Let the Hate Flow – U*NC Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Let the Hate Flow – U*NC Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 453 total)
  • Author
    highstick
    Participant

Dear God. They have no clue how to close.

It’s the mentality of their coach. Their buttholes clench.

And overuse of Preparation H makes the “butthole slip and slide” or something like that! I really think they need to be taking Immodium by the end of the third when they are winning!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

butthole slip and slide

hehehe

pakfanistan
    Participant

Dear God. They have no clue how to close.

I was amazed at how we suddenly went all limp weenie after giving them the business for three quarters of the game.

McCallum
    Participant

I mean, honestly, Dave did just about everything you could do to F up that game. Kudos to the players. If they keep him, I’m fine considering the buy out. If he’s gone, I’m fine. Should be an intriguing week or so.

He stoked a little bit of that wonderful emotion called hope. I can hear the “what ifs” wafting out of Raleigh all the way down here in Georgia. I’m sure the glass half full crowd is counting the near wins and dreaming of next year.

False gold my friend, I’d sooner order the unpronounceable “chicken” dish at the local Asian restaurant (in the old Hardee’s building) and hope it not feline in nature than buy anything State College is selling.

But anything that brings pain to the heals ain’t all bad. This is the antithesis of eating those tasty hotdogs at the Chuckwagon in Carthage only to notice the kitchen staff barehanding orders after you’ve downed the 3rd one.

McCallum

BJD95
    Keymaster

In many ways, that game was a microcosm of our season, and Doeren’s entire tenure. You saw the good, the bad, and the ugly. And unfortunately, you can certainly still see how this unit lost to BC at home. But, damn it, I sure am glad we had JUST enough to close this one out. And you can thank both lines for it.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Where the hell is Greywolf? Differences aside, that ole curmudgeon won’t even stop by after a win over evil?

TheCOWDOG

Grey might be doing hockey. Even if he isn’t, I got his back for all time.

Takes a big man to fire someone like me for chasing a redhead over state lines.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Grey might be doing hockey. Even if he isn’t, I got his back for all time.

Takes a big man to fire someone like me for chasing a redhead over state lines.

Well I’m not entirely sure what that means, but I want a good talking to while I’m floating. I know Grey would/will provide it.

gso packbacker
    Participant

Captain Dave looked like a man who knew his fate during that Presser.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Glad we held on to win, but should have never been close. Had an obnoxious holes fan behind me, when we were drubbing them. His comment. How many games have ya’ll won? Response-doesn’t matter, because I pull for my team regardless. His response, and ya’ll lost to BC? Response, a matter of fact we did, and at home too, and here we are beating ya’ll on your field. He shut up, but I had one more left in me, and stated maybe we should play in the coastal division. Still no more comments from him. After the game I left, and never made another comment to him. The final result was enough. Certainly gave special meaning to the win today.

wolfmanmat
    Participant

I’m ready to move on from Dave if we can get the right guy…strong or less. All that said, this year was close to being decent (I know typical state season). If doeren could kick we beat Clemson and this game is 10 points isn’t nearly as close at the end. At ECU is always tough. Win ECU and Clemson and this is a different season.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Glad we held on to win, but should have never been close. Had an obnoxious holes fan behind me, when we were drubbing them. His comment. How many games have ya’ll won? Response-doesn’t matter, because I pull for my team regardless. His response, and ya’ll lost to BC? Response, a matter of fact we did, and at home too, and here we are beating ya’ll on your field. He shut up, but I had one more left in me, and stated maybe we should play in the coastal division. Still no more comments from him. After the game I left, and never made another comment to him. The final result was enough. Certainly gave special meaning to the win today.

I love me some justice.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Hello gentlemen!… Just GOTT in from a clandestine adventure into the land of the blue sheep.

What a fine afternoon it was in Orange County for football!

The ONLY thing that would have made it better would have been if all ya’ll were sitting there with me…. and some cold beer, a couple of smokes and some decent food….

Now… I GOTT three things to tell you ’bout the game, just in case there’s some doubt that “eyewitnesses” can clear up….

