Report: Patrick Wallace to Transfer

Home Forums All StateFansNation Report: Patrick Wallace to Transfer

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

According to a report by a respected recruiting news source, Patrick Wallace, a reserve player for the NC State basketball team, is transferring: @The
    [See the full post at: Report: Patrick Wallace to Transfer]

WTNY
    Participant

I hate to ask but this part is troubling: “. . . and is reported to be close friends with State player Kyle Washington.”

I’m hoping this is just Wallace looking for PT at another program that makes more sense.

However, I’d rather get the pain out of the way … is Washington considering a transfer as well?

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

WTNY, there have been rumors, yes. But nothing has been announced, and despite their being friends, I would think that Washington will do what’s best for him.

With all due respect to Patrick Wallace, he’s not an ACC caliber player…more of a SoCon kind of kid.

nav
    Participant

I will be more shocked if KW does NOT xfer than if he does.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Shit, what if we can’t fill out a fill hockey line change of a honky brigade??

wufpup76
    Keymaster

All the best to Threedom.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Shit, what if we can’t fill out a fill hockey line change of a honky brigade??

I’ll suit up if need be.

Eligibility be damned…Gott, call me.

My paleness and lack of vertical would be lauded by the masses. I better start training lest I be given Anya hand me downs.

Good luck to Patrick. Good kid, hope he catches on somewhere with PT available for him.

WTNY
    Participant

Alpha — I agree on Wallace.

As for KW, those rumors have been floating ever since Freeman rightly replaced him as a starter.

I hope KW returns, bulks up a bit and works on his D. Having 4 different “big” types was very helpful this year.

PapaJohn
    Participant

Hey, that’s a second spot opening up on the Scout team. Pick me, coach!

Good luck Patrick!

Pack Leader
    Participant

Wish PW all the best in his future career!! We all know he has a good shot, not too sure what else he can bring but I’m sure many schools would love to have his skill set.

As for KW, it is imperative that we keep him on the squad. One of our strengths this year was the rotation of multiple big men, avoiding foul trouble & high minutes. I see KW fitting the Deshawn Painter roll from a few years ago. Everyone remembers how quickly our postgame went downhill the year following Painters transfer… I dont see a big difference here. Anya physically cant run 35mins a game nor can Freeman keep up offensively for 40mins.

WE MUST KEEP Washington for continued sucess next season…

JeremyH
    Participant

thanks for your service PW.

KW is on the right track, and I agree he needs to get just a little stronger on the blocks. I think transferring would be a mistake, he’ll have the same issues anywhere else.

BJD95
    Keymaster

You can’t collect a badass nickname like Angel of Death and then just walk out on us, Kyle. NO F-CKING WAY!!!!

JasonP
    Participant

KW transferring would make no sense and it would surprise me, but I’m not close to the program or players to know any better. His situation is golden: He’s in the front court rotation of a stable major program in a top conference with the potential to shine should he do the offseason work – which could lead to great draft potential in 2016. Why leave and have to sit a year, delaying that draft to 2017?

JeremyH
    Participant

Maybe the solution is to get another guy from Minnesota so he has a buddy. Look at our team– Cat had Des (VA Beach area), Trevor had Ralston (Alabama), and Freeman had Anya (DC area). KW just needs a friend from the Twin Cities! Or maybe Abu can morph his Boston accent to a Minne-soota one.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

While it has nothing to do with KW, we should also remember that Terry Henderson is eligible next season. He played for two years for WVU, started 17 games, made 47 3-pointers (based on ~38% accuracy) over two years, shot 44% from the field overall and had 85% accuracy at the free throw line his sophomore year and averaged 2.9 RPG.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/61215/terry-henderson

If Henderson can give two years of service like that, our backcourt is set until 2017.

choppack1
    Participant

I hate it for these kids – and I really can’t blame a kid in his position. You’re sharing time (at best) – with 3 other guys… And you became 4th in that line.I’d be thrilled if he stayed…and he definitely has a role to play…but he may want to use the extra year to bulk up/ or work on his 3 skills.

BJD95
    Keymaster

The talk I hear about Henderson is even more excited than it was about Almond Joy (and from the same sources, so I am indeed optimistic).

Now, we just need a nickname beyond the obvious “Blackerer Scott Wood” and something even more obvious about Cousin/Sister/Sheep f-cking… 😀

redisgood
    Participant

Apparently Henderson has impressed in practices during the year. I’m pretty comfortable he will be more than an adequate replacement for Ralston, and maybe a bit of an upgrade. His 3 point shooting was actually better in his freshman year, 40%+, but he was sick in his sophomore year.

Edit
    Sorry, was typing this while BJD was making basically the same comment. But it sounds like we ‘re hearing the same thing.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I think he will be more than a bit of an upgrade, given BSW’s knee issues (that clearly hampered him in March).

Biggest key will be having the lateral quickness to defend and slash (ie, be more than just a zone-buster).

ryebread
    Participant

Turner was greatly under appreciated by many fans. I think he was hurt towards the end of the year and his shooting tailed off. When that happened though, he picked up his rebounding and his defense actually improved as well. I’m hoping Henderson can replace him, but it’s premature to say we’ll be trading up. People said the same thing about TDT and Painter.

We really need KW back. He is long, can shoot which opens the floor underneath for Anya and Freeman, and plays with a mean streak and ice in his veins.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I’ve said it before and I’ll probably say it again…
    KW, won’t you be our Bill Laimbeer?

In any case, like everyone else I hope he stays as I think he could be a huge piece to the puzzle. Would that we could meld he and Anya (or Abu, or Freeman) together and make one suped up dude. AHoD (Angelic Hippo of Death) would be a monster.

BJD95
    Keymaster

AHoD would be some unstoppable force of nature hybrid of Sonic the Hedgehog/Pokemon/old school NBA Jam character come to life. With the ninja moves of Chun Li from Street Fighter II.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Just wish we could find some vanilla talent to team up with the guys. Not just to ride the bench. But have some legitimate playing time. That won’t happen, unless the coaching staff are recruiting them. But according to the Wolfpacker, I have seen none to date. Though there are quite a few guys we are looking at.

TheCOWDOG

Vanilla is for Catholics and lumberjacks, fool.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.