It’s Time For “The Greatest Show On Earth” For NC State Hoops

Home Forums All StateFansNation It’s Time For “The Greatest Show On Earth” For NC State Hoops

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

Unbelievable collapse by SMU

Mike
    Participant

WOW UCLA with the upset too. Goaltending on a 3 point shot – how often do you see that?

Fastback68
    Participant

That’s insane. UCLA wins.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Mike
    Participant

I did not think UCLA should have been invited but I always liked Alford so glad to see them advance, especially since SMU is coached by Larry Brown. Alford’s kid was 9-11 on 3’s in this game.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Grrrr, client called me in today, I’m missing all the good stuff!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I am empathetic to SMU’s fans though … after not getting in last season and that ending today man that’s a rough last two season endings.

ncsu1987
    Participant

In a lengthy meeting now, bored out of my mind. Those of you who saw the goal tending call, was it legit?

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

ncsu1987, yes, it was a good call.

See below…it was a poor call.

The worst part of it for SMU was that the shot was going to miss, and then their best shooter bricked two winners.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

In a lengthy meeting now, bored out of my mind. Those of you who saw the goal tending call, was it legit?

Tough call, imo … ball was on the way down, but was a clear miss – may not have even hit the rim if the guy didn’t touch it. Just really unfortunate – it’s one of those balls that may be an airball and I can understand the defender not waiting to go up and secure it rather than leave it up for grabs.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

On another note, sorry to see the Toffees get knocked out, BJD. Hopefully there will be happier news late tonight.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

@SportsCenter 8m8 minutes ago
    0.1 percent of the 11.6 million brackets filled out in ESPN’s Tournament Challenge are still perfect.

And those were probably filled out by non-sports fans who picked based on coin-flips or mascots.

TheCOWDOG

Completely disagree with the goaltending call. Bigtime miss.

None of ya know Larry like I know Larry. If ya did, you’d never wish to see him go away. Straight up, peeps.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

On second thought, I now think it was a bad call.

Wufpacker
    Participant

And those were probably filled out by non-sports fans who picked based on coin-flips or mascots.

My insane ex picked one year, don’t remember which, based only on uni colors. For the first 2 days she wiped the floor with me and my so-called knowledgeable picks and thought she was the shit. The law of avgs caught up to her, but for two days she was insufferable…well, more than usual that is.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Vine of the shot…

BJD95
    Keymaster

Toffees completely shat themselves. If’n State keeps it within 30, it will be an improvement.

My brackets are all dead, too. Fucking Big 12.

Remember in the 30 for 30, that’s why Olajuwon said he backed off from Whit’s “pass” – he was scared of the goal-tending call.

BJD95
    Keymaster

My insane ex picked one year, don’t remember which, based only on uni colors. For the first 2 days she wiped the floor with me and my so-called knowledgeable picks and thought she was the shit. The law of avgs caught up to her, but for two days she was insufferable…well, more than usual that is.

From Cheers, the “Diane Chambers” NFL pool method. She did mascots one week, then quality of symphony.

bill-1956
    Participant

Congrats to Andre Ware and Ryan Harrow (hamstring injury – hope he gets to play next game).

I’ll be pulling for Georgia Southern to beat UCLA and make it to the Sweet 16.

Their head coach is one happy camper – I’d like to see more of them.

As for tonight – I’d like to see both State and LSU bring their “A” games. It would make for one heck of a game. With a State win by 5 or so.

On the other hand – I’d be pretty darn happy if we just blow LSU out early – easier on me, the dog, the TV, the furniture . . .

BJD95
    Keymaster

Let’s go Lafayette!

Texpack
    Participant

I let the Wall Street Journal simulator pick one of my brackets and it had ISU to the Final Four. Even screwed on the random bracket.

MrPlywood
    Participant

From that angle it looks like SMU dude is getting shoved in the back too.

SMU’s Yanick Moreira explains crushing goaltending call: “My hand hit the net first, that’s why he called it goaltending”

Wufpacker
    Participant

Ha, TB Lafayette was awesome.

Looks like my feeling re: Ole Miss > Xavier was just gas pains….like a fart in the wind.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Ha, TB Lafayette was awesome.

Looks like my feeling re: Ole Miss > Xavier was just gas pains….like a fart in the wind.

Yeah, their 50-year old dude they picked up at the local Y was unstoppable.

And if Lafayette goes on a run, I would kill for Vern Lundquist to yell “Rang, rang hookah!” as the timeout music plays.

TheCOWDOG

Stand up kid,that Moreira.
    I never bothered to look for the net brush.

….A goaltending call that is never called anymore, BTW. Until today.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.