NC STATE at PITTSBURGH Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC STATE at PITTSBURGH Preview

Viewing 14 posts - 401 through 414 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    tjfoose1
    Participant

Buckets is just really good at basketball.

Yeah, maybe. But he ain’t improved a lick, right Jigs? 🙂

MattN
    Participant

Can you imagine how good TJ would be next year if he came back? He’s the same age at DT was in 1973.

BJD95
    Keymaster

He’s not coming back. I promise.

The most amazing part of Buckets’ season is how he’s transformed himself from a signpost to a plus-plus defender. I wouldn’t be surprised if he made first-team ACC defense, too.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

That numbnuts Goodman basically

Anytime anyone from cbssports writes anything about State, you can be assured that they are trolling for mouse clicks. The next time they write anything good about State or State fans will be the first time.

TheCOWDOG

Thompson was 19 in ’73.
    Warren is 20.

Beej…I absolutely concurr that boy belongs on the all-D team.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Updated the comparison between Pitt’s collapse and the one that drove Herb out of town.

http://www.statefansnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Pitt-NCSU_2.jpg

From Jerry Palm on Pitt

We welcome Pittsburgh to the bottom of the bracket and to the bubble after another home loss to a non-contender. This time, it was North Carolina State taking down the Panthers. They have just one win over a likely tournament team (Stanford in New York). They also have a bad non-conference schedule. That’s not a great combination.

Here’s another nugget about UNC and the ACC in general:

North Carolina won its 12th straight conference game, but the most remarkable thing about that is they did so beating only one sure tournament team (Duke), and one bubble team (Pitt), both at home. It used to be you couldn’t go a week without playing a potential tournament team in the ACC.

pakfanistan
    Participant

i think the staff talked to him about picking up silly fouls, and I think it worked.

Not sure serious…

I am assuming Luckie was not reffing as TJ averages 4 plus fouls per game when he refs. Other than that he averages just over 2. At least last time I checked it was that.

Outside of the Luckie factor, if we play Duke or UNC he will have foul trouble.

Luckie was one of the refs.
    http://statsheet.com/mcb/games/2014/03/03/nc-state-74-pittsburgh-67

TheCOWDOG

Luckie bailed our guys out a couple times in the strech run, while McDermitt(?) had that whistle glued to his teeth.

vtpackfan
    Participant

I haven’t watched Doug McDermott play much, but I ask, if you were a GM who would you take?

They are vastly different specimens but have a lot of similarities IMO.

13OT
    Participant

Pitt is NOT going to be a bubble team. They’ve already earned an NCAAT bid and will be there with UVA, Duke, Syracuse and UNC. I don’t see a 6th ACC team getting a bid, unless FSU wins two this week and makes it to the ACCT finals.

Warren should be the POY in the ACC. I wish him well in the NBA, although I believe he’ll struggle initially because the larger and taller NBA defenders won’t allow as many of those floaters as he’s getting off in college. One more year in college would help him a great deal, but who would want to come back for another year of THIS?

Without Warren next season, we will be a team that not only can’t (or won’t) play defense, but a team that can’t play serious offense.

Maybe I missed something, but why did Washington and Lewis sit out much of the 2nd half?

BJD95
    Keymaster

Without Warren next season, we will be a team that not only can’t (or won’t) play defense, but a team that can’t play serious offense.

Maybe I missed something, but why did Washington and Lewis sit out much of the 2nd half?

Defense. Hipster Cat played the last 13 minutes without a break. And the energy he expended on EVERY defensive possession the last 5 minutes (guarding Pitt’s best player and almost totally containing him, despite giving up 5 inches and 40+ pounds) was nothing short of heroic. He and his new ponytail are up for lots of praise during film study this week.

We have two players that merit first-team all-ACC defensive consideration (Buckets, Hipster Cat). Yet, we are still probably the worst defensive team in the league, overall. That’s how bad Vandy, WBS, and BSW are defensively. KW isn’t far behind those three.

BJD95
    Keymaster

The thing that’s gets lost in the shuffle and wrongly shoved under the “athleticism” umbrella is how smart (at least in terms of BBIQ, but I bet their regular IQs are at least 120) both Buckets and Hipster Cat are. They recognize and anticipate what their opponents are trying to do on offense. Yes, they also have the quickness to back up that recognition and anticipation – but without the mental aspect, it would be irrelevant.

Pack is back in Atl
    Participant

As an 84 graduate I remember the best years. The last year of Stormin Norman, the selection of V, and finally 1983. I also remember Duke’s selection of K and how he struggled in the early years. However we will all agree that K has been hugely successful. I think that much of K’s success comes from attention to detail. Take a look at how he has interacted with Jabari Parker.

I hope that our all star staff is giving such detailed instruction.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Our women lose to ND again, but expected with Gatlin on the bench. But unx falls twice to Duke within hours men and women. What a perfect ending to a day. Now I don’t have to hear the trash talking holes fans. Yessssss!

Viewing 14 posts - 401 through 414 (of 414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.