PACK Nine – Spring 2018…

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports PACK Nine – Spring 2018…

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    rthomas44
    Participant

Enjoyed watching the Pack’s win over the Seahawks. Had to crawl out of the mater field and find a place to park. State has a real ball team!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

This thread deserves some new life considering we’re #2 in the nation and tarholes coming up. Game at the DBAP I think on Tuesday.

TheCOWDOG

The Hole game is a cool one. It’s just me and you…nobody else gives a rat’s ass. The ACC clubs don’t care. It probably gets a national look, though.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Most people start paying attention around the time the CWS rolls around.. and admittedly in years past you could count me in that group.. but #2 in the nation causing me to do a double take this season.

rthomas44
    Participant

Pack vs Cheats..NOW ON ESPN!!!

Texpack
    Participant

Pack gets the two run gift back plus 1 and leads 8-3 going to the bottom of the ninth.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

I hope Espo hasn’t seen Joe O’Donnells moss.. We’re talking aneurysm…

Heads up to Evan Edwards Insurance Co. A damn fine beating of the Heels…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

WOLFPACK tops the Holes 8-3 in the opener…

get out your brooms, boys…

GO PACK NINE !

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Pack78
    Participant

Good win-love the idiot hole out at second trying to stretch a single into a double while down 5…

freshmanin83
    Participant

I enjoyed that game. Go Pack!

TheCOWDOG

Told ya it was gonna be a cool game.

Love all the unis.

redwolf87
    Participant

Told ya it was gonna be a cool game.

Yes it was. Great night to sit out and watch a baseball game with that kind of hatred.

love the idiot hole out at second trying to stretch a single into a double while down 5…

Pretty much the paraphrase of what I said after he did so with the right fielder holding the ball. Except I think I used “moron”.

44rules
    Participant

Enjoyed watching that game. Glad it was on the tube. Moron, idiot, UNC-CHeat are interchangeable terms.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

freshmanin83
    Participant

It is a good non-conference win.

40YdLine
    Participant

Looks like the boys will break their Friday night losing streak.

"Don't ever give up"

Fastback68
    Participant

8-1

Pack78
    Participant

9-2 final…on to Saturday.

redwolf87
    Participant

Making the trip to Durham tomorrow. If the brooms could come out this would be HUGE (of course not until Sunday).

This team makes Avent look much more like Earl Weaver. Which I like very much. I’m actually disappointed when they score less than 8 or 9 a game.

Freaking Murderer’s Row.

redwolf87
    Participant

I would, however, as a State fan, be remiss in not mentioning the two missed balk calls on that lefty in the mid-innings when Deatherage was on first. Blatant. Way past 45 degrees towards home plate when throwing to first. I saw Steve Carlton get rung up on that once and this was much worse.

Pack78
    Participant

Pack clinches the series with a tight 2-1 win behind stellar work from Brown and the bullpen…

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Wow that game was a replay overturn away from having to be won in extra innings. And I mean a long multi-step replay.
    This team is good. Real good.
    Have to give credit to Duke for a nice play to throw out a State runner at the plate. Real smart play by the second baseman. Can’t remember if it was yesterday or today (I watched them both today).

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Must. Sweep. Tomorrow. Go Pack!!!!!

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Josh 3-4 with a run and Wheel Wilson 1-4 with a run..

YogiNC
    Participant

two missed balk calls on that lefty

It looked like that to me almost every time he threw to 1st. In any event the 20+ minutes on the replays were way too long but for once we are getting calls like that. And YES, THESE GUYS ARE REALLY GOOD!

Smarter than the average bear

WolftownVA81
    Participant

Made the 4.5 hour trek to Durm yesterday. Their pitching was on and ours wasn’t. They hit em where we weren’t and we for the most part hit it to them. Game in nutshell. Agree that the replays were too long. My biggest complaint was the very inconsistent strike zone. Sat behind home plate and you’d see some balls called strikes and vice versa on both teams from inning to inning. Don’t know how the batters could have figured it out. Nice little park. I’d say State attendees outnumbered the Blue Devils three to two.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.