It Must Be Friday… The Story that Never Ends…

Home Forums All StateFansNation It Must Be Friday… The Story that Never Ends…

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    JohnGalt78
    Participant

No Charges means she sings….as in or else. I am hopeful about this little piece. However, the prosecutor is only going after the Prof not the Fagship.

Pack78
    Participant

The cynic in me wonders if the tar hole DA is just gathering information for u*nx before the Dr. Kangaroo trial (if it happens) to better prepare the Cheats for what the good Dr. has to say…

JohnGalt78
    Participant

^ Pack78 (a very good year BTW), completely justified in feeling that way. I do too….cheaters cheat. DA’s are elected, right?

MrPlywood
    Participant

I reread a linked article about the Martin “investigation” and while I’m sure this has been mentioned before, it bears repeating with the current Crowder interviews.

http://www.wral.com/former-gov-to-report-on-unc-academics/11857262/

“Neither Nyang’Oro or Crowder were interviewed during the course of the investigation. In the report, there is a footnote for each stating stating, “Governor Martin placed a phone call to Dr. Nyang’oro (Crowder), who did not answer the call or respond to a message requesting an interview.”

While multiple former football coaches and players were interviewed, no current players or coaches on either the football or basketball teams were interviewed.

“My opinion was that basketball players would not have been able to tell us anything we didn’t know from other sources,” Martin said adding that current athletes “have enough to do.”

That happened over a year ago and it’s still unbelievable.

pakfanistan
    Participant

“My opinion was that basketball players would not have been able to tell us anything we didn’t know from other sources,” Martin said adding that current athletes “have enough to do.”

CLEARLY NOT.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I need scorched earth. Rivers of blood. Lamentations of the women. Sackcloth and ashes. Pillars of salt.

^Agree.

Current athletes at unx* do ‘have enough to do’ such as practicing, lifting, recovering, lounging, playing video games, avoiding class, learning how to skirt ethical issues all while protecting your image. You know, standard stuff.

Pack Mentality
    Participant

If u*nc is the entity that is paying the investigator’s bill, then this will not uncover all the wrongdoing.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

*NC Prez recommends to the NCAA…

Ross spoke this week with the Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics, an independent panel that has worked for two decades to reform college sports. He said lightening the course work for first-year student-athletes – and extending their scholarships to give them more time to graduate – could help them better balance the competing demands of academics and athletics and make them more successful in school.

details here…

What we want to know is this… After all is said and done… will they have to go to class?

And by the way… Sir, exactly what is the problem we’re discussing here?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    StateFans
    Keymaster

BTTT just because.

bsme74
    Participant

While I read SFN, I normally post on “that other site”. Old habits die hard. *** I am not posting today to bash PackPride. There are a bunch of good folks there.*** If you read PackPride, you have seen my posts over there. I enjoy reading/posting about NC State & our sports and I really want to see uncch clean up their act. Something that they have refused to do during the past four years.

I usually post on Scout’s PackPride site, On Friday I copied a “comment” from a N&O reader – that person is an employee of the State of North Carolina. At no time did I in any way attempt to identify the N&O commenter as a Scout poster. A moderator also posted the same information when he quoted my post. Others actually linked the N&O poster to a Scout poster, thereby IDing the Scout poster by name and job – ***something that I did NOT do.***
    I guess someone- in an effort to fix an actual problem got heavy handed with the ban-stick and banned me as acceptable collateral damage or just didn’t take the time to read what I wrote/posted.
    Since I am banned from Scout and cannot send PMs – I cannot use their website to privately ask for a review. There is NO indication of the timeframe of the banning – be it permanent or 30days or ???
    I have the actual post that I made, and there is no known violation of Scout terms of service.

Go Pack – How about our National Champion Wrestler – Great job Gwiz.

Pamlico
    Participant

BSME74,
    Will you post the comment off the N&O that got the whole BruHaHa started please?

highstick
    Participant

I need to correct the link, but will be back in a moment with the edited link..

HBO Special this week…take a gander at the clip above…

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

highstick
    Participant
    bsme74
    Participant

BSME74,<br>
    Will you post the comment off the N&O that got the whole BruHaHa started please?

