NCSTATE # 24. AP Coaches Poll

Home Forums StateFans Football NCSTATE # 24. AP Coaches Poll

Viewing 4 posts - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Greywolf
    Participant

Grey and I both were blasted pretty heavily for our beliefs that DD was going to be successful.

Yogi, I thought I was being stalked. Every favorable comment I made about Doeren and the Pack drew some sort of insult — usually about my intelligence or sanity or geritol. I don’t use geritol but they might be right about the other. 😉

freshmanin83
    Participant

Let them eat crow.

tractor57
    Participant

As I have posted all along I saw some progress. I din’t expect a breakout like this but it was more than welcome. Yes I realize the team still has some weaknesses to develop but I think coach D might have turned the corner. Of course next week, next year might be different. Given our situation when he was hired I thought a decent call. As much as I liked TOB he basically coasted into retirement and emptied out most all talent from the program. That in my opinon is one reason it has taken so long to regain footing.

YogiNC
    Participant

Not only was the cupboard bare there wasn’t a cupboard. Three years ago State was the second youngest team in D1, not only didn’t we have talent or senior players but quite a few of them just quit, left the team. Non-believers I think was term. I wonder how many wished they had bought in and stayed?

One thing that stood out to me as I watched the Dline rush Jackson. Rarely was there just one in his face or chasing him, and considering he had one long run but only 73 yards means he was no where near as successful as he usually is. And I admit Chubb is a LOAD BUT he has some buddies on that line that are pretty darned special too. And that line has backups that come in and out and I didn’t see much drop off when any of the #1s were getting spelled for a breather.

This team in many ways is more special than the 2002 team IMO. There aren’t many weaknesses anywhere. I was really worried about losing Dayes but Hines just wound up being next man up!

Smarter than the average bear

Viewing 4 posts - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.