Raleigh Regional Preview (sort of)

Home Forums All StateFansNation Raleigh Regional Preview (sort of)

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 486 total)
  • Author
    ruffles31
    Keymaster

Very curious to see who Avent starts tomorrow. The only 3 pitchers that one could easily assume State would start in the regional were Brown, Wilder, and Piedmonte. Now, who is up? My guess would be Adler since he hasn’t pitched but about 1 IP on Saturday. You can pull Orwig out for 2-3 Innings, and Gilbert hasn’t been needed yet so he could give 2-3 innings as well.

Chris Williams uncharacteristically wasn’t sharp against Navy on Friday. He should be ready and can easily eat 3-4 innings. ‘

If they win game 1, then the deciding game would be fascinating to watch from a State pitching point of view.

And the elephant in the room could be this. With Brown only throwing 70 pitches on Friday, and it would be his bullpen day, would he be available for 1-2 innings?

But that is all moot if the offense doesn’t score a good number of runs. And you have to assume that to win the two games, it would mean that the offense has to tag Morrison for a run or two. And he was unhittable yesterday.

tjfoose1
    Participant

NCAA prohibits teams from playing any part of 3 separate games on the same day.

Gowolves
    Participant

Very curious to see who Avent starts tomorrow. The only 3 pitchers that one could easily assume State would start in the regional were Brown, Wilder, and Piedmonte. Now, who is up? My guess would be Adler since he hasn’t pitched but about 1 IP on Saturday. You can pull Orwig out for 2-3 Innings, and Gilbert hasn’t been needed yet so he could give 2-3 innings as well.

Chris Williams uncharacteristically wasn’t sharp against Navy on Friday. He should be ready and can easily eat 3-4 innings. ‘

If they win game 1, then the deciding game would be fascinating to watch from a State pitching point of view.

And the elephant in the room could be this. With Brown only throwing 70 pitches on Friday, and it would be his bullpen day, would he be available for 1-2 innings?

But that is all moot if the offense doesn’t score a good number of runs. And you have to assume that to win the two games, it would mean that the offense has to tag Morrison for a run or two. And he was unhittable yesterday.

Avent will do whatever he has to win the first game. Whoever has anything left in the tank will pitch in the second game if needed. He isn’t thinking beyond the first one I can promise you that.

TheCOWDOG

Williamson doesn’t look right.

TheCOWDOG

Avent wins me over for the day! Got a baseball carnival brewing over here.

Pack78
    Participant

To paraphrase Maverick (Top Gun):’On the first one we crashed and burned, second one is looking pretty good so far.’

freshmanin83
    Participant

Wow this is fun.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

So far so good!

Hope the weather continues to cooperate.

freshmanin83
    Participant

You guys who know can momentum be carried over from one BB game to the next on the same day or is it another game altogether.

TheCOWDOG

No harm dinger. 2 to go to make another 9.

And yes on mo. If you were hitterish in game one, you’re exploding with confidence for game 2.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Normally I’d say no.
    In fact, under normal circumstances a double bill is a difficult sweep at best.
    But given the specifics of the situation (two straight convincing wins for us, maybe some slight doubts now for them) I like our position better than theirs for tonight, presuming we can avoid pulling a “TCU” in the next two innings.

Wufpacker
    Participant

What did Avent get run for? I didn’t get to see it.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Avent took exception to a call by the ump behind the plate. If I remember correctly State Pitcher threw a full count strike to end the inning and instead it was called ball.

44rules
    Participant

one down one to go. Can’t get anything at work. Was there a gametracker or anything somewhere?

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Wufpacker
    Participant

Nice win. Keep it going tonight.
    On my way outside to dig holes for an hour or two. Fun fun.

Wufpacker
    Participant

one down one to go. Can’t get anything at work. Was there a gametracker or anything somewhere?

It’s thru the NCAA website. Shows entire bracket, click on any of the games to get the details, including live stats if ongoing.
    I’ll drop a link…
    http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1/2016/regionals/103

TheCOWDOG

NCAA site has a tracker.

CC not feeling so invincible.

44rules
    Participant

Thanks Wuf. I’ll use that tonight if I’m around a CPU.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Wolfanatic
    Participant

One hell of a job by Gilbert, just freakin clutch. 9ks, one stinkin’ run.. 7+ hat tip…

Wufpacker
    Participant

Thanks Wuf. I’ll use that tonight if I’m around a CPU.

NP my man. There is also this one which is a bit more detailed, but more difficult to look at. I hate the layout.
    The link for the late game should appear at the bottom in the next hour or two.
    http://www.statbroadcast.com/ncaa/site.php?sid=bsncst

TheCOWDOG

Crap. Here comes the houseguest that won’t leave, with more of ’em coming.

This is getting to be quite old.

Heelh8r
    Participant

See, didn’t I emphatically tell ya that our deep pitching and rested bull pen would give us the advantage today?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

tarp on the field and weather delay.. no new start time announced yet

BJD95
    Keymaster

muthaflippa, we gots a full hour before teh Copa starts…don’t give me this rain delay shenanigans!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Rat Farts!!!!

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 486 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.