Let me think, would that get me banned? – twice in one weekend may be too much.

Site owner/mod. Would it be a violation of the terms of service of this site? No, let’s change that to,”Would that get me banned?”

GSOWuf
    Participant

Hey bsme,

Did you screen shot the comment? If you are getting banned for this nonsense get your money’s worth. Tweet the hell out of it (or send it to someone who can/will)!

Pack78
    Participant

BSME74-I read PP regularly (do not post) and really like the crowd over here on SFN. From what I can tell, your banning (hopefully temporary) on PP was an over-reaction to the u*nx homer being outed for posting on state-employee time and whining to the Scout PTB; like that will fix what should be a problem for his bosses with the State of NC. In the meantime, welcome to SFN!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

This ain’t PackPride…

post anything you like… just don’t call people names like prick…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    highstick
    Participant

Heck, Bill, we can all be pricks…BSME, I’ve been following that whole process this afternoon on PP…I quit posting too and even changed my log in name so as not to tempt me to post. Lots of good stuff there, but a ton of those “pricks” who think “nonsensical post counts” mean something.

If I’m reading it right, everyone who quoted that link(whether intentional or unintentionally may have gotten banned because of Terms of Service…The mod over there is taking a bunch of heat right now..Evidently someone or one’s took that link further and posted pictures off of the guy’s Facebook page of his family, telephone calls threatening him, yada, yada. Granted, it seems like the guy must be an idiot for posting his work affiliation in the N&O post he made. Makes it worse to me because of “who he works for”…I hope Mrs. Wood “scalds his baby blue butt”!

Keep me posted during the week…I don’t mind doing a PM to the mod to stick up for you…not that it will do any good though…I can log back in under my old name since I never was banned…I was just on the verge of blasting a bunch of idiot State punks for acting like folks from IC…

BTW I picked up that link to the HBO special over there today..and the mod has reposted the entire thread after deleting all references to the UnC fellow that were posted. Looks like you got caught “in the web”…I’d totally agree that the folks who started posting personal pictures of family were “way off base”, but he sorta left the door open for them…He might skate on whining to Scout, but I’ve got a feeling his job is on the line for being a complete fool.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I have no idea what is going on. It would be tremendous if someone could fill us in.

redcanine
    Participant

^ Internet feud. The person with the most gigabytes will win.

highstick
    Participant

Evidently someone(and I won’t name who except to say it was a State employee posted something on the N&O website and was so stupid he posted his name, State department, address, telephone number and probably his mother’s bra size)…Obviously a UnC homer spouting off about how State was wrong, the Holes were “holy”, yada, yada. Not sure who posted the original because I missed all of it until today..anyway, it appears some other posters got too enthusiastic and posted pictures of the kid’s family from Facebook, threatening phone calls, etc. Somebody must have started calling Scout, the mod said he was called at 3 AM, and they pulled the entire thread…The mod did go back and clean it up this afternoon and deleted the offensive threatening references. Not sure what the N&O may have done..

While I want to see “justice done”, there are some folks out there that could be recruited for lynch mobs and would say the heck with DNA evidence. The ones who think banners will come down need to have some meds..

highstick
    Participant

^ Internet feud. The person with the most gigabytes will win.

On PP, that equates to “post counts”..Those guys are so lazy that they never even consider having original posts…99 percent are “reply” which posts the same crap over and over and over!

GSOWuf
    Participant

I have no idea what is going on. It would be tremendous if someone could fill us in.

The latest N&O article comments section had some dude totally bashing Willngham, calling her “Willingscam” and more or less calling her a liar. He was logged in with his facebook account, and so his name, job title, and the fact that he works for the NC Auditor’s office was posted there for all to see.

This was copied and pasted into the PP thread. Later someone deduced the scout.com username this clown was using on Inside Carolina, and posted it. That plus someone posting pics of his family was a violation of scout TOS. As far as I remember nothing bsme74 did falls in that category; I was actually following that thread yesterday waiting to pick up my kid from soccer practice.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Thanks! Very interesting.

NCSU88
    Participant

Back on Topic, Wow, highstick, thanks for that link. Made my blood boil. Can’t wait to see the whole report.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.