NC State #8 in the East — Plays LSU

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State #8 in the East — Plays LSU

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

I DVR’d the Iowa State/Okie semi-final Friday night. Maybe the most entertaining non-partisan game I’ve seen all year.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Comments…..and humor is challenged due to head cold – ugly weather in G’boro….spent too much time outside with too little alcohol.

UNC (Hahvad of the South) versus the REAL Harvard (coached by a Dook Grad and Dook assistant). Obviously the Computer that the selection committee used has a REAL sense of humor. Can you imagine the SIGNS in the crowd if there were an ACC Match Up? Real Student Athletes who ATTEND classes versus Pretend Student Athletes who have a “Hall Monitor” so that they really DO have to attend classes?
    That is the best match up of the day.

Second Best….John Wooden’s ghost is alive. UCLA, who go dismantled….I mean cut up, stomped on, run over, ground up and then burned….but still survived. It was KY 41 and UCLA 7 @ half. Then final was 83 – 44. Cal ran out of cheerleaders or it would have been worse…and UCLA makes the cut. Sounds like the NCAA heiarchy had a hand in this one….as it ranks as the most inept selection of the day. Miami has requested a review….as well they should.

Don’t understand Archie’s Flyers got a play in. Wonder if Davidson will be allowed to use their Tuxedo Speedo FT diversion…..and they got in….without a play in.

It appears that Roy’s coaching history is being embellished by the OAT that only hear part of what is whispered into their ear pieces. Roy has HOW many “Straight” NCAA appearances? Say WHAT? Charlie Scott was the FIRST ACC Black Scholly? NOPE…it was UMD. Dean’s minister challenged his to offer a Scholly to a Black Athlete….that was a SLAP in the face of the UNC Racial Policies. The first UNC Black Attendee was issued a “swim card”….which they then revoked. The graduates on several sides of him (alphabetically) chose NOT to WALK or attend their OWN Graduation. The IRONY was that….that UNC was the most racially prejudiced campus in the ACC….save USC? BUT, the press did not study the history or read the “Black Student Memories” on the UNC web pages. NCSU had a Black Golf Team Captain in the 50’s.

Finally….and then the rant is over…..

We GOTT to have a good game against LSU. I hope that Turner lives in the Case Center and shoots more jump shots than the fake UNC classes. He has GOTT to have a good game..

GO PACK….onto to Pittsburg…..

wufpup76
    Keymaster

A chance for Purvis to shine!

Really, when you think about it, it would be great exposure for Purvis to show off his leet jumpshooting skills in Madison Square Garden at the NIT Final 4

(*snicker*)

Gowolves
    Participant

Don’t sleep on Northern Iowa. Louisville will have all they can handle with them. If the Pack are fortunate to get to the sweet 16 I would not be surprised with a match up them.

Trout
    Participant

I hate the NC Central didn’t win the tourney and get a NCAAT invite, but they could do some real damage in the NIT

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yeah, I think UNI is the likely foe. And we would beat ’em. LIKELY beat ’em. 75/25 proposition, like LSU.

Trout
    Participant

Kiss of death, Jay Williams just said we would beat Nova

JeremyH
    Participant

we always get to be that team that *could* “surprise” someone. so what else do we know about LSU..

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Kiss of death, Jay Williams just said we would beat Nova

I don’t know, on one hand I’m glad to not be alone in thinking so highly of State’s talent level and ability. On the other, I hope Gottfried has mandated ‘positive press’ ear plugs for the entire team.

Just keep feeding them Kellog’s nonsense over and over.

JeremyH
    Participant

so I guess the Purdue loss wasn’t that bad after all..

Wulfpack
    Participant

Here’s a little blurb about LSU:

LSU Tigers (46): In the sophomore tandem of Jarrell Martin and Jordan Mickey, the Tigers have a legitimate NBA frontcourt, one that often does its best work on the defensive end. The Tigers also have a thing for horrendous, glaring unforced errors. It’s not exactly an ideal characteristic come March.

JeremyH
    Participant

maybe they should tell UNC and Wisconsin get their game together out of the way. That region is light and fluffy.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

we always get to be that team that *could* “surprise” someone. so what else do we know about LSU..

Athletic, some talent – horrible, horrible decision making. Wildly inconsistent. Smart, disciplined ball will beat them 9 out of 10. Also to note on the ‘focus’ and ability aspects – Tigers went 25-44 from the FT line in their OT loss to Auburn. That says a lot. Hornsby is their (poorer) version of Turner. Neutralize the guards, let the big men make mistakes and bad decisions. Get them in foul trouble – you don’t do that by settling for contested jumpers.

If we play to their whims though it would be a long afternoon. They hurt you when you let them hurt you. They’re a terrible match-up for a team like West Virginia. West Virginia’s style of play is not smart, decision-making basketball – LSU’s athletes feasted. Against teams that execute, LSU is behind the 8-ball.

JeremyH
    Participant

Here’s a little blurb about LSU:

LSU Tigers (46): In the sophomore tandem of Jarrell Martin and Jordan Mickey, the Tigers have a legitimate NBA frontcourt, one that often does its best work on the defensive end. The Tigers also have a thing for horrendous, glaring unforced errors. It’s not exactly an ideal characteristic come March.

so as long as our jumpers are falling, we’ll be good? : ) story of the season
    sounds like a nice test for our rotating “bruisers”.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I would rather listen to commercials than Vitale

Trout
    Participant

Teams with best chance to make it to Final Four, according to ESPN BPI

Kentucky 81%, Wisconsin 46%, Gonzaga 43%, UVA 38%, Nova 36%, Arizona 36%, Duke 27%

JeremyH
    Participant

we also have some chance, .1%

Fastback68
    Participant

So how many 7 foot lurches do we have to deal with in our bracket?

pack_time
    Participant

LSU’s Jordan Mickey has injured shoulder. Only played 16 min. and only scored 1 point, compared to his average 34 mpg. and 17 ppg. When LSU played Kentucky MIckey played like an equivalent to Lacey. If Mickey doesn’t play or is not at full strength States chances go up big time.

JeremyH
    Participant

heh, Wofford beating us was like their signature win. you’re welcome Wofford.

BJD95
    Keymaster

HWSNBN did get in, but as a 5 seed. Will have to chop wood on the road.

BJD95
    Keymaster

heh, Wofford beating us was like their signature win. you’re welcome Wofford.

Cincy likely doesn’t get in without beating us. We just give until it hurts, damn it.

JeremyH
    Participant

ha, you really sat through the NIT selection show? nice.

JeremyH
    Participant

Jay Williams has us against UVA in the elite 8. What the… moonshine kickbacks back home?

BJD95
    Keymaster

ha, you really sat through the NIT selection show? nice.

I am pretty sure I was dropped on my head a lot as a small child. I am indeed the eldest, so there are no reliable, unbiased witnesses.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.