NC State at Wake Forest Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State at Wake Forest Preview

Viewing 7 posts - 226 through 232 (of 232 total)
  • Author
    Yosef5
    Participant

So I can’t quite tell…was it 4 steps or 5 steps taken on Wake’s game-winning shot? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoST0K8nog8

MrPlywood
    Participant

WTH? You guys were supposed to hold down the fort!

Wulfpack
    Participant

Gott lost me last year, and nothing I have seen this year is likely to bring me back. He just does not seem to have the fire, and it translates to the kids on the floor. We aren’t going dancing this year – probably not even NIT. Next year will secure his fate.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Agree about the digs on Barber. Check that dung at the door. As Bill said, if it weren’t for Barber we’d be much worse. He in fact is one of the few bright spots on the season. The problem is the lack of talent and experience around him. That is on the head coach in year three.

Prowling Woofie
    Participant

At Duke on Saturday.

Will anybody waste their time watching that one, given what we’ve come to expect from this team ? I can bet that I’ll find something more constructive to do…like poke my eyes out with a stick.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Quick recap….did a little more stat work and also thinking
    Jamie Luckie; Sean Hull; Bryan (I love KH) Dorsey

Average Fouls per Game for the Trio – 38.8
    Wake – 26 & State – 26 = Total of 52
    1st half – 23 & 2nd half – 29
    35.4% over the Season Average for this team.

Standard Deviation for this Trio – 8.5

Therefore, this Trio was almost 1.5 X that or 50% higher. Their averages THIS year are running 10% or so higher than last year. They may have had a season high for called fouls….but there is still a lot of BB.

Bear in mind that last night’s game was NOT a “comeback by FOULING” game. It was just pure WHISTLE BLOWING….admittedly, on BOTH ENDS.

BUT, having said that, then the inconsistency is worse as they called 25% MORE fouls in the second half than the first half….totally inconsistent based on the flow and strategy at the end.

The outcome of the game may or may not have been the same, but the flow and pace of it was totally disrupted or maybe DOMINATED by the whistles….

I may have a scientific explanation….the CO from the Demon Deacon’s Harley impacted the Zeb’s. They had to do many short, violent exhales through a restrictive orifice to clear their lungs. The WF players had been on O2 prior to the game and the CO did not impact them as much….

We WERE in a Position to Win and did not….it is an L and it will always be that way…

Mike
    Participant

Yosef, I also thought it was a travel. When the ref blew the whistle I thought for sure he was going to call the travel, but instead got the phantom foul.

The last dribble was at the 3 point line, then one two three and four steps until the release of the ball.

That also does not include the stutter steps before the last dribble when he is carrying the ball.

I am not blaming the refs for calling it one-sided, because both teams benefitted from phantom calls. But when the entire team is saddled with foul trouble, it greatly affects the way one plays/finishes the game.

Viewing 7 posts - 226 through 232 (of 232 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.