NC STATE vs GEORGIA TECH PREVIEW

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC STATE vs GEORGIA TECH PREVIEW

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 374 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Keymaster

Notice the 2-3 ft cushion we are giving now. The tone has been set, State players know you can’t guard a man or you’ll be called for a foul.

Then we will hear the whole ‘state cannot play defense’crap now. They are not ALLOWED TO play defense.

Bull crap

BJD95
    Keymaster

I haven’t watched an NBA game in well over a decade.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I am not a conspiracy guy…

I’m not either, but the brazenness of this group is hard to deny. When I first heard about the KH on the shoes at the ACC Tournament, I honesty thought it was satire. And don’t think for a moment it was only those 3.

How many blantant, obvious fouls have gone uncalled? This isn’t a highly visible, marquee game, so then feel they can get away with it, because they can.

They pick and chose their spots, but the bias is there. They’ve studied our tendencies, after all.

Texpack
    Participant

The team that drives the ball is getting their asses handed to them on their defensive glass. That is how GT got their FTs. We should have shot a few more.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

I will admit that neither of our PGs can shoot, and our players, in general, are poor free throw shooters. Really tough to watch Cat put up these horrible shots. And we aren’t rebounding the ball at all.

Rick
    Keymaster

Enough whining about the refs. Our coaches need to coach better and our players need to play better.

Told you. It is predictable.

You can fellate the refs all you want but anyone with a lick of sense can see it

BJD95
    Keymaster

We dug our own grave by staying in this lousy conference, and not even staying noisily which might have gotten some “reform” concessions.

Tau837
    Participant

Regardless of the officiating, Georgia Tech is outplaying us, and it’s not close.

They can shoot from the outside. We can’t.
    They can move the ball well on offense. We can’t.
    They can rebound effectively. We can’t.
    They can make a solid percentage of their free throws when they get to the line. We can’t.

Very little of that has to do with the officiating.

eas
    Participant

No reason WBS should continue to ride the pine this much. He needs to split more minutes with CAT.

There is obviously little love between WBS and Gott.

Rick
    Keymaster

We dug our own grave by staying in this lousy conference, and not even staying noisily which might have gotten some “reform” concessions.

+1

I have no idea if we really had a chance to leave but we should have made a ton of noise about leaving. Of course the corrupt political cabal in nc would have never let us go

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

It’s a good thing I don’t let this kind of crap effect me beyond the game anymore.

Tau837
    Participant

Finally, a 3 pointer by Lewis. Hopefully that will spark both him and our offense.

Tau837
    Participant

Yes! Lewis is sparked. This could make things interesting for the rest of this game and beyond.

BJD95
    Keymaster

4 fouls on KW (our most effective midrange option), and he hasn’t touched anyone yet.

Great to see WBS hit some shots.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

WBS is keeping us in the game, our defense is trying to lose it.

Rick
    Keymaster

Regardless of the officiating, Georgia Tech is outplaying us, and it’s not close.

They can shoot from the outside. We can’t.
    They can move the ball well on offense. We can’t.
    They can rebound effectively. We can’t.
    They can make a solid percentage of their free throws when they get to the line. We can’t.

Very little of that has to do with the officiating.

How are you supposed to score when you cannot drive without getting clobbered with no foul calls?

How is it that the team shooting all the threes gets twice add many free throws?

I get it, bad coaching derp derp derp.

I am in no way a huge Gott fan but top deny what is obvious is absurd

eas
    Participant

Good job WBS. Gott will prolly take you out immediately now lol.

Tau837
    Participant

Disagree BJD. On his last foul, KW reached on Miller and definitely fouled him. At this point, I don’t remember the others.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Pop goes our little bubble.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Pick your spots Tyler.

eas
    Participant

We running a new version of the spread offense now.

ILPackfan
    Participant

Nice pump fake by RT there.

Tau837
    Participant

Rick, when you are on the wrong end of the foul calls, you have to raise your game. Or quit. Do you advocate quitting? I assume not. Our players and coaches cannot control the calls, but they can control our play. That needs to be the focus. And I’m sure it is their focus. I wish it could be ours as State fans.

Other fans view State fans as whiny fans, and this thread illustrates why.

BJD95
    Keymaster

BSW’s willingness to take the two is a HUGE benefit.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Ref: “I’m terribly sorry Coach, I should have called that ‘travel,’ I won’t miss it next time, my apologies, and please do tell your mother I said hello.”

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 374 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.