NC State #8 in the East — Plays LSU

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State #8 in the East — Plays LSU

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Packzingo
    Participant

Hey Chop, not sure but I think Dayton and Boise are in and play each other. UCLA not so lucky….

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I just not seeing how we don’t get blasted if we get past LSU.

Let’s get there and at least find out 😉

Wulfpack
    Participant

Funniest thing Cal said was they forgot to cut the nets down today.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Villanova doesn’t have star talent, and they haven’t really been tested by a super athletic team like us in a long time. They won’t overwhelm us. If we keep our defensive discipline, they won’t run away and hide. And we will see how they handle that.

Villanova in many ways reminds me of an East Coast Gonzaga. Built for the regular season, tight down the stretch in the tourney when tested.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Hey Chop, not sure but I think Dayton and Boise are in and play each other. UCLA not so lucky….

^He actually means that Dance Card had those teams as ‘out’ and they all got in. Dance Card usually doesn’t miss more than 1. Of course, some of these seeds are pretty wacky so …

BJD95
    Keymaster

Just 70 minutes until the NIT Selection Show!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I’m just glad I didn’t feel the need to sh*t my shorts when I saw this guy’s face on the selection show:

Trout
    Participant

Half of all the ACC teams in one region? Has that ever happened before?

BJD95
    Keymaster

To clarify, I’m not saying we’d be favored. But I’d give us, say, a 25-30% shot to beat Nova. That’s pretty awesome, as far as a draw goes for the 8/9 line. Especially when Kentucky loomed.

Combine that with an EXTREMELY favorable matchup in the 4/5 line, and this draw presents one of those “once in a decade” opportunities, in terms of the field opening up for you. This is how special moments can come to pass. It’s a CHANCE. Nothing more, nothing less. But this is why it is SO IMPORTANT to keep fighting and clawing to make it again and again. So these wormholes open up for you.

Guarantee that Gott sees it that way, too. Play that hand well, Coach. We got your back, win or lose.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

BJD95
    Keymaster

Plus, imagine all that 1983 voodoo of Wahoowa in the Elite Eight. Ralph Sampson would watch at home, and totally shit his pants. V and Lo would smile in heaven (“Here’s what we do when Lo makes these free throws…”)

Trout
    Participant

Our path to the Final 4 would be LSU, Nova, L-Ville and UVA. Tough, very tough. Some damn good coaches after LSU.

I love NC State, but if I were betting, I’d take UVA out of that region. If I were a UVA fan, I would be very happy tonight.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Dayton was the very last team in … Had UConn beat SMU …

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Heelh8r
    Participant

We got your back, win or lose.

Awesome. That’s what I like. This could be fun.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Our path to the Final 4 would be LSU, Nova, L-Ville and UVA. Tough, very tough. Some damn good coaches after LSU.

I love NC State, but if I were betting, I’d take UVA out of that region. If I were a UVA fan, I would be very happy tonight.

Really? They have to fight through Sparty then Oklahoma just to get to us or Nova. Their half of the bracket MUCH tougher than ours.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I don’t like our Final Four chances b/c I think Oklahoma would murder us. But Wahoowa…the voodoo would be too strong.

Wulfpack
    Participant

UVa may not get past Michigan State, again. They are trying to figure out how to work Anderson back in. He is no threat offensively with the bad paw.

Louisville does not scare me in the least. I would welcome that opportunity. If we find a way to get past Nova, this thing really opens up.

Trout
    Participant

Neither are disciplined enough to beat UVA. But of course, I’m assuming Justin Anderson will be healthy for UVa. If so, I stand by my prediction.

Trout
    Participant

Well, in the NCAAT, good coaches shine. That is what worries me about L-Ville and Nova. (and UVA, although Bennett isn’t as tourney tested). And, to previous points, UVA needs to be worried about Izzo. He is a damn good tourney coach. Krueger, I don’t think so. He did get Florida to a Final 4, but he doesn’t scare me.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Anderson is NOT healthy. Did you watch the ACC Tourney? Can hardly make a pass. And Michigan State was disciplined enough to beat them last year. I would think the same this year. That’s a good club that can play UVa’s game. Izzo relishes that.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I like how the guys immediately reacted to Ralston once they found out they’d be facing LSU 🙂

Ok, Ralston – light ’em up.

Heelh8r
    Participant

Just 70 minutes until the NIT Selection Show!

A chance for Purvis to shine!

BJD95
    Keymaster

I made a point to watch more Big 12 hoops in Feb and during the conference tourney. I’m a believer, particularly in Iowa State (the team I think we/Gott want to be when we grow up) and Oklahoma. Sparty is too like UVA, but less skilled. Think Wahoowa likely gets past them, but Okie beats them pretty solidly and rolls past the Nova/State winner.

Trout
    Participant

I love Iowa State. They are a real Final 4 threat.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.