Pack Men BBall v. UNC-G 12/22/15

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Pack Men BBall v. UNC-G 12/22/15

Viewing 9 posts - 126 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    wolfpack92owen
    Participant

I think the trend on this site reflects the trend of NC State athletics. Its hard to be positive about anything right now. And the frustration of it all comes out here. Maybe this site has become our “couch” and a place to vent. Coming off a lack luster football season right into an obvious downward spiral in basketball is like getting coal in your stocking.

Perhaps we all need a visit from the Ghost of Championships Yet to Come.

I have said it earlier but I will say it again. The athletics of NCSU has a mid 90’s feel to it. Like we are in a deep hole and everyone is pretty much accepted that we suck in both revenue sports. There isnt any excitement whatsoever in either sport. Any “big” win is going to be celebrated like there is no tomorrow but at the end of the day we still suck.

I think a win against MissSt would get us back to at least a holding pattern in football and give us some faux hope into the off season. But there is really not stopping the train sliding off the cliff in basketball.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Perhaps we all need a visit from the Ghost of Championships Yet to Come.

I for one would love to have a word with that stingy bastard. And the Ghost of Championships Present Day is a real bitch.

phcqmfd
    Participant

once again 10 ACC wins – you heard it here first

We are doing well in some sports – grappling and running

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

That, and a place where a select few choose to express an attitude and arrogance not so dissimilar from a power mad HOA or a coward with a badge and a gun, only from the safety and security that exists behind a keyboard.

Apologies that I’m going to add more fuel to this travesty of a game thread. Foose, you posted this but it describes your entire SFN persona to a tee.

As for the SFN evolution over time.. the peak of this site in my opinion is when we were ALL united against Lee Fowler while he was still here. Then we got a new AD and made some headway and it kind of slowed down after that. But shortly thereafter we had a run of a couple of years where we could all rejoice and be united in the downfall of the Carolina Way.

Now all that is kind of died down and we find our football program no better off and the basketball team in what looks to be an awful down year with the Cheats soaring above us in both cases. No surprise there’s going to be more folks on the ledge at this moment in time.

tractor57
    Participant

‘Troll I see your point. There has been a bit of progress but the evils that united us are mostly gone now. That said I watch the football and men’s basketball like I always have. Sometimes women’s BB and the other sports as well.
    In some ways I do miss the way this site was when we were so set against Fowler. Not that I miss that jerk at all.

Rick
    Keymaster

Unfortunately we don’t have a lot to pull for nor anything to pull against (ala Fowler). We are in a holding pattern in both sports. DD is going to be here for at least three more years. Hopefully he improves the team but next year is going to be brutal because of the schedule. Gott’s recruiting has been tending downward and this team shows it. He has a great pg coming in but if he doesn’t get some more talent we will look the same next year.

I guess this is better than apathy but frankly that is setting in for many.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Gloom despair and agony on me ohhhhh
    Deep dark depression excessive misery ohhhhh
    If it wern’t fer bad luck we’d had no luck at all ohhhhh
    Gloom despair and agony on me

tractor57
    Participant

Have another jug. Rick makes good points although I might disagree with the full analysis. Regardless it is a long slog and has been a very long slog. My view better but maybe not better enough – FB and BB.

Rick
    Keymaster

Viewing 9 posts - 126 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.