No More Losing Streak WOO! Game Thread (Pack/Bees)

Home Forums All StateFansNation No More Losing Streak WOO! Game Thread (Pack/Bees)

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^ that only happens at Grove Stadium…
    ————–

these kids are “young”….

————–

It may be more of a case that TOB ‘delegated’ recruiting to subordinates who could clearly see an uncertain future… In any case, TOB had lost his ‘talent’ at talking to ‘young kids’… age and ‘Semper Fi’ took it’s toll… that and the lingering turmoil of the RW ‘situation’… were the nails in the coffin….

—————

DD and crew clearly do not have any problems ‘talking to young kids’….
    … and so is the future of Pack football is promising…
    … especially when the ‘young kids’ have to consider the alternatives over in the Hole…
    … but another day like today should not surprise anyone… this season or next…

—————

Basketball Team is looking pretty good over in the PNC…

Pop!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

Yawn…

What? Some of you guys searching for decent teams before pushing up daisys only 8 yrs. old?

R-E-L-A-X

Hot seat? Uhn uh. As good as we were once upon a time? Doubtful

8-9 wins in the modern era? Soon come.

choppack1
    Participant

Cow – I’d like to think so. A couple more wins will make that seem more likely.

13OT
    Participant

I was there until about 8 minutes remaining, but then my ride, who NEVER leaves early, said he just couldn’t take any more, so I had to go.

Worst game of the DD era, hands down, as far as I’m concerned.

We’ve become one of America’s worst Division One “power conference” football programs. Tom O’Brien, like George W. Bush, is long gone. The current folks in charge will eventually have to be held accountable.

Wulfpack
    Participant

The 33-point margin was the Wolfpack’s worst home loss since a 37-0 loss to Maryland in 2007. It was also the Wolfpack’s seventh straight ACC home loss and its 13th loss in 14 ACC games.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/11/08/4305647/georgia-tech-routs-nc-state-56.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1#storylink=cpy

Wolfman 9806
    Participant

Pack Football = Always Rebuilding!

john of sparta
    Participant

give me 0.009 points.
    i’ll take Wake.

coyotejoe
    Participant

I agree…at what point do you expect production; one, two, three years? As a supervisor, I am expected to produce now.

mak4dpak
    Participant

What a HOMECOMING???????? I don’t think GT ever punted the ball And Jacoby was definitely the MVP for GT. Turnovers, and continues to overthrow our receviers when they are open for a sure score. Sorry, but now I am starting to see why he lost the starting job at Florida. And the defense could never figure out how to stop the triple option. Except for maybe the one play where we stopped them, only to get a 15 yard penalty to give them a first down, and eventually another score. Not sure I want to even show up next week. Will we beat WF? Who knows?

pakfanistan
    Participant

I agree…at what point do you expect production; one, two, three years? As a supervisor, I am expected to produce now.

Do you bring in 25 new high school grads a year, have 60 of 85 employees with 2 or fewer years of experience, and have turnover rate of 25+ people per year?

mak4dpak
    Participant

On the bright side, Cutcliffe had 4,5,3,3,6 wins in his first 5 years, and now look at them. We are in our second year, and still possible to get 6 wins. As for basketball I would say the team had a successful exhibition game vs. Queens. No stars, but balance among the team, which will take us a long way, with 2 freshmen leading the scoring.

packplantpath
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>coyotejoe wrote:</div>

Do you bring in 25 new high school grads a year, have 60 of 85 employees with 2 or fewer years of experience, and have turnover rate of 25+ people per year?

Clearly we should fire him. He has a nearly 20% turnover rate every year. In fact, he’s never been able to keep his most productive players more than 4 years. UNACCEPTABLE!

Classof89
    Participant

today was a first for me–first game at Carter Finley when the opposing team never punted once. They could have left the guy in Atlanta. Complete domination. we have a long way to go on defense…

I truly believe GaT could have run that @#$% toss sweep 100 times in a row, and we still couldn’t have stopped it for less than 5 yards a single time.

choppack1
    Participant

Packphanistan – I guess these results are acceptable to you.

We seem to have lots of explosive offensive players… But we know our ol isn’t up to speed yet. Hopefully, Samuels doesn’t bolt. He’s just a playmaker and makes the most out of his few touches each game.

Next year, we’ll lose 2 seniors a piece on our ol and DL. Our much malingered secondary will pretty much stay the same. We probably shouldn’t expect more than 1 or 2 wins in the acc. In 2016, we’ll be breaking in a new qb. 2017 is looking like a make or break year!

YogiNC
    Participant

These results are TOTALLY acceptable. Disappointing, yes, acceptable? TOTALLY. 8 years ago Duke had a year just like we had last year, and it took them until last year to be really decent. Took Cutcliff that long and he’s one of the sharpest knives in the drawer as evidenced by selection as coach of the year NATIONAL! Ummmm how many times have we had one of those? We haven’t even had one to make the short list. And it took him 7 years. And you guys are expecting miracles in the second year! You should have hired Mother Teresa, you’d have had a better chance (inside joke for inside help). And let me tell ya, I was at that 37 – 0 Maryland whoppin’. I don’t remember anyone giving TOB heartache to this degree about it.

