Raleigh Regional Preview (sort of)

Home Forums All StateFansNation Raleigh Regional Preview (sort of)

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 486 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

There it is…

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

we didnt tough bilous’ slider or change all night. All fastballs. Too impatient with him. We need to get to them soon because Morrison is tough, and we’ll get him soon enough

BJD95
    Keymaster

It has now at least paused deluging in Apex, so teh delay may be short.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

^except for that last double by McClain. We need solid innings from orwig if and when play resumes. Short leash on brown when there isn’t much in the pen

Wolfanatic
    Participant

NCSU 1987: Damn. That was a perfectly executed bunt. Damn. ……AIR, the attempted steal that cost us did not have a bunt. It was a delayed swing on a hit and run that cost us…

ncsu1987
    Participant

^Wolfanatic: I was referring to the bunt from the Coastal player top of the next inning…bunted to move the runner into scoring position, but delayed and placed the bunt so perfectly he beat out the throw as well. Beautiful execution.

Hence the double “damn”…

TheCOWDOG

Baseball knoggins hanging tough in here. Props to you guys.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Resume time at 10:10pm.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

NCSU 1987.. ok, got it..t’was a good bunt…I forget who our right-handed hitter was, but it was a hit and run, and he swung very late; and offered not much protection for the runner..which made the steal attempt appear to be a bad call.. You were talking about their bunt…my bad…

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Deatherage getting called out at first on the bunt cost us a run. I still think somebody needs 6 of 7 to win

Heelh8r
    Participant

Know what I like about baseball? Rick don’t follow it. Makes it a pleasure

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Back to the steal…I just loathe running in rain. Spikes are mucked up, or you slip. You’re forcing a top bat to swing against a pitcher who struggles with command. The risk outweighs the reward to me in tonight’s game. Let Mendoza swing it when he wants. McClain and deatherage run better than pitarra. I just don’t like it. Too many negatives. If you want him in second, bunt him and take the out. 3 hole coming up with one in scoring position.

ncsu1987
    Participant

’67: I thing you’re right, it’ll take 6 to win this one. And we need to get ours now. Don’t like the idea of needing an 8th inning rally and watching Morrison walk to the mound.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

I think Morrison comes in earlier tonight

ncsu1987
    Participant

Solid, solid inning from Orwig. Now let’s get some…

Wufpacker
    Participant

Time to do something here. Not to be greedy, but a nice five spot would help the cause.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

patience, patience, patience

ncsu1987
    Participant

^Doesn’t sound greedy at all…especially if ’67 is right and we see Morrison sooner…

Gowolves
    Participant

The color guy on ESPN3 is absolutely stupid. One asinine comment after another.

I agree 67 we might see him sooner than expected. It’s hard to say though, one inning could change a lot of things. If it stands like it is going to the 7th I think he will be in.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Death Rage Death Rage Death Rage. Unc sux UNIX sux unc sux

ncsu1987
    Participant

LOL at the color guy. I was listening earlier, and he made me do the “WTF-did-he-just-say” face once too many, and I killed the sound. The game visuals, backed by some old live Yes is working for me…

Gowolves
    Participant

Damn that was close to a strike on a pitch out!

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Good move. But we’ve now spent our best lefttie options against a lefttie dominant lineup

Gowolves
    Participant

Nice play!

Gowolves
    Participant

Two damn fine plays!!!

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 486 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.