1. Our LINES, both of them, kicked their asses all afternoon. If it wasn’t for that little sh#ta#s #3 who couldn’t f’ing walk, but could catch on his back AND their QBs NFL arm…. it wouldn’t been either a shutout or just seven. It was almost the same game as the Holes v. the Hokies in the Hurricane without the Hurricane… Holes GOTT no heart…. and their Coach(s) are as dumb or dumber than ours. Remember that big name DEFENSIVE coach they hired? We ran at will for 259 and passed for another 233 and could have GOTT another 100 running EITHER WAY if it had not been for…

2. The REFS and the TV guys are Idiots and have just about ruined the game — from the stands. There were enough bad calls — both ways for three f’ing games. I figure we won the bad calls 60/40 but the one’s we lost were not really big losers — like the pass that wasn’t caught and then fumbled and then there was a fight and their starting Dlineman got thrown out and then we punted and pushed ’em back another 20 yds from where the fumble and fight were…

The game changer could have been the TV timeout after we GOTT a first down at 13:03 in the 4th… broke all our momentum and there were 2 reviews and then the Idiots turned around did the same thing when the Holes GOTT the ball back… No momentum and the fourth quarter took an extra 40 minutes for no good reason…. like that warning we GOTT for sideline interference ….

Of course, the more than polite folks in blue took in ALL IN STRIDE… they seems to be used to taking it IN STRIDE… the guy behind my wife muttered after the game…”We play two big games a year and we don’t show up for either one.”

He didn’t have nuttin’ to say when they trotted that RC guy out of the field to give Bubba that 14.5MILLION $$ for athletic schollys… ’cause he already knew that won’t getting their money’s worth…

Plus…. Five years of abuse from the NCAA seems to have taken a toll on ’em….

B’rer “Roo…. the WPC guys are all smarter than they RC counterparts… in spite of the multiple scams inflicted on ya’ll over the years….

3. Yeah… we opened the Fourth tighter than a manhole cover…. but we had been holding aces since halfway thru the 1st quarter and that’s a long time to hold anything…. Kids and Coaches held on twice as long as they should have in spite of TV interference….

Now we’ll talk about Coaching changes… but I GOTT to tell you this…

When your Coach comes over to that corner of Kenan that Mr. Dog and Pat Kenney made famous after the game and sings the fight song with ya…. that’s a guy you GOTT to think one more time ’bout canning… NOBODY in Wolfpackland is prouder of his kids tonight than Coach Dave Doeren and I don’t give a sh#t what he said or didn’t say to the media post game… besides I didn’t hear a word of it…

I sure hope they gave J.MAC a game ball… Finley was wobbly and hobbling at the end…

GO PACK!

@TROLL — the outcome of the game and the end of your streak were never in doubt…

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    choppack1
    Participant

Botb – I said before the game that I would be judging dd on how his boys played today. They played balls out and in spite of another game where it was closer than it should have been, the “work” itself has to be worth something.

I am cool with seeing what happens next year (for the 100th time not that it matters.)

PackofMac
    Participant

As soon as we rolled back in the driveway in the furniture capital of the world, well was before all the jobs got shipped to China, I dragged out the red flood lights, lit the house up red and donned multiple “S Block” flags for my democratic delusional UNC alumni neighbors. While doing so I thought those thoughts that used to make me want to vomit, what if, we were this close to a one loss year. I never allowed my brain to take that in but damnit we were. Now, I still attribute many of those losses to lame ass coaching, piss poor clock management and all things Doeren. That being said, really, just really who are/would we bring in here next season. It’s that simple, who? Tell Dave to let his OC do his thing and stay off the head set. Look all I know is Ass Hat Fedora is somewhere texting the media, friends, douche club members and anyone else who’ll listen about how great he is and that LSU, Texas are beating down his door. Problem for that clown is everyone is starting to notice, he hasn’t nor won’t win a damn thing at UNC nor anywhere.

PackofMac
    Participant

Sorry to add more but just got a chance to watch Dave’s post game comments on the field. Coach getting choked up twice…..well damnit choked me up. Let’s go win whatever bowl and see what next season brings.

coyotejoe
    Participant

(this is going WAY back)…”I would rather have the clap than Carolina fever”.

