Move ahead, put it in the past

Home Forums All StateFansNation Move ahead, put it in the past

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

I expect him to go after the season.

I’d be shocked if he stayed.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

I figure we could all use some shaudenfraude today:

‘m not attempting to impugn Sendek’s drive or passion. He’s a good coach — his 412 wins over a 22-year career prove he is.

All I’m saying is nine years is an adequate sample size. Using Graham as an example, mediocrity shouldn’t be enough for a university that strives to be the biggest and best in the country.

The men’s basketball team remains mediocre.

You do the math.

The reason I point this out is 1) to laugh and 2) because we could be in a lot, lot worse place than we are, even after Duke kicked our asses last night.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

It’s all based on matchups from here on out. Hopefully in our favor come Sunday.

96Fan
    Participant

Did Gott say anything interesting during post game?

Mike
    Participant

Ironically in the FSU/UVA game, the FSU center Bojanovsky crashed to the floor during a rebound and FSU started a break. The stripes blew the whistle immediately and stopped the FSU fast break. I thought it was odd they would stop play – it was FSU’s break and to their disadvantage so I thought the refs would let it go. It’s not like Boj was in the line of fire.

So when Cat got leveled, play goes on. The difference was now Duke had the advantage and they let it go. For consistency, had Jefferson hit the floor would play have been stopped as it was in FSU/UVA?

BJD95
    Keymaster

It’s all Coach K intimidation. Plus Swoffy Cabal “Blue bias” influence peddling. Pure and simple.

I hope we don’t lose Angel of Death. I suppose we will see more of Twin A and/or Twin B playing the 4 next season if’n he does take his scythe elsewhere.

NO, that would not lower my expectations for next year.

I would kiss the ground for that draw (Lavin, then Badgers).

Mike
    Participant

CBS right now has us a 10 against St Johns (7) as others have posted, and with a win against Wisconsin, the #2. That is also the bracket where KY is #1 – talk about a tough draw.

Lunardi has us as a 9 against 8 Ohio St, wiht Nova looming on the horizon. Just for kicks, Lunardi also has UNX as a 4 in the Duke 1 bracket. I did not think conference schools could play in a regional earlier than a regional final, and a 1/4 would be a semi-final. Those types of matchups are always what makes the seedings interesting and you will hear the experts say so and so got moved up or down a notch to accommodate the rules.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I would also be fine with tOSU (who SUCKS) and Nova.

rtpack24
    Participant

The Big Tent at the Circus fell in last night. Lets hope we get a decent bracket. If Cat can not go might be an uphill climb.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I won’t speak to what officials should or should not do, but it’s pretty normal for them to let play continue when a player goes down and the opposing team has an advantage.

And while we’re on the subject, I have a strong dislike for Jefferson, but those of you attributing malice are barking up the wrong tree on this one. A cleaner (or more effective) screen has rarely been posted.

backthebackagain
    Participant

that would stink pretty badly. I thought he show some grit at times specifically the first duke game and I was under the assumption that freeman was the odd man out.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Oh, I like him as a player and hooe he stays. He can score – has range. But right now not nearly good enough a defender or rebounder. Clearly the 4th guy as the season has played out. I trust the staff on that one.

WallyB
    Participant

I’ve been thinking the same thing about Kyle for a few weeks now. If he leaves, does that improve our chances with Brandon Ingram? Or does Ingram overlap more with Caleb as far as role on the court (3/4 not 4/5)? Looking for a silver lining here.

backthebackagain
    Participant

Oh, I like him as a player and hooe he stays. He can score – has range. But right now not nearly good enough a defender or rebounder. Clearly the 4th guy as the season has played out. I trust the staff on that one.

I hear you, I just think we need to keep everyone on the roster as it stands. With no recruits and the chance of injuries (which we miraculously avoided this year) its nice ot have some talented depth at the end of the bench if needed

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Would that be OSU (DeAngelo Russell) or Oklahoma State (I don’t know)?

Rick
    Keymaster

If he leaves we would only have 8 scholarship players.
    That is not good if only for practice reasons. Not to mention the “I” word.

StateRed44
    Participant

No reason for him to transfer. Peanut gallery was saying Freeman and Anya were transferring earlier in the year. Stupid to speculate over crap like this. Guy needs to work on his game. Plenty of playing time available. He’s got good moves, needs to get stronger. That’s it. Stop with the negativity.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Move on? Yeah.
    Put it in the past? Maybe not. Use it to fuel your hate-fire.

I agree that the collision aftermath was handled poorly. And that it was an unnecessary move. Fine, Cat was guarding in the backcourt but at 20 some points ahead, AJ could have softened that blow a bit. Take Cat out of the play, but don’t take him out. But I guess that’s sportsmanship, and we all know that Dook is lacking in that department.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Ohio more likely, think Okie fell to a 10/11 last night.

Packzingo
    Participant

Hey Wulfpack and Wufpack, I questioned the Jefferson screen earlier and to clarify, think the screen was legit (just saw it again on ESPN). At the time I was just more concerned why Jefferson didn’t go up court. I know Cat was pressuring Jones and Jefferson was providing some space, so now I see more clearly. Do I now think Jefferson was trying to hurt Cat…no. Do I like Jefferson, hell no. After watching several times, it was unfortunate but a pretty good screen. I hope Cat comes back with an attitude!

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

My apologies for even expecting that someone is transferring. Hopefully no one is, but we’ve got a barn full of bigs in a 3×3 pen. In this day in age, no one is happy to be a part of the team. They’ve all been told their the next great, with phenom scores through the roof, Nike deals around the corner and they all want to score baskets.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Like I said, totally within the rules, JUST A DICK MOVE 50 feet from the basket up a million points.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Haven’t read every word above (shame on me) so please forgive me if I’m repeating another’s post….but perhaps Cat’s status is known but competitive strategy dictates mystery. Just a thought.

Personally, my new guy to hate in dark blew…Allen with Assjefferson a close second. I hate all people who wear light blew.

GO PACK…Be a ten, play again!

Packzingo
    Participant

Agree BJD

packalum44
    Participant

We should not anchor our expectations to whatever (silly) prognostication we made for this year. This was a very talented, athletic and deep team that underachieved in a substantive way.

It only FEELS better because the bar was set so low. Just like Gott’s first year when he inherited talent but the pundits hardly noticed beforehand because Lowe was on another planet himself…just not the good planet.

4 bubble teams with another bubble team coming in year 5. Hail to Gottfried.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.