NC State’s fan support propels Pack into Belk Bowl

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State’s fan support propels Pack into Belk Bowl

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

In the middle of the afternoon of the bowl selection Sunday LAST SEASON, NC State was preparing for a trip to Charlotte to participate in the Belk Bow
    [See the full post at: NC State’s fan support propels Pack into Belk Bowl]

Fastback68
    Participant

One year too late. I had to eat Georgia bulldog tickets last December.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Awesome. I’ll be there.

Pack78
    Participant

Opponent is Miss St.-hope that they can’t bring those #*%@ cowbells into the stadium-Carrie Underwood is the featured performer-we will have a large group there!

pack_time
    Participant

Talked to one of my friends at auburn who’s a recruiting assistant, he is not sure but he believes that Auburn is coming to Charlotte.

Wulfpack
    Participant

It is confirmed that our opponent is Miss State. 12/30 at 3:30pm.

Fastback68
    Participant

Dirty Dozen, ACC North side, wear ear protection for cowbell

mak4dpak
    Participant

Great news! I was dreading a trip to Annapolis, thinking we were ruled out for the Belk bowl. Now it is time to go win a bowl game.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I’m grateful we play a legit opponent and get another chance for a statement win.

Wufpacker
    Participant

TheCOWDOG

Oooh…Shades of Starkville, and a precurssor of matchups to come.

john of sparta
    Participant

a lower mid-pack SEC against us.
    we will find out how far we have to go.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Don’t think it would qualify as a statement win necessarily (unranked and T-5th in their division at .500), but should be a fun and competitive game nonetheless.

Heelh8r
    Participant

a lower mid-pack SEC against us.

Haha wonder what they are saying about us??
    I think a win would be a pretty important statement in representing the ACC in a tier 1 bowl, beating the almighty SEC, and show that we can compete with P-5 conference teams that are not bottom dwellers. All of our confidence has to be shaken after that unspeakable debacle of our last game.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Probably NOT the place for this….but feel the need for it to be brought up.

If you were in Kenan on October 9, 2004, you saw a call that will live forever in infamy. Jim Knight (the Ref that died there the year before and was recessitated) ruled TA’s Knee was DOWN…and the #25 Pack fell. A year or so later, Woody Durham quipped….”Wonder where TA is now…or TA’s listening to this in Albermarle….” or some other classless comments.

What goes around…..comes around. Last night to a pack HOUSE that was only 25 – 30% BLUE, an official made a judgement error. If you look at the photos and the videos, he did NOT see but ONE “body” near the far side of the field AND assumed it was one player. When the man to the right of the kicker broke to the near side (as in a pulling guard), he called offsides….as he thought there were only 3 men (remaining) to the right of the kicker PRIOR to the kick.

SO, now, UNC knows how it feels.

I for one, plan on a little adult beverage tonight and will salute TA. He has done been avenged.

What is MORE laughable is the Orlando Bowl that UNC is going to. For those of you that DID not go the Citrus Bowl in the late 90’s or early 2000’s when Chucky took us to Orlando….let me give you MY recollection. Great Hotel….Good Weather…..plenty of hot honey’s in bikini’s sunning their white bodies….good pep rally….good entertainment. LOUSY STADIUM and VENUE.

We did not travel with the WPC as the hotel was too high…BUT, the Hotel was booking and my travel agent got us discount rooms….NICE Pool Side (no binoculars needed). We talked to the WPC and the Charter Bus operators sold us tickets for the bus ride to and back from the Stadium. There was an Alumni meal there. GOOD.

BUT, on the way, we rode through the sleaziest parts of Orlando. Ladies of the evening plying their trade and showing their wares at 4:30. Barkers out promoting the Totally NUDE Adult Clubs (OK, Orlando DOES have some good attractions)…..and there were bars and dives on either side of the street. The elderly (he was 82….not a LIE….82) bus driver said if there was a breakdown, he would call the police and then a tow truck….

The Stadium was OLD….it reminded me of the UAB (Birmingham) stadium. NOT an NFL venue. Rest rooms were the pits and the potty parity was so off scale that my wife stood in line for 15 minutes to pee and she said she was about to perch on the seat as the commode was somewhere that HER bottom was not gonna sit…

THAT, my wuffie friends, is where UNC is going and I am happy for them….they are getting what they richly deserve.

BUT, make no bones about it….they are 11 – 2 and we ain’t even CLOSE…but we DO get to go to a nice venue and will be there with the GK’s.

GO PACK….good SHOW…need to win one for TA…

BJD95
    Keymaster

No, the Cowbells are plenty good. They went into the Egg Bowl playing for basically the SEC’s “#2 seed” overall (they lost). After Bama and Johnny Reb, their resume is as good as anyone else’s in the league. Beat Pig Sooey on the road next to last week of the season.

blpack
    Participant

Another team who is about like we are, maybe a little better. Great chance for the Pack to get a W and end the season on a high note. I like our chances.

Zaphod
    Participant

LOL…I was at the ’94 Peach Bowl, in the official NCSU administration section, but somebody sold their tickets to the seats right beside me to a Mississippi State fan and his son. I was all I could do to keep from grabbing those damn cowbells and crushing them. Glad we won that game…

Wufpacker
    Participant

LOL…I was at the ’94 Peach Bowl, in the official NCSU administration section, but somebody sold their tickets to the seats right beside me to a Mississippi State fan and his son. I was all I could do to keep from grabbing those damn cowbells and crushing them. Glad we won that game…

Anyone who was there will never forget that sound in the enclosed dome.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Simple way to keep the cowbells out. Miss St. fans have to leave their wives outside the stadium.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Just like us, the Bulldogs lack any kind of signature win. Their best was a 51-50 win over 7-5 Arkansas a couple of weeks ago. They played LSU very tough in a 21-19 loss the second game of the year. I see this as being a very close and physical contest. A win hopefully can give us some confidence heading into what is a much more difficult schedule next year.

AsheWolf
    Participant

The Bulldawgs finished the season ranked #25 by Sagarin and they played the 28th toughest SOS. We finished at #47 and played the 66th SOS. They are ranked ahead of Louisville (35) and VaTech (46). It will take a very good game for us to win.

ryebread
    Participant

Winnable? Yes. Likely? No. Take Miss State and the points. We’re not going to match up well in this one.

I’d have much rather bowled down with a chance to build some momentum going into recruiting season.

Rick
    Keymaster

Just like us, the Bulldogs lack any kind of signature win. Their best was a 51-50 win over 7-5 Arkansas a couple of weeks ago. They played LSU very tough in a 21-19 loss the second game of the year. I see this as being a very close and physical contest. A win hopefully can give us some confidence heading into what is a much more difficult schedule next year.

So they have beaten a P5 team with a winning record. If we beat them it will be our first.

rthomas44
    Participant

TA fumbled the ball at Ohio state as Rivers was leading a come from behind. He cost State more than one win.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.