This used to be a bumper sticker that was available at all Pack games back in the early eighties. I say we bring it back.

Texpack
    Participant

(this is going WAY back)…”I would rather have the clap than Carolina fever”.

This used to be a bumper sticker that was available at all Pack games back in the early eighties. I say we bring it back.

I’d rather have jock itch than Dick Crum.

Greywolf
    Participant

Where the hell is Greywolf? Differences aside, that ole curmudgeon won’t even stop by after a win over evil?

I’m here and I read the comments. I have a friend over to watch the game so I don’t usually post during the game. If I had known I would have to have watched it on the Tarhole Network, I might have gone to the game.

We saw today what Wolfpack football can be like with Drinkwitz calling the game. Have to give ole Dave some credit there, turning the play calling over to young Eli. Hux deserves a shout out also. That was a pretty high scoring offense we shut down most of the day. It ain’t like he’s got a boat load of 4 and 5-star DBs competing for positions.

Don’t get me wrong I would like to see a young DC with an aggressive attitude come in with an attacking defense but I don’t fault Hux for not putting a defense together with what he’s had to work with.

Now here comes the part you’ve been expecting. Everybody is all gaga over the great program that Fraudora has put together over at the dump on the hump. Well, he had to pull 2 games out of his arse to be 8-4 — one was with a great 56 yard Goal. We lost enough due to our field goal ineptness, to damn near qualify for the championship series.

Without Chikclit for our DC we have managed a far better defense than the holes. We still have a ways to go offensively without a 4-star QB. But the gap in the programs ain’t all that big.

As far as HC’s are concerned which one called a timeout on the 3 yard line and sent in a trick play that failed?

Our HC is like the kid in school that the teacher thinks is dumb and grades his paper accordingly. Did it ever occur to anyone here that because you don’t understand a coaches decision, that doesn’t automatically make it a bonehead decision?

As far as Mr. Dog is concerned, we go way back. And yes, he and his have been to a hockey game with me and mine. 🙂

tractor57
    Participant

Watching through the TV lens I thought it was mostly a typical rivalry game. The difference being the Pack lines were as dominant as I have seem them in a long time. Granted I would still want more points if we had won 500-0 but the team did what was needed to seal the deal.

ryebread
    Participant

Great win yesterday. The team came out playing like they had nothing to lose and then held on at the end. Good game plan and nothing is nicer than NC State beating UNC.

Also, our fans really showed up. There was a lot of red in the stadium for what looked like a loss. Tip of the cap to those who made it.

As for DD, I expect he’s back next year. He avoided the trifecta against tall odds and met the minimal floor. I don’t think Yow wants to fire him. The only way he might be gone is if we lay an egg in the bowl game.

Adventuroo
    Participant

After catching up this morning, I was bothered by a little snippet….

It was interesting that BTOB, who rarely attends an event showed up in hostile territory. He also made a comment that seemed a bit odd.

B’rer “Roo…. the WPC guys are all smarter than they RC counterparts… in spite of the multiple scams inflicted on ya’ll over the years….

I thought that Bro Bill was of the Red set….and knew that he did not frequent CF and had made, I think, braggart like remarks attesting to his disdain for such. SO, he was in the Pines today….? He has, like I, I THINK, sired children that also have degrees or attended CH. My son is an NCSU grad with a JD from UNC. I paid for framing his NCSU sheepskin and told him that I was proud of his accomplishments and honors, but I would NOT put one dollar into advertising the source…

I guess that Y’alls that will show up at the PNC today and watch the BB game would wonder about the meaning of the above comment as well. It is the Y’alls that pay the WPC dues that actually pay for the scholarships of the players. Their tuition does NOT come from gate receipts. These same Y’alls faithfully purchase the LTR’s and also fund the renovations to Reynolds and the other facility upgrades. Howsomever, lest one think that I want to put folks back in chains and return to those glorious days of yesteryear when on the folks that PAID $$ to the Government GOTT to VOTE….and the ones that TOOK $$ from the Government were NOT allowed to vote. I am NOT of such an Alt Right Cult. Had those rules applied on November 8, then the margin of victory would have been as lopsided as (fill in the blank).

