Pitt begins ACC play at NC State

Home Forums All StateFansNation Pitt begins ACC play at NC State

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Keymaster

semi sweet is becoming bitter sweet

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Pitt 80% in the 2nd half. Hard to overcome that.

When you have players stepping out of the way to avoid the foul, it is easy to shoot 80%

Texpack
    Participant

Pitt 80% in the 2nd half. Hard to overcome that.

Our defense has created their shooting percentage in the second half. Easy turnovers and poor transition defense will make anybody look awesome

Rick
    Keymaster

I just do not understand what is a foul. Lee drives gets pushed and they do not call it.
    Every time Pitt dirves they seem to call it

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Double bonus the rest of the way in.

Rick
    Keymaster

These refs suck. It is not why we are losing but they suck

Rick
    Keymaster

That was a walk. You cannot moveafter a jump step

Turner sucks

BJD95
    Keymaster

Mighty depressing. Oh well, that’s life sometimes. See you kids later.

Rick
    Keymaster

That is what I am talking about. They get that call every time.
    Us not so muchj

ILPackfan
    Participant

Well, that should about do it. I realize there’s still over 5 minutes left, but this is not a team that’s going to make up double digits this close to the end.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Raulston Turner needs to get nothing but clean-up minutes. He is a waste of a uniform on the count.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Deer/headlights syndrome.

I have time for a nap before wildcard games though, so that’s something.

Texpack
    Participant

Cat looks a lot like a freshman today. He is killing us with careless ball handling.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Washington, Anya or some-fricking-body needs to step up to be a second scorer.

djcmlc3
    Participant

The more I watch, the less impressed I am with Gottfried’s coaching. Pitt made adjustments at halftime, what did Gottfried do? Whatever it was, it’s not working.

graywolf
    Participant

This is the reason I have been saying we will not win more than 5 conference games…too many liabilities and a big one is a point guard.

Tau837
    Participant

Losing two straight games against good, but not great, opponents at home, I think it’s clear that this team has no shot at making the NCAA tournament.

Those who were suggesting State could win 11-12 more games this season were dreaming.

choppack1
    Participant

Gray – I think you may be right. Pitt is showing how it is done. Defend, rebound and get out in transition.

Gott desperately needs to improve d. Otherwise, I don’t see us having the success we have had the last 2 years.

ILPackfan
    Participant

Brutal second half to sit through. There’s a whole lot of bad in that box score.

john of sparta
    Participant

wonder if the wife
    will miss a couple
    of her Zolofts.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

A tale of two halves….It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going to the ACC cellar.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

I roomed with some SEC guys for several years while Gottfried was at Bama’ and watched a good bit of SEC basketball during that time. This is about par for the course for what you can expect from his teams. Rarely will he blow anybody out, so never get excited after a quick surge (see start of today’s game). His teams simply don’t defend well enough to separate themselves from efficient teams, his teams also tend to have sloppy, unforced errors, lapses in focus, and there are questionable substitution patterns. Notice I didn’t criticize the offense. When the ball goes in, which is what he excels at, then it masks some of his defensive weaknesses. Also note that I think he’s an above average coach.

But I laughed when some fairly outspoken folks on here talked about how last year’s lineups had weaknesses, were overrated, didn’t have the parts to play better defense. Once he recruits his own players, develops them, and roots out the knuckle heads, we’ll really get a good idea of how good a coach he is. Cough.

Gottfried tolerates too much crap in my opinion. Same with this team. 18-22 year old kids learn fundamentals and how to play the “right way” by working their rears off in practice, by coaches reinforcing the proper way to play by rewarding players who practice and play the “right way.” When you don’t, you don’t play. Or you get jerked and sit your ass on the pine. Yes, what we saw today is a little about youth, but it’s also a lot about coaching.

packer74
    Participant

After a 17-2 start, the Pack was was outscored 72 to 45. State’s defense was awful. Pitt had 15 layups and two dunks. Poor shot selection, sloppy passing, and out of control PG play on offense. Big improvement in FT % was a plus today. 6 maybe 7 conference wins. Odds that TL will still be here next year with the limited minutes he is seeing?

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Transition defense under Gottfried is some of the worst I’ve ever seen.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

That pop we just heard was our bubble.

10 good mins, then fade to black.

Being a State fan is hard.

Again, hope is a bitch.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 255 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.