Smarter than the average bear

Wulfpack
    Participant

The results are what they are. 1-13 and not competitive in a big chunk of those. Even still, a win over Wake gets is to a bowl. And that is progress, sadly enough. That’s just where we are now.

doomsday2008
    Participant

I know how the system works but 6-6 and going to a bowl is a joke. If I was to accept it then who were those six wins against. So you beat Syracuse and Wake and you get to go to a bowl? Oh I forgot to mention those football giants we played in the first 4 games of the season. I know we are not the only school that this happens to. Sure glad I remember the days that 6-5 was very hard to get to a bowl with the 11 game season. At least you had a winning record back then. I know it’s all bout the $$$$$$$…

13OT
    Participant

These results are TOTALLY acceptable? That’s DUKE football you’re talking about. They haven’t cared a hoot about football since the 1980s, when basketball became their gold standard. State has put tons more money and effort into football, and now we’re not even close to Duke on the gridiron. Totally acceptable for State football to be like this? Maybe in the minds of those who long for just a 6-6 season.

The hell of it all is that we’re stuck in a division we can’t possibly win or even contend in when we’re at our best, let alone while we’re struggling. Duke (and UNC), on the other hand, gets to play in a division that would have a hard time (along with us) competing in the AAC and MWC. Duke has faced Clemson once since 2008 and FSU twice since, plus the ACC title game, and was blown out all 4 times. They didn’t have to play these two this season or last, while we had to face them EVERY season.

Until ACC administrators get real and address the badly needed realignment this league needs, not only for geographical and power balance but for rivalries as well, things are not going to get any better, especially for Wake Forest and State fans. They’re going to get worse.

I hate what has happened to State sports, but I hate what’s happened to the ACC even worse. And nobody seems to give a damn about doing anything about it.

mak4dpak
    Participant

If we win out we would be 7-6 going to a bowl. Not 6-6. Perfectly okay, but still a long way to go. We were in the game yesterday, and ready to score a TD, when the demise started. 3 turnovers, and the team quit. Sure our defense sucked, but before that took place, we made their defense look no better. Our QB has got to play smarter, and be more aware. Hopefully he makes better choices vs. WF, and the the tarholes. And couldn’t agree more about the division break down. The coastal teams for the most part suck, while we sit in the Atlantic with FSU, Clemson, Louisville, BC. All bowl bound.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Correction, win out and we are 7-5.

choppack1
    Participant

Correct me if I am wrong, but we’re saying it will take 2 more years to get us to 4-4 in the acc? (For those of you in some unnamed counties that would be our record 2 long years ago.)

I have to admit. This could be a little like the mack brown era where it looks horrendous at first but ends up being the high water mark. I do believe ngaryo needs a new department to head up.

I like dd. I hope he gets the wins all wolfpack fans have been wanting for so many years.

YogiNC
    Participant

You yahoos just don’t get it. 2/3 rds of this team have LESS than 2 years experience. Basically think in these terms, build a pro team out of rookies and second year players and see what you get. That’s what expansion was in the NFL before free agency and those teams SUCKED FOR YEARS. No amount of realignment can change where we are in terms of talent. DD is coaching a junior college team in terms of experience. Think about that in terms of leadership too. These kids are growing up on the field when most college teams grow their players in practice. We have no seniors or juniors to speak of, and certainly next to no RS seniors. Unless you’re a superstar out of high school there is a steep curve playing D1 ball, in terms of knowledge and skills and strength, and even the superstars don’t make it onto the field for a year or two sometimes (think Alabama et. al.). I saw this process taking AT LEAST 4 to 5 years, but in the day and age of instant gratification there are those who continue to have TOTALLY UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS.

Smarter than the average bear

Mike
    Participant

But Yogi, we live in an era of instant gratification. People want results now and dont understand one about building. Gee, it sure takes time to build a house and does not look like any progress is being made. Why dont we just put up the walls already? What are we waiting on? The trees were cut so put the walls up and let’s get moving. The foundation takes a lot longer to build and unfortunately is not pretty in the process. DD is building that foundation but people want walls, a roof, and interior paint colors.

As a Pack fan for a long time, this is painful but positive steps are being made. Someone who knows the game can see progress being made and the program moving in the right direction.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

You yahoos just don’t get it. 2/3 rds of this team have LESS than 2 years experience.

^THIS… plus and the “young kids” are playing their A%%es off for Coach DD”
    They keep that up and the scoreboard will take care of itself…

…nothing more and nothing less…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Someone who knows the game can see progress being made and the program moving in the right direction.

True, but there’s always someone claiming progress is being made even if it isn’t visible in the W/L record….and those someones rarely meet your qualification of “knowing the game”. I’ve seen this scenario played out twice a year for the last 20 years that I’ve been on the internet. I’m not from MO, but I want to be shown; not just told.

PS for the overly sensitive – None of this says that I’m rooting for DD’s dismissal. For me, there is not enough evidence to say either way.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 167 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.