Maybe the Mega Fat Cats and donors that paid for the naming rights of the various facilities and buildings where our student athletes train, live and eat obviously would scratch their heads and wonder? Them Y’alls pay in more WPC $$’s than I used to earn in a month….. Sorry for the rant….but being a Called, by a state fan, a person that got conned because I have belonged to the WPC since 1971 when Norm Sloan was actually running the sign-up table in Ahoskie and shook my hand and personally thanked me….got of got my blood boiling a bit…

Adventuroo
    Participant

On a more positive note….

Wufpacker,

Thanks for making this a REAL THREAD or Topic and not a Forum. Looking at your profile, I can relate to you, even though I graduated 20 years prior. My son was on campus while you were there.

I read, real time, all the posts yesterday and caught up this morning as I had a pressing engagement with a buxom 12 gauge and a sexy 20 gauge right after the game and proceeded to pollute the rarified Durham County air with noise and reduced the Clemson clad birdies to dust (OK, some got a golden BB). What a fitting way to celebrate the victory. If I could wear my “younger man’s” clothes once again, I would have painted them Light Blue (purchased on CL from the Duke – UNC Uh Oh) and gleefully pointed my weaponry at them. It would have been enough to have sent the UNC-CH snowflakes into a rage not seen since 2:40 AM on November 9, 2016….when their “Trigger Alert” Apps activated the Emergency Warning on their phones….

SO, comments are always free here….I offer….

CD, your original post was great….and appreciated. I did, I THINK, notice that you were concerned that Cinderella’s fairy Godmother was NOT using the Eveready Energizer batteries and that our little Red Woofie might be slowing down and could not longer “bang the line”. Truly a thrilling ending, but also brought out the typical….”OK, this is the price that we pay for being a State fan” reactions.

Coach Doeren’s presser, which I listened to all of it on my drive to bang-bang heaven, was interesting. He DID sound like a man that knew his fate.

It is too early to put in a video….but I was reminded of the Helen Reddy song (of 1974, that GLORIOUS year that Norm brought us)….You and Me Against the World….

I was fully expecting to hear, at the end, the team tearfully shout out…..”We love you, Coach”.

Obviously (I think), AD Yow will doing the usual bit of “You guys took our plant manager on lunch last Friday….but forgot to bring him back” routine.

NOW…along those lines.

Coach Doeren, whom I have good naturedly kidded about DOES seem to be a thinner skinned version of a certain EX BB coach….the Wood Chopper. I do NOT doubt that he will be successful at his career’s end….but he will NOT, unless, like the ugly duckling, he matures into the Swan’s costume, EVER, EVER be a World Beater. I do, without fail, totally admire his character and his work ethic and his loyalty. We have been a bit critical. BUT, as one that pays my LTR pledges and has faithfully attended most of the CF games over the past 20 years or so, I don’t think he will be remembered as a Dick Sheridan….MAYBE an Earl Edwards…(3 yds and a cloud of dust and quick kick on a 3rd and long). YES, I was there in Riddick and saw our immortalized Gabe…many times.

SO, what will happen. THAT will waste more bandwidth that Jill Stein’s pleas for a Recount on Youtube.

I will leave it to the folks who “know”. Seems to me that you DO NOT FIRE the coach that just whipped (unexpectedly) your arch rival. NOW, what will happen after the “Tidy Bowl” game. One does have to chuckle. The UNC fans had booked reservations in all the hautsy-tautsy hotels that grace the Final Four FB matches. Much like the Houston Fans of 1983, they had already purchased their light blue blazers with the 2016 NCAA National FB Champions emblems.

The Light Blue Clan will be headed to the Deplorables Bowl. (OK, this is a repeat that got lost). They will be forced to matriculate with folks that were GIVEN tickets locally. Said individuals COULD be confused with the rank an file WPC members. I’ll bet that in Deploraville, there is an ordinance for a Mandatory Two Gun Rack in every Pick-up. The local POOOOOLice will pull over a CLEAN pick-up and immediately take inappropriate action and use excessive force to ascertain WHY there is no mud in the wheel wells. The Rumor that Deploraville also passed HB3 is a Fake News Story…put out on FB and CNN. The Alt Lefties took glee in conning folks to think that you could be ticketed for NOT having an AR-15 in one of the slots in your gun rack.

