Let the Hate Flow – U*NC Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Let the Hate Flow – U*NC Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 453 total)
  • Author
    Gowolves
    Participant

http://bleacherreport.com/nc-state-football

Looks like we have DD one more year. I guess I’m ok with that. I think.

eas
    Participant

Looks like one more year is correct. I think the TarHole game was the tie breaker. If we had lost and we kept him there would be riots in the streets. No, not riots but Yow would have had to make a more pressured decision. I really was ready to move on after horrible coaching decisions in the game continued into this year but oh well. Sign and sealed for another year I guess.

Heelh8r
    Participant

It says nothing about “one more year”. It says he is our coach moving forward. Big difference.

Greywolf
    Participant

I don’t think he will be remembered as a Dick Sheridan….MAYBE an Earl Edwards…(3 yds and a cloud of dust and quick kick on a 3rd and long).

You show your ignorance of Earle Edwards when you left the “e” off his name. You mean the Earle, the one who got his team as high as number 3 in the nation? That same Earle who won a half dozen (or maybe just 5) ACC championships? The same Earle Edwards who had 3 All-Americas in one year on his team?

3 yards and a clowd of dust my arse. If and I think that is a big IF you were in Riddick Stadium getting splinters in your butt watching Earle’s Wolfpack you didn’t see many 3rd and longs or quick kicks. FYI worrying that a team might quick kick makes 3rd and long a little more manageable.

Earle’s success is what gave the Carter Stadium idea its real boost. So read up on it before you make snarky remarks about Earle Edwards where I can read them.

For full disclosure I must admit that Earle’s son, Bob, was in my class in HS and we were friends and Earle and my mother shared the same retirement home for a spell.

There, I feel better now and Alias won’t be disappointed that I didn’t get my feathers ruffled over SOMETHING here on SFN. 😉

Gowolves
    Participant

It says nothing about “one more year”. It says he is our coach moving forward. Big difference.

Let’s be realistic, through. If he has another year like this next season then he will be fired. Regardless if he beats UNC. We fired TOB under the same circumstances. He has one year to prove himself.

Heelh8r
    Participant

^Yep. And if he has a great year, we’ll be the ones hoping that he wants to stay.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

There, I feel better now and Alias won’t be disappointed that I didn’t get my feathers ruffled over SOMETHING here on SFN.

glad to have ya back in the fold

choppack1
    Participant

Yes. I saw the vote of confidence from His. It wasn’t exactly the biggest pep talk in the world, but I think it pretty much removes any remaining doubt after yesterday.

The program is positioned well to have a successful season. The squad needs to get over the proverbial hump. It would have been nice to see us salt away this game the way the “u” slammed the door on us 2 weeks ago.

It was a needed win, but there are the signs much like the Notre Dame game where we let a talented team hang around jeopardizing a solid all-around effort. (This is what happened vs FSU and it absolutely bit us in the end.)

Lost in some of the drama of this year was that we were incredibly fortunate on the injury front. We probably won’t be so lucky next year, so let’s all agree to remove that excuse if we finish 3-5 or worse.

Next needs to be about finishing teams off and the staff needs to examine their own culpability in the slew of close losses. How can they give us the best chance to win in the fourth.

If we can improve in those areas, next year has a chance to be very special because frankly, those areas were the only reason this wasn’t the most satisfying football season since Sheridan’s first year.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

If our “football program” improves as much from this year to next year as it did from last year to this year…

I’m thinking 97% of all this “Coach can’t” stuff…
    moves 25 miles West or further….
    ————————-

Besides … They GOTT their own “problems” over there in Orange County, you know….

starting with a MILLION DOLLAR DC and after two years…
    NO F’ing Defense…

Steve Logan had a great line about that this morning on the radio…

Other guy says “The Tarholes only lose three Defensive Starters to graduation. They will be ‘improved’ next year.”

Logan replies…”If I was the Coach… I would just as soon lose the whole squad, ’cause they ain’t GOTT nothing, especially on the Line, unless it’s some super top secret redshirts or a 5star who’s still in High School”.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Rick
    Keymaster

^Yep. And if he has a great year, we’ll be the ones hoping that he wants to stay.

After listening to his post game yesterday there is no doubt he will hit the road at the first opportunity.

Greywolf
    Participant

You have to laugh, the holea have Chikslit for DC and we have Hux. Which team has the 4-star athletes and the big deal DC? It ain’t State yet that no count Hux has his D playing much better. Hux is like the “dumb” kid in school. No matter how well he does, it ain’t good enough for a good grade.

I think it’s ironic that defense won the day. We finally got in my favorite offense at the end of the game — the victory formation.

Greywolf
    Participant

After listening to his post game yesterday there is no doubt he will hit the road at the first opportunity.

Maybe but maybe he’ll get over that awful article in the Technician. That’s a toughie. Your student newspaper calling for him to be thrown to the wolves. It’s one thing for a bunch of board monkeys to want you gone, it’s another thing altogether for you school newspaper to do it.

Dave is a good man if nothing else. Maybe he’s bigger than we think.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

If Coach DD ain’t or can’t get use to 18-22yr old kids saying stupid sh#t…
    then either he’s in the wrong business OR his ain’t old enough yet…

Bottom line is…

Dave is a good man if nothing else. Maybe he’s bigger than we think.

… and a whole lot more better man than anybody currently writing for the Technician.

THIS does not concern me at all ’bout Coach DD.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Dave needs to FIX the clock management issues and bizarre play calling in crunch time to even be considered as a decent coach.

