Report: ACC to end relationship with King Karl

Home Forums All StateFansNation Report: ACC to end relationship with King Karl

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

Multiple sources told @DavidGlennShow and @ACCSports the ACC is ending its relationship with controversial BB official Karl Hess. More soon.— Da
    [See the full post at: Report: ACC to end relationship with King Karl]

tractor57
    Participant

Don’t let the screen door …

packalum44
    Participant

Who knows that Wofford loss could impact RPI just enough to put us on the wrong side of the bubble. As it appears now I don’t think we’ll have to worry about any bubble this year which could be for the best if it gets Archie here faster.

StateFans
    Keymaster

packalum44 –

I don’t understand why you think we are so far away from the NCAA Tournament.

We are currently #44 in the RPI having played the 10th toughest schedule in the country. If we win one of the next two games we will easily have a Top 35 RPI with 4 wins vs the Top 100.

Gowolves
    Participant

SF, That’s how PA44 operates. I think he must have been a sports radio guy in the past. Troll whenever it’s possible.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Can’t wait for King Karl the Konqueror to get an NCAA Tournament game involving an ACC team.

HE WILL MAKE THEM RUE THE DAY!!!!!

highstick
    Participant

Retribution! FINALLY!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Timbo
    Participant

Thank god one of my wishes have a chance to come true!!

Jediwolf
    Participant

DING DONG!
    HESS IS GONE!

packbackr04
    Participant

I guess all the refs will be wearing KH on their shoes this weekend right???? right?

redisgood
    Participant

Thank god one of my wishes have a chance to come true!!

That was my New Year’s resolution. It’s only January 9th and I’m done for the year.

choppack1
    Participant

What is pathetic is that it took this incident to fire him AND he is considered a “good” official. I think one thing professional and sports should try to do is get away from officials incorrectly impacting outcomes as much as possible. Technology should soon be at a point where this is possible. (Its certainly possible in cases of out of bounds calls.)

Regardless basketball officiating is horrible and officials are a big part of acc power structure.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Well, NOW….is that peachy keen? The way that KH made up with GOTT….I was expecting the Lou Bello – Norm Sloan treatment for the next game….

BUT, I will be glad that he is OUT.

He MUST have had a run-in with Wake before. When I pulled his stats, Wake was the ONLY ACC team that had “red circled” him….in that he did NOT ref a single WFU game for a full season.

We got TWO seasons….I can now add to my Reynolds Experience….Last NCSU game that KH called.

The shoes MUST be checked for KKH initials….but I suggest a full body scan for Tattoos…..MAYBE this will do some good.

I totally agree about Luckie, Valentine and Dorsey. When we fans know those names and faces….and several, besides me obviously do….then those refs are no longer part of the supposedly invisible Zebra Squad….

Good riddance….but it was for an PC or perhaps an INCORRECT PC slur that got him….Capone was done in by the IRS…

Timbo
    Participant

I absolutely adore being involved and a part of something that is really a phenomenon.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Get ready for the KH stickers of support… really glad his ouster ultimately wasn’t due to anything NCSU-centric.. we’d have never won another game.

redisgood
    Participant

Get ready for the KH stickers of support… really glad his ouster ultimately wasn’t due to anything NCSU-centric.. we’d have never won another game.

It’s now being reported it was due to an accumulation of events, ie our stuff.

The good thing is other conferences are starting to bail on him as well, so all referees need to take notice.

PapaJohn
    Participant

Great reason to celebrate this weekend. LONG OVERDUE!!

MrPlywood
    Participant

It’s interesting that it took an accumulation of stuff. The Gugs/Corch debacle should have been plenty.

WolftownVA81
    Participant

Been traveling a lot for work the last couple of years and haven’t had time to post much though I have been reading the blog. This however deserves a post. I haven’t been so happy about a firing since Fowler left. The first thing that popped into my head was the Witch is dead song from the Wizard of Oz. Hopefully this will impact the behavior of the remaining refs in a positive way.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Ahhhh! You mean Hess won’t be able to ref in our game against Duke? Yessss! He will be missed! NOT!!!!!!!!!

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Chop ( way up there somewhere ^^^^)…exactly! And more to your point I don’t believe for a second that his firing was as a result of an accumulation of issues. That’s full bore BS! What the ACC does not want us to believe is that they fired him solely for one reason…that he violated the most nebulous of all doctrines, those of the politically correct. He was not fired for anything at all related to his profession. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad he’s gone. I just wish the pu$$ies at the ACC would have fired him for bias, something that should be the worst sin possible among the profession in which he was employed. Instead they ignored his bias for years because it better served their needs. But, bust the PC code?….well, then they stand proudly upright behind their righteous PC cloak, chest all pumped out and make a PR statement by firing him. Total BS. PC is poison.

Pack92
    Participant

Agree 100% with JG78 & Mr. P. Should have happened a long time ago.

BUT, KKKarma is a b!tch huh KKKarl?
    Maybe Liberty will allow you to ref women’s volleyball or that most sought after of spectator sports- field hockey.

13OT
    Participant

Playing the race card these days will get you worse punishment than just about anything else you can do, including physical violence in some cases.

Good riddance in this case, however.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Playing the race card is a tactic used by the likes of Al Shapton. He is empowered by the politically correct among us who quake with fear that they might find themselves in his crosshairs. Hess did not play a race card. Hess made a racist comment. No Sharpton race card necessary here. Hess simply did what he did, plain and simple.

13OT
    Participant

My point was that if you as much as IMPLY something that could be stretched into a racist statement, you’re toast in this PC day and age. Lord knows I’m not taking up for Hess here; he’s an insecure little turd who never should have been given the NCAA stage with a whistle in his mouth.

But my point is that I’m really tired of the double standard we have in this day and age, and I do think a lot of people will agree with me on this one.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.