Raleigh Regional Preview (sort of)

Home Forums All StateFansNation Raleigh Regional Preview (sort of)

Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 486 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Heckuva catch. Sun in the eyes and everything.
    Dammit.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Oh Red Raiders. I’ve always felt a kinship to thee and now I know why. That was SO NC State of you.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Never mind. Raiders get out of it.

Gowolves
    Participant

TT has nine lives and I think they have used 8 of them.

Gowolves
    Participant

TT looks like they will force a game three.

Gowolves
    Participant

RIP, Chris Cammack. CD, 67 what was he like. Did you guys know him. Seemed like a stud on the diamond. Wonder why he never wanted to play in the bigs?

TheCOWDOG

RIP, Chris Cammack. CD, 67 what was he like. Did you guys know him. Seemed like a stud on the diamond. Wonder why he never wanted to play in the bigs?

I heard stories of his greatness, but only met him a couple of times. He was extremely gracious. I never knew the reason as to why he chose not to sign.

He had been ill for the past 4 years, at the very least.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

My pop knew him well. As a boy, we lived in Fayetteville and my dad and Chris’s dad were friends, and I remember meeting him. Didn’t know he was drafted that many times

TheCOWDOG

A team full of draftees, with money out the whazoo, gets punked in their own gazillion dollar yard. Nice.

TheCOWDOG

BTW. That goes for Mississippi State, too, at my old home away from home, Dudy Noble Field.

It ain’t the yard, peeps…never has been. It’s about the dirt in your jock. Or pants, when it comes to the chicaderos.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I really thought this might be ‘Ville’s year.
    PieRats went out with a whimper after their “almost had it” game yesterday.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Shocked Louisville goes down. Thought they were a lock for Omaha. I really hope Miami gets sent packing. That joker gets one in the rib cage or worse if I’m on the bump.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Saw the 11-nil score for EZU. Bless their hearts, LMFAO.

Gowolves
    Participant

A team full of draftees, with money out the whazoo, gets punked in their own gazillion dollar yard. Nice.

Sheldon assumes that is sarcasm. Why feed the nannies?

Gowolves
    Participant

I think I want Coastel to win

Wufpacker
    Participant

I think I want Coastel to win

I definitely want Coastal to win.

4in12
    Participant

I think OK St. looks mighty good. 5-0 @ Clemson & Columbia.

TheCOWDOG

Sheldon assumes that is sarcasm. Why feed the nannies?

Purely unintentional, if sarcasm seemed implied. No…I appreciate the mighty Papa Johns going down. The little Gauchos, along with the upstart “Chaunceleers,” shall have my following.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Agreed on the “Little Guys” rooting interest.

The Big12 represented themselves very well this year.

Kinda gotta pull for the ‘Noles tonight I think. Would be cool to shut the SEC out of Omaha. Plus, f-ck the Gators.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Thinking back to early season comments after the BC series loss. BC was definitely a worthy foe. acc and sec baseball overrated. D1 baseball carries on the baseball America tradition. pac 12 and west coast teams, plus southwestern clubs underrated.

TheCOWDOG

BTW. I had to dig deeper into CC’s Connor Owings, after I noticed he wasn’t drafted until the 30 something round. That kid does what he does on, pretty much, a kidney and a 1/3.

He will need a transplant at any given moment. His Mama will be the donor. Also, because I’m always so on top of things, the D-Backs selected him…who knew that his brother is Chris Owings, Arizona’s #1 pick 3 yrs. ago? ( …not me. )

Wufpacker
    Participant

I tell ya what, I’m proud of BC. I’ve given them a load of crap over the years, all of which was deserved. But it was really fun to see them show some stones this year, especially in the post season. And I don’t know if I actually posted any of the comments you’re referring to, but I was definitely thinking them at the time at the very least.

TheCOWDOG

Agreed with BC. Many times I’ve wondered what happened with all the really good baseball that I competed against from NE, as a kid.

Shoes, I do like my West Coast / Southwest ball, but will never, ever, acquiesce to their overall strengh.

Just the same…Go Gauchos!

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

I agree cd. I watch a lot more acc and sec baseball but my impression is that the leagues, as good as they are, are just a little too hyped. Conference strength may be better but the top pac 12 and the Fullertons and Rices and Dallas Baptists would fair well in either conference.

to me, the sec has been a power league for a while, and the acc has drifted in that direction. It’s the long ball and the power pitcher. Plenty of finesse teams and players who aren’t overpowering but are fundamentally superior. It’s like putting the burger boy Dunking and dribbling machines against a group of solid 3-4 year players. show me a d1 starter who can’t catch up to the 90 mph fastball.

TheCOWDOG

When yer from Western NY, ya don’t acquiesce to nobody!
    . 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 486 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.