OK….time to conclude…..WHAT advice would you offer to AD Yow. Mine is a bit off beat….but hey, I have been compared to Maynard G. Krebs on many occasions….

Time for a Performance Review with Coach Doeren. NOW….not AFTER the Bowl Game….

Look at the positives. Look at the achievements and also the lack thereof.

Offer this solution….

Coach Doeren, regardless of the bowl outcome, will be our 2017 HC. However, if we do NOT achieve a certain record (or other stipulations), then he is HISTORY. NOW, that also includes a slight modification to his contract. In lieu of NOT firing him….he waives ONE year of severance. SO, we coaches (and gets his $2.5 Million for 2017. BUT, if he fails to meet the mutually agreed upon goals, he waives the 2019 Buy Out. Therefore, we same $840K and give him a chance to prove that he is only 3 plays away from 9 & 3….and we live happily everafter. BUT, if he fails to produce, then we pay him for 2018 only.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN….but you never know with AD Yow. She cut a deal with TOB and saved us $1,000,000…..never underestimate that lady.

GO PACK….

Adventuroo
    Participant

Final post of the day….until AFTER the BB game….

Many of us posted about the “ORW and Hat” love fest and that Mack and company had set this up WAY AHEAD.

Hearing Roy talk about how Fedora stayed with him for hours after the victory in the locker room made me wonder a little bit….did these two Family men (God fearing of course) part company afterwards or do we NOT want to know the REST of the STORY?

However, It did HIT ME….the PERFECT solution to the political wars and such…

IF UNC is REALLY serious in their public stance, as well as votive candle protests over HB2, then it is time that little Mrs. Light Blue Smurfette Folt, call in Bubba and lay down the ground rules for replacing the HAT.

In defiance of that EVIL NC GA, who wrote the HB2 law, UNC will do a “Hamilton”. FYI, Hamilton, the Broadway play, had a NON-WHITE casting call that was condoned by the Screen Actor’s Guild….which as the toughest ANTI-Discrimination bylaws….

SO, Little Miss Folt tells Bubba….you can ONLY recruit and hire an OPENLY LGBTQ coach. UNC will take a stand….Athletics does not have a TRUMP card. UNC will become the FIRST (I think) major Power 5 school with such.

It is actually a PLOY. ORW has already suggested such. IF UNC comes out and says “In your FACE, NC GA”, we are hiring a candidate that you would BAN…

NOW that speaks highly of the high moral plane of UNC. It also then totally ensures that the NCAA can NOT come in and take down ORW’s banners…

It is a Win-Win for UNC….

GOTT to switch to decaf….

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

It was interesting that BTOB, who rarely attends an event showed up in hostile territory.

B’rer ‘Roo… I’ll always be in the wrong place at the right time and when least expected…
    As for me sitting in Kenan on a Saturday afternoon… The rest of that is ‘complicated’ and too boring to waste space here…

I’ve been solid RED since ’72 when I was sitting not too far from where I sat yesterday watching the very game Mr.Dog alluded to his OP… I wish you’d been sitting there with me… Things would have made more sense, I assure you.

And fwiw…. you read my “ya’ll” backwards, unfortunately….

Major college athletics is Big Business everywhere … I know you know that…

What in a general way appalls me and other “independents” is the farce/scam/whateveryouwanttocallofit of soliciting subsidies — monetary and in kind — from the people by appealing to the intangibles — it’s the right thing to do/loyalty/charity etc… when all that really does is lower the standards required by the organization to be competitive in it’s marketplace…

In a backwards way, the charity subsidizes the laziness and ineptness often found in donor supported organizations.

There are “ya’ll’s” sitting in every D1 football stadium.

I was really complimenting the WPC for not being as stupid and gullible as the RC… take that or leave that for what it’s worth…. your choice.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.