PACK Nine – Spring 2018…

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports PACK Nine – Spring 2018…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK guys…

I’m starting this one so we’ll have a running Topic for Wolfpack Baseball as the season moves forward, but ya’ll baseball gurus have got to pitch in help with updates direct from the ballpark and the color commentary, ’cause ya’ll already know I’m just a roundballer….

Looks like we’re setup for an excellent season…
    And the local sports press continues to find good things to say about NC State to the exclusion of ‘other’ local college teams…

For example… this morning, Mary Dunleavy of WRAL has this to say…
    Kinneman’s big bat helps NC State to top of ACC

GO PACK!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    natediggity
    Participant

According to the article “the best start in 19 years”. Impressive considering the Rodon and Turner teams were in that span. Keep it up boys, I hear Omaha is pretty nice in June!!

TheCOWDOG

Wish I could weigh-in, but have yet to get up and close with this squad, yet.

…Buuut…Kinneman’s hot start is no surprise, he showed all that last year. The Wilson kid at SS was a frosh AA last year, and add vets like McClain, and Deatherage, you wind up with a competitive team.

Pulling for Johnny Piedmonte once again. 6’8 from the bump, and every pitch sends nerve endings screaming from his shoulder.

Texpack
    Participant

OK guys…

I’m starting this one so we’ll have a running Topic for Wolfpack Baseball as the season moves forward, but ya’ll baseball gurus have got to pitch in help with updates direct from the ballpark and the color commentary, ’cause ya’ll already know I’m just a roundballer….

Looks like we’re setup for an excellent season…
    And the local sports press continues to find good things to say about NC State to the exclusion of ‘other’ local college teams…

For example… this morning, Mary Dunleavy of WRAL has this to say…
    Kinneman’s big bat helps NC State to top of ACC

GO PACK!

Baseballs are round Bill and the article is even written by a Dunleavy. You are therefore supremely qualified.

I watched the Klempson games last Saturday and Sunday. This looks like a really solid team.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Baseballs are round Bill…

Cute… I ain’t telling everything…. just trying to get some real ‘baseball’ guys to get in the game…

According to the article “the best start in 19 years”…

I’m thinking this has something to do with the “Faison charm girl”, which has something to do with Mr. Dog and the ’73 Team finally getting their ACC Championship rings…

[ I ] have yet to get up and close with this squad, yet…

See 1 & 2 above….

GO PACK!

POP!!!

YogiNC
    Participant

The Pack 9 atop the ACC. Conference Top 5 finish in Basketball, really good finish in football, other sports doing REALLY well, and now the boys of spring look like they could be something really special. Has anyone seen the list of statistical leaders in the conference. A LOT of Pack players on that list. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO! We got us a convoy! A good time to be a Pack fan, at least from my view point.

Smarter than the average bear

Pack78
    Participant

Pack comes back from a 5-0 deficit with a 6-run 8th to take the series 9-6 against GT…

Heelh8r
    Participant

New rankings out now top 10 in all polls with a best of #6. I watched the Sunday game for the first time this year and it was a great comeback in the 8th. Two HR’s and a clutch double to knock in the go ahead runs. We’re getting into the meat of the conference schedule now and it will be fun following the team. It’s a chance for a conference championship if we can keep it going

Heelh8r
    Participant

Pack9 had a bad day yesterday. Scored two in the first, but gave up 8 runs in the third to lose 10-2. Need to win these next two vs VT to keep our spot atop the ACC and our top 10 ranking. Game 2 about to start at 4:00. I’m going to watch this one on the laptop. It’s great fun to follow this team. Anybody with me?

Heelh8r
    Participant

Nice start. Pack puts up 3 runs in first. Peidmont on mound for Pack strikes out 2 of 3 in first. 3-0 after 1

Heelh8r
    Participant

Will Wilson 3 run HR in first. Piedmont looking dominant through 2. Still 3-0 after 2.
    Oh almost forgot-
    POP!

Heelh8r
    Participant

Pack tacks on another run in top of 3rd and gets into VT bullpen. Piedmont looks awesome through 3. He is 6’8″ 240 and has a no hitter going through 3. 4-0
    POP!

Heelh8r
    Participant

Pack adds 2 in 4th and 2 more in 5th. Peidmont still sailing along 8-0 through 5.
    POP!

Heelh8r
    Participant

Pack had runners on first and third top of sixth but a line out turned into a double play to end the top half. Piedmont still has a no hitter going through six. He is at about 80 pitches so don’t know how far he will go with an eight run lead, but he has dominated.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Pack is flipping the script from yesterday’s game and then some. Nice catch by VT’s centerfielder.

Heelh8r
    Participant

11-1 through 7. Piedmont loses the no hitter in the 7th, loading the bases, but escaped giving up only one run. Feeling safe with this one, H8r checking out. Get behind this team, they are for real!
    Two POPS!!

PackerInRussia
    Participant

And as baseball goes, two lopsided victories by both teams capped off by a pitchers’ duel. 0-0 top of the 7th; 4 hits apiece.

Heelh8r
    Participant

No inning by inning updates today, but H8r got you covered on game summary. As PIR said, both pitchers took shutouts into the seventh inning. VT got the bases covered in the seventh with 1 out, but the Pack induced a inning ending double play to extend the shut out. In the eighth, with runners on first and third for the Pack, Evan Edwards hit a screaming grounder just out of reach of the first baseman to put the first run on the board. State then held on, with Joe O’Donnell coming in to get the last out with the tying run on second, to preserve the shutout and win, 1-0. Sixth straight ACC series win for the Pack should be movin on up again this week!

Pack78
    Participant

Pack9 scratches out a 1-0 win with a run in the 8th to take the series.

Pack78
    Participant

Pack9 hits the Cards with a 4-spot in the 9th to win 9-6 and even the series at one each…

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Won their first series against Louisville (I think). Went from looking like they were going to be lucky to not get swept to tearing off 4 runs in the 9th and then making Louisville look like they didn’t even belong on the same field on Sunday. Nice series win on the road.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Ranked 2nd now which may be their highest ever.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ranked 2nd now which may be their highest ever.

… check that Tony…
    Not “May Be”… IS !!!

NC State makes history in Baseball America rankings

GO PACK 9 !!!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK! So I went over to Brooks Field to check out our #2 ranked PACK-9 against the Seahawks this evening…

PACK 8 – ‘hawks 3

Damn boys… we got us a real baseball team…
    These kids do all the little things right… fundamentals are sound as a granite… plus some stellar defense…

The big 6 run inning was baseball bingo with nothing bigger than a double…
    and If not for 2-3 bad pitches, we are looking at a shutout of of ‘good’ team…

Sat beside Blake and Brock’s grandparents — that’s a Alamance County backstory, for sure — while waiting for Mater Man to show up…

GO PACK 9

PackofMac
    Participant

Absolutely getting sh*t done boys. Getting sh*t done.

Baseball….only worthwhile watching college sport left that the team’s name, referee’s nor national media love affair can’t affect the outcome of the game…(well except for the play at the plate vs unCheat a couple years ago).

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.