PACK Nine – Spring 2018…

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports PACK Nine – Spring 2018…

Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    choppack1
    Participant

Enjoying this year and hope it continues. Baseball season is long and we play like 30 conference games and everyone else seems to play like 24.

McCallum
    Participant

Word up!

McCallum

Pack78
    Participant

Pack9 sweeps three from W&M and two from JMU for a 5-game winning streak-sets up for the Deacs this weekend.

TheCOWDOG

Pack9 sweeps three from W&M and two from JMU for a 5-game winning streak-sets up for the Deacs this weekend.

Indeed ’78, the Wake series is big going into tourney time. The bats woke up over the course of this past OOC week. There are bump issues that I got to know this past weekend, but I have some baseball faith in the kids that I met and talked with. The little sh#ts appreciated holding court with we oldtimers.

Loosey goosey was the keynote we gave to these kids last Saturday. Here’s to hoping that Reid Johnston, who presented my ring, BTW, can carry some tired arms

Peeps. These youngsters are a throwback era bunch.

TheCOWDOG

Pack comes up nice V Wake tonight.
    Muy importante.

Wake has long been a fly in the ointment, regardless of sport. Duke whacks the holes…all good.

What ya say?

freshmanin83
    Participant

Hooray for the Pack. Glad they finally put them away after letting them back in the game. Was also glad to see wf trot out the pitcher with the 10 era. Happy he changed gloves too.

choppack1
    Participant

Glad to see these guys get their sea legs back. They were playing some great baseball before the streak…so good that a game losing streak didn’t jeopardize a tournament bid (though it may have taken us out of the super regional hosting seed.) Still, if we right the ship now, we can hang with anyone. Also, the bump in the road may have been perfect timing. I am a firm believer in the philosophy that unless you have once in a lifetime talent, very long winning streaks are not the way to head into postseason – you may be worrying more about streak than opponent. (See UVA basketball this year.)

McCallum
    Participant

One of the student managers on the team is a real jerk.

McCallum

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Bad news: Mr. Brown has picked the wrong part of the season to start giving up (home)runs.
    Good news: Pack won anyway in repeated comeback fashion. Good teams find a way to win.
    Can the brooms be broken out on Mother’s Day? Some might say that’s antiquated and degrading. I say it’s all good as long as the boys are doing all the sweeping.

Pack78
    Participant

Pack9 takes out the Deacs 10-6 for the sweep-KinneMAN continues his breakout of a slump with 2 BB’s and 3 RBI’s…

GoldenChain
    Participant

I don’t know what happened but after a stellar season we gave it all back closing out losing the season series to the holes, then FSU, then bowing out of the ACCT and NCAA. For the naysayers among us a typical Statesque conclusion to an otherwise terrific season.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

GC, where you been at, brother?

GoldenChain
    Participant

I got lost on the way to the church…..

Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.