NC STATE vs GEORGIA TECH PREVIEW

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC STATE vs GEORGIA TECH PREVIEW

Viewing 24 posts - 351 through 374 (of 374 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Wolfpack Women’s Hoops defeats GT on the road, 80-73 final.

Now 18-3 overall, 5-2 ACC.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Congrats to both teams. The women TCB and the men gut one out.

Rick
    Keymaster

Glad to see both teams win.

I promised top take my daughter to as game. It looks like the unc game will be the first

redcanine
    Participant

No more Happy Meals for Wee Baby Seamus. That Burger Boy has grown an appetite. He hongry!

Great game, Tyler.

tobaccordshow
    Keymaster

Oh, wow.

The refs had everything to do with that win. Very, very good game for the zeebs letting State play.

To not see that is…well…absurd.

Tell me you’re kidding, right? There was clear contact on the play. Either it was a block or a charge. That would’ve been a laughable no call. The fact of the matter is, the GT player used his forearm, extended his forearm, and shoved our guy to the floor. That is, by definition, an offensive foul.

TheCOWDOG

Bill…I couldn’t concentrate on the zone D. I was too busy watching the REFS.

Look, it seems clear to me that Gottfried has been spending a helluva lotta time tuning up the zone. It’s been my opinion that in this day and age, zones rule…aggressive zones, not laid back zones…pressure zones.

One only needs to look Petino, for instance. State’s got one guy built for M to M in Barber.

TheCOWDOG

Tshow, I’m dead serious. Every foul I saw called today was indeed a foul.

You know that I can’t stand the predictable nature of certain fans.

Even more apparent to me is that State gets bumped around goin’ to the hole a lot, because they go there out of control so much.
    You simply won’t get the call.

Tshow, the zeebs had an average game.

choppack1
    Participant

I will take the win….nc state may test the RPI formula. Right now, we have a very good RPI for whom we have beaten. We have been destroyed by good teams while eaking out a lot of victories. As a result, our kenpom and sagarin suck.

Glad to see us win, especially glad to see t. Lewis play so well.

Prowling Woofie
    Participant

Tyler and Vandy saved the day today…

Good contributions by several players.

Gotta rebound better the next two games – FSU and UNX

Rick
    Keymaster

Tobacco,
    How do you send personal messed on this site?

tractor57
    Participant

A link from the Greensboro News and Record on the game
    http://www.news-record.com/sports/article_e11c2b4e-86d1-11e3-a8fb-001a4bcf6878.html

BJD95
    Keymaster

I thought we went zone more to cover for WBS (who is not suited to playing man defense, but did pretty well in the quasi-zone today – it looked like a hybrid junk defense to me, V would have been proud). WBS did VERY good work on offense today. If he keeps that up, he will certainly play more. I have never seen MG not play him when he’s going good. Problem is, he’s NOT been playing well before today, even worse – he had been tentative. Tentative Tyler is useless.

Caveat – GT didn’t really have the personnel to exploit WBS on defense. That may not be the case with FSU, and DEFINITELY won’t be the case with U*NC. Locking down Paige is the key to beating the Holes. Though we could perhaps rely on Des to do that when Cat isn’t in the game.

Gowolves
    Participant

The Pack had an advantage on points in the paint by a good margin but was out rebounded by I think 11. Don’t usually see stats like that.

Tau837
    Participant

The first three pointer Tyler hit today could end up as one of the biggest plays of our season. It turned today’s game and could shake him out of his funk going forward.

TheCOWDOG

Beej …I believe that you are damned near nuts on about the zone. It had elements of the matchup, but wasn’t.

The extension was well done, sans the weak side, though.

Rick
    Keymaster

Some interesting comments. I agree on Wbs, that could be the biggest shot. Bjd is right on the zone. Paige is key to unc. MacDonald is hurting unc in my opinion.

One thing is obvious. Sometimes age brings wisdom, sometimes it just brings aches.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Is it me (or maybe my TV), or is Clemson sporting a slightly less offensively creamsicle shade of orange than is usual?

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Loved seeing some more zone today. Our problem is that our best 5 on offense just aren’t the best 5 defensively. Doesn’t matter if we’re in man or zone. From the start of the year, I thought the best 5 on offense would be Barber/Lewis, Lee, Turner, Warren, and one of the bigs. I loved seeing Lee and Turner on the court together with Warren and a big. That’s clearly our most consistent offense. Lee really rebounds well out of the 2 spot, reminds me of Bruce Dalrymple from GT years ago. But unfortunately, our other slots don’t rebound as well. In the zone today, rebounding nearly killed us. We got crushed on the boards. I love Washington’s energy in the zone on defense. But I just don’t think he’s solid enough in the middle of the zone. Big V is much better equipped right now.

Wufpacker
    Participant

One thing is obvious. Sometimes age brings wisdom, sometimes it just brings aches.

Would that we could choose which.
    My left shoulder aches almost daily, but I don’t feel any smarter.

Rick
    Keymaster

JMM has had a Terrance Morris type nba draft collapse.

Toy cost him a fortune by convincing him to stay

choppack1
    Participant

Go wolves – you that combo (more points in paint yet being out rebounded) almost every game we play vs. Decent rebounding team.

If we rebounded better we would have enjoyed basketball a lot more this season and last.

Rick
    Keymaster

Go wolves – you that combo (more points in paint yet being out rebounded) almost every game we play vs. Decent rebounding team.

If we rebounded better we would have enjoyed basketball a lot more this season and last.

This is true. There’s is no reason for us not to be better at rebounding. Plenty of size and athleticism.

BJD95
    Keymaster

If KH had a vertical of more than 6 inches, he would be an unstoppable rebounder. His hands are incredible (in addition to his reach).

Had GT made that last shot, you could fault MG for having WBS on the court defensively instead of Cat. WBS basically got a hand in front of his belly button on the release. Not much of a hindrance.

choppack1
    Participant

Bjd – his offense-defense substitutions don’t always make sense to me. I thought it was a bad move to take vandy out on Wake’s last possession too.

Viewing 24 posts - 351 through 374 (of 374 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.