Pack Goes to The Gates For a 12:00 Post

Home Forums All StateFansNation Pack Goes to The Gates For a 12:00 Post

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

Ahhh…a pic so very relevant this week, too. I’ve not set one single foot on the campus of the University of Louisville. Nor, have I ventured inside
    [See the full post at: Pack Goes to The Gates For a 12:00 Post]

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Cuz…

What lane are we starting in?

Does it matter in a two horse race?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

Nope. Don’t matter, but the Cards have the best draw. Post position is fo’ chumps.

Primewolf
    Participant

Will Secretariat do the improbable? It is all the oats, son, and the wolven entry will be loaded.

choppack1
    Participant

Cowdog – first off – top notch writing.

Personally, I think that if we have anywhere near the energy, focus and physicality of last week’s game, the wolfpack Represent a Spectacular Bid. However, there is Genuine Risk here – as Louisville ventures into the red zone and scores more red zone TD’s than anyone in college football.

As good as the offense was last week – this week’s is better. Of course, we know the value of transitive properties here. They don’t apply.

What we do know is that the Wolfpack is competitive nationally in the trenches, behind center and in the backfield. The question remains, can the DB’s, WR’s and LB’s perform at the level they did last week…and can everything about the kicking game (that includes player and coaching execution) – come together for their best effort yet? If we don’t, we’ll be lucky to even feel like Alydar.

Personally, I think that last week Affirmed DD’s efforts as a personnel recruiter and a pre-game prepper. The game management represents room for improvement, but there are very few Triple Crown winners around.

My coaching outlook, especially for football, is decidedly big picture. And while, I’d love the win, place or show in this game, like last game, I just want to be close at the final turn.

TheCOWDOG

Chops!! What a good pull.

In our current times, Alydar sounds good to me, and a few dozen other farms would agree.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Agree with chop, the writing is most excellent, and I have come to look forward to these midweek creative exploits.

On the field, last week certainly gives me hope. But Lamar! is scary. And our brains/hearts/souls could go either way. I just don’t don’t know.

choppack1
    Participant

Absolutely cowdog.

The notre Dame and Clemson games have been a revelation. We had heard/read that our DL was stout – but seeing in both of those games, well we know how some of those farms feel when they see the horses gallop and see their splits and say “by golly, we gott something.”

We may not be ready to race against the best in breed yet every week, but the correct reaction to these last 2 weeks should put a lot of folks on notice… because we definitely should be ready for the big tracks like Del Mar.

(If you can’t tell I haven’t felt this good about the future of football since we were up 7 vs. GA Tech.) You don’t want to serve whine before it’s time and you don’t want to push your young horse too hard – so sit back and hope that the progress we’ve seen evident these last 2 weeks is as legit ad it looks and that it continues.

Royal Wulff
    Participant

^ Chop,are you referring to the 2002 GA Tech game… when GT got an extra play on 3rd down off of their own pre-snap penalty?

^^ CowDog, beautiful extended metaphor, as always. The old troubadour from Monahans, TX would be proud. At this point in the season, I’ve got us somewhere between Bag of Bones (vs ECU) and a mighty good ride on Joe Walker’s Mare (Clemson). I guess One Mint Julep actually was the cause of it all.

YogiNC
    Participant

My My CD, your usually terse commentary tends to hide your true depth as a man of letters. As one who tried to stick by DD it does seem that he and his charges are rising to the task. Big Red is charging up the backstretch and if the competition isn’t careful he could steal one here. Ask Clemson how lucky they felt last Saturday. A Clemson grad at work who was on the 40 yard line last week said he and most around him almost had to get the paddle treatment to restart their hearts when wide right happened. My bet is the locker room was not dejected that afternoon. DD let them know in no uncertain terms that this edition of Big Red is ready for prime time. Yes they were nosed out at the finish, but so have a great many of strong horses. All they need is one more step and it will be their nose in front at the wire. It could happen this week.

Smarter than the average bear

mak4dpak
    Participant

I predict one of 2 things, a blowout by the ville, or win by the Pack. I am leaning toward the latter.

TheCOWDOG

^
    Thanks for showing up in a blog you’ve been pining for.

Digital_Dad
    Participant

We are proven mudders this year. Louisville is home of the “hot brown.” I’d say the signs are lining up nicely for us. Go Pack!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Game Time weather forecast in Louisville…

Partly Cloudy – High 40s – 10% chance of rain, if that…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Pack78
    Participant

Louisville is home of the “hot brown.”

Hmmm-a backhanded reference to the Cardinal basketball scandal?

Fastback68
    Participant

I’m thinking more Go For Gin. Take lead in second and fend off late charges. Just need to break in and flood that field tonight.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

A gem of a write up, CD. Bravo!

Primewolf
    Participant

CD, don’t forget the race will affected by a breed of 8 (I think) stripped donkeys. Will they knock the red and white ponies sideways and backwards so much that even Big Red couldn’t overcome such a handicap.

Adventuroo
    Participant

I think, with absolutely not a farthing of bias to my Big Red WP, that we have a decent shot. Decent of course depends on how the Zeb’s see our OL blocking….and also their aggressive or passive tweeting.

Vegas lines, which I am no expert at, show us as a 19.5 point underdog. That seems a bit overdone….or as it has been posted, our overall team’s performance against such foes have been under misrepresented….

So, we shall see what we shall see. I am optimistic for a victory on a level field. However, I think that Bobby Petrino is actually a bit smarter (and craftier) that the Dabo…It will all comedown to the team that wants it the most. Hopefully, we will not get down 4 or 5 scores, as Louisville’s past conquests have done. IF we play them even, like we did Clemson, then we will find ourselves in a “Position to win”….at the end. And I THINK we will pull it off.

As with all projections, there are no guarantees…..I WILL be disappointed if we forget how good we CAN be and play up to Louisville’s expectations…

GO PACK…

WolftownVA81
    Participant

I too think we have a chance. I would love to see us improve on the amount of penalties we rack up. Limit those and the turnovers and we’re competitive. One strike against us going in – I’m afraid the zebras have decided we have “tendencies” regarding the chop block.

Wufpacker
    Participant

‘Dog, you’re nailing it every time out. My sincere apologies for being an absentee reader thus far and not telling you so before now.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Thanks for a long awaited blog. Now if we can just get a live blog today, that really would be great. Or at least one after the game, if we win, or keep it competitive. Guess we will see. Go Pack!

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

Hit Lamar early and hit him hard. He is nothing but a twig anyways. Go Pack!

Gowolves
    Participant

So Louisville is wearing glow in the dark cleats today for a noon game. Riiiight.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Thanks for a long awaited blog. Now if we can just get a live blog today, that really would be great. Or at least one after the game, if we win, or keep it competitive. Guess we will see. Go Pack!

I suspect BJD is on that as we speak. If not, I’ll toss something up at gametime on the forums.
    Which once again I’d like to remind folks…the forums do exist, and there are generally threads there which don’t necessarily appear on the blog front page.
    http://www.statefansnation.com/forums

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.