NFL Divisional Playoff Round, College Basketball Weekend Open

Home Forums All StateFansNation NFL Divisional Playoff Round, College Basketball Weekend Open

Viewing 10 posts - 101 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Tough loss for the Broncos. Hope that is not the end of Peyton’s career as he has been a joy to watch.

This sets up very well for Brady and the Pats. A Patriots/Seahawks Super Bowl would be great.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Go Packers! A buddy and I are seriously considering a fast ferry ride to Seattle if we can work out the details. I’m a longtime Packers fan and a fairly newly minted Seahawks fan. I hope Rodgers heals a bit more so GB can make it a game.

Rick
    Keymaster

So Peyton had one more playoff win than Tebow.

ancsu87
    Participant

Priceless. I laughed hard at that observation.

ancsu87
    Participant

I got all that the first time. However I am guessing most people here, if put in his shoes, would bitch about it was handled to.

Not me. You do realize his behavior in large part contributed to the decision, right?

Yes accumulation of his behavior over the years plus a demand for a salary/behavior that did not fit with what the Panthers wanted to do under the new GM. I don’t think how the decision was handled and communicated, on both sides, was professional. After the decision I agree the Panthers took the high road and Steve Smith was .. Well .. Steve Smith.

He was a career Panther. Makes sense to me he would prefer to retire as one.

ancsu87
    Participant

^ But I understand your point (forgot to add).

Texpack
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Rick wrote:</div>

Priceless. I laughed hard at that observation.

And one more than TJ Yates

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

“Hope that is not the end of Peyton’s career as he has been a joy to watch”
    I’m kindda hoping he does retire. I’ve been a huge fan of Manning’s dating back to his days at Tennessee and I’d hate to see him struggle through another year if his body and physical abilities have declined so far that he can’t be really competitive.

If you look at his splits, he had a pretty significant decline in the second half of the season. Not a big drop off in Y/A or completion percentage but the TD:Int ratio went from 5:1 to 1.5:1. Could be a sign of his body not being able to answer the bell.

I’m really curious what BJD thought of the booing during the game. Was it directed at Peyton, the coaches, the team or the overall situation?

And oh yeah, Aaron Rodgers is un-freakin’-believable.

Gowolves
    Participant

Thanks ANCSU87 for letting me know what I shouldn’t do.(Sarcasm) At least I have the balls to admit what 90% of the people who also do the same thing to athletes they extremely dislike. If you don’t believe that then either you have never played sports or you have your head in the sand.

My point was he doesn’t deserve to retire a Panther. Your mouth and the things you say do have consequences.

Wulfpack
    Participant

John Fox and the Broncos part ways. This has all the makings of an implosion in Denver. I think we, sadly, saw the last of Manning. Tough way to go out. But a stellar career.

Viewing 10 posts - 101 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.