Next year’s schedule I imagine will actually be tougher than this year. We only get 6 home games next year and we open up the season against South Carolina (the REAL Carolina). We’ll also have go into South Bend to play (don’t expect any hurricane help in Indiana). And we still play in the tougher Atlantic division.

Doesn’t matter how close we keep these games if we don’t brush up on game management 101.

And yes, it appears he doesn’t seem happy to be here, even after a win against the rivals, and seems ultra-sensitive to any criticisms. Wonder how he feels when the checks clear though?

Oh, and go get a kicker worth a damn.

BJD95
    Keymaster

A stupid, but expected decision. Inertia rules at NC State, so there is nobody looking over Yow’s shoulder to double check that this serves our long term interests (keeping a coach that basically said “fuck you” to the fanbase after completing a 6-6 season, prior to having to ask same to buy tix to an unattractive bowl destination).

YMMV

Rick
    Keymaster

Of a school newspaper reacting to four pretty bad seasons gets under his skin then he is definitely in the wrong business.
    He may be a good man but he acted like a petulant child in his post game yesterday.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Fantastic Wolverines/Buckeyes game.

Rick
    Keymaster

Fantastic Wolverines/Buckeyes game.

Darn Skippy. Meyer has some gonads.

choppack1
    Participant

Wow. Bjd squarely in the “fire DD” camp.

As for me, his players showed they still give a flip and for that he shall reap the rewards. I don’t know how to call it…I can’t tell if he was mad at the state fans or the press or the lady who hired him or all of the above.

Regardless, he has to understand for that for 4 years, the fanbase has endured a lot…and the progress this year, which changed to regression in the 4th quarter And resulted in the most heartbreaking collapses since Sendek’s 4th season here, well let’s just say that didn’t help matters.

Dave, your reward is $2 million dollars, and a job and a chance to see just how special and electric this fanbase is when they actually believe they won’t get their hearts broken.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Oh, and go get a kicker

Yeah, until they do, ESPN can take off the green “field goal range” line when State is on offense.

McCallum
    Participant

Way to go State, true to form you suck.

McCallum

mak4dpak
    Participant

I woke up this morning and we still won the game in Chapel Hill. Go Pack! But agree there needs to be major improvements in the win column next year. And I know somewhere out there is a great FG kicker. Sign him, and the job is his. No competition.

Adventuroo
    Participant

GreyWolf,

If you feel better, then that is good. There is enough stress and emotion for old folks like us so we need to explode every once and a while.

I was there from 63 to 68, so that gave me 5 FB seasons…and a couple of field trips with my HS Band to Riddick.

I looked up earlE’s record. It was much better than I remembered. However, the standard line in Riddick my freshman year (1963) was the 3 Yd’s and I do remember seeing the infamous strategy 3rd down Quick Kick many times. You are more familiar. I did NOT but one FB game in ’64 as I was working on the weekends at WRAL save a homecoming. I don’t remember much about that….except my old GF & I getting plastered and (fill in the blank). She was my DW’s of 51 year’s good friend. It gets really complicated after that….and time and privacy do not permit more.

Then for the rest of my NCSU career, I was focusing on studying….having pulled a 0.33 my Fall Sophomore semester…and did not attend in the spring….thanks to Banks Tally turning down my appeal.

BUT, I did do better and was an honor roll student for my Jr and Sr years. Funny thing, when you’ve got a beautiful and great skirt in the next room, you do NOT have to go out and chase….My wife recognized that certain conjugal rights were to be rewards for studying..

I DO have vivid memories of the Houston Game in 1967 and was in Reynolds for a Glenn Yarborough concert. He let us listen to the game from a transistor radio and left his mike out at intermission and called out frequently for an update. I have seen a LOT of live performances over the years and the finesse that he showed and did not TRY to compete with the game was brilliant. Dionne Warwick got mad when a fan had to go potty and pouted…

Coach Edwards and his players….many of which grace our CF banners and plaques was an excellent coach.

After graduation, I moved to the frozen north and then later to rural (They still have Yankee and Rebel soldiers in the Poetcasi Swamp fighting in the 70’s) North Hampton County. I saw them once deer hunting and they wanted to trade for my rifle…

SO, I sort of tuned out and when I moved to Statesville and later, Sanford, I started to attend to games…I also was an avid deer hunter and my fall Saturdays were sometimes in a deer stand…

Having been a Berry dorm resident for a semester, I got to know, in passing, Amato and Falzano (Sp) and some of the other athletes that had a small PA clan in the basement of Berry. You had to get passes to go through the halls and the dorm counselor would turn a blind eye (to keep from getting black and blue), when a very SLIM (and shapely) “player” would come in with a hoodie….and a couple of six packs. They did special privileges….

I know of other incidents, off campus where I lived, where the football players were treated to the NCSU equivalent of the Sweet Carolines….in a mixed room with many participants….but discretion will not permit any more details….

I certainly do long for the glory days and did not mean to dis EE…

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

DD needs thicker skin. We are one of the milder FB fan bases.

And South Carolina’s D is almost as bad as the Heel’s.

Wulfpack
    Participant

He may be a good man but he acted like a petulant child in his post game yesterday.

Couldn’t have been worse than Harbaugh yesterday. That man is a heck of a ball coach, but a sh*t stain of a man. A total whiner. Michigan had no business losing yesterday – and it wasn’t because of the first down call.

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.