to go to a Therapist (Counselor/Mental type) so he can deal with all his trips to the six doctors he’s keeping in business….

I’m just SMH at that…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.