N.C. State @ Wake Forest – 8pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State @ Wake Forest – 8pm

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 351 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

N.C. State Wolfpack (14-9, 5-5) @ Wake Forest Demon Deacons (10-12, 2-7) | 8pm @ Lawrence Joel Coliseum | TV: ACC Network (WRAL locally) GoPack previe
    [See the full post at: N.C. State @ Wake Forest – 8pm]

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Larry Joe Coliseum, like BB&T Field, is where seasons go to die. Not suggesting Wake is good. Just saying there is some sort of mojo sucking magnet that we seem to have to pass under to get into Winston Salem. I’d rather play in Clempson than WS.

PackofMac
    Participant

Wake has a good point guard and a MOUTHY decent big man, outside of that made up of UNCG caliber athletes. These are the same athletes I fully expect to make around 10 3’s, Devon Thomas score around 30 and play with 4 fouls for the entire second half without fouling out. I expect to see the same tired motorcycle lead the team out with the same 30-40 year olds wearing stupid tie-dyed shirts with the band comprised of 40 year old “weirdo’s”. This will be one of the few games we’ve played this year where across the board we have wayyyyy better athletes than the team we’re playing, I don’t expect the score to remind me of that.

backthebackagain
    Participant

We should absolutely hammer Wake tonight. I will be in full panic mode if we crap the bed at this point in the season.

redisgood
    Participant

I like to guess which no name with mediocre shooting stats lights us up from the three. My candidate for tonight is Cornelius Hudson. No reason other than he shoots 30% and the name Cornelius Hudson just sounds like the name of guys who do it to us.

Hopefully Ralston gets back on track and out-duels Cornelius.

lawful
    Participant

Shocking how everyone expects us to lose. Myself included.

Prowling Woofie
    Participant

We are clearly the far-superior team. Therefore, we lose by 8….

pakfanistan
    Participant

State by 12.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I’m terrified to watch. Perhaps I will not.

8 days off following a win would be awesome. After a loss would suck something fierce.

Pack1997
    Participant

As a State fan who lives in Winston, I can tell you I hate it when we come here to play in any sport. One benefit to living here is getting to see Wake play a lot. Their BBall team is headed in the right direction, and I don’t believe we are extremely better than them talent wise. They have a strong core of young players who will be very solid 4 year players for them. One European big man who can drain 3s all day long. Funny how they always have one, yet we can never find one. Their coach is going to be one of the best in the country once he gets a few more recruiting classes in Winston.

Outside of the Dukes. Cheats, and Louisville we all have close to the same talent. The more experienced teams tend to do better, ie ND. The real key to his game is if Lacey and Cat decide to penetrate or settle for jump shots. If they settle for jump shots we lose, if they drive to the basket we win. We are at our best when we drive to the basket, but in the games we have lost I find myself yelling at them for settling for jump shots. Good things happen when you take it to the RIM!

redisgood
    Participant

Yep, Manning has them playing well. It’s going to be close. I have no idea which side of close we will end up on.

brqan925
    Participant

Last year we lost at Wake by 1 point and the year before that we lost by two. The previous two years we won by a combined 61 points.

We’ve lost in Clemson 5 of the last 6 years.

Fastback68
    Participant

^ Your avatar looks drunk which is where I’m headed. Go Pack!!

ryebread
    Participant

Must win game……..

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yeah, Sid’s last dumpster fire even beat Wake twice by extremely large margins. They have put some real shit on the court in recent times. Manning at least has them respectable again.

13OT
    Participant

If we lose this one, we won’t be a listing ship, we’ll be a sinking ship. I just hope this trip to Wake Forest won’t be another voyage of the damned.

PapaJohn
    Participant

BJD summed it up nicely … but I will watch. I can’t help myself.

coyotejoe
    Participant

Just like driving past a bad car wreck…I’m repulsed, yet I can’t turn away.

BJD95
    Keymaster

In other Red and White (Cossack) news…I’m up to page 859 of “Quiet Flows the Don” comrades! Total sports media blackout has its side benefits.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

State by 12.

Wouldn’t that be a relief.

Fastback68
    Participant

Not if they score the 12 in the last :31 of the fourth ot.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

In other Red and White (Cossack) news…I’m up to page 859 of “Quiet Flows the Don” comrades! Total sports media blackout has its side benefits.

The culture and refinement that can be obtained by stepping away from State athletics …

Nah, not worth it! 🙂

redcanine
    Participant

I never cared for Cossack all that much. Hot Tub Time Machine was good, but everything else… meh.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I suspect we’ll win.
    I also suspect it won’t be easy. Or pretty.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Same game every week….

30 minutes of good ball..
    5 minutes we’d rather forget…

This time the Pack wins by double digits..

BOTB’s keys to the game….

!. Which Cat is our Cat tonight?
    2. Which Cat is our Cat tonight?
    3. Which Cat is our Cat tonight?

and …

4. Which BIG is our BIG tonight, which BIG is NOT?

As for what Danny and Deacs do… I’m frankly more worried the response of the Japanese Government to ISIS terrorists….

We play our game… we win…
    It’s that simple.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 351 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.