Gonna Need a Clean Piece of Paper

Home Forums StateFans Football Gonna Need a Clean Piece of Paper

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Welcome aboard!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

A couple of cases of Charmin are on the way now…

those hurricane folks wanted to say “thank you” for all the shoes && stuff
    and they’re sending some extra to the Wolfpack Nation.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ok… may I ask a question of those who were there??

Was this as bad as the Virginia game in TOB’s last season or the Twerps/throwing Oranges game ?

SeaWolfZ
    Participant

While editing my book collection this month, I noticed a piece of paper sticking out of a Peter Mathieson paperback. I pulled it out, and it was a wallet card of the Wolfpack’s 1975 football schedule. Home games were ECU, Wake Forest, Florida, Indiana, UNC-CH, and South Carolina. Away games were Michigan State, Maryland, Clemson, Penn State, and Duke. On the right side of the card it listed the following: In the Last 3 years – 26-8-2 overall record, 14-3-1 conference record, Undefeated in Carter Stadium, 1972 Peach Bowl Champion, 1973 Liberty Bowl Champion, 1974 Bluebonnet Bowl Co-Champion. Home Game Tickets $8.

I was stunned to read those stats. Not to mention the basketball team’s success.

TheCOWDOG

^
    That’s what ya get when you have players that are good, and a staff that wills them to win. BTW. We also traveled to Nebraska in ’73.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

SeaWolf … may I add 1975…

Mr. Dog, you remember that 8-7 game WIN against the a ranked Gatorhole team…??

Best State football game I ever saw in person on my birthday….

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

BC snaps 12 game ACC skid against DAVE!!! I’m waiting for a particular poster to come in and polish this TURD! Maybe his absence is actually an intentional “weak admission of being wrong”. Hey at least we managed to have built a culture… not a winning culture, but some kind of culture.

So who we going after? I bet former Millbrook Highschool and Wake Forest Highschool coach Earl Smith would jump at the opportunity. He runs the Wing-T like a boss. It would be a HUGE upgrade!!

Just like with the 2016 presidential election, I’m over here chanting “someone else! someone else!”

Heelh8r
    Participant

I think you guys are looking at it all wrong. We wore ECU out so bad it took them several weeks to win another game. We wore Clemson down so bad they needed a week off. We wore Louisville out so bad they barely squeaked past Virginia today. And I bet we took so much out of Boston C. they don’t win another game all year!

SaccoV
    Participant

Troll, I can’t imagine there is enough polish left for this titanic turd. I wasn’t on the fence about Doeren; I fully expected that he would coach out his contract and then hit the road. You can’t lose a game like this one and keep your job. In the seven wins Doeren has earned in four years (excluding the 35-7 pummeling of the Asterisk in Kenan), he’s needed the other team to make significant mistakes in order for his teams to win. He needed a late turnover from WFU and a hurricane against ND to earn his only decent home wins in his four-year stint. A poster on TOS mentioned Tom Reed, whom I barely remember as Sheridan is the first coach who my memory can recall, and Doeren might be every bit as bad as Reed. His record is very damn close.

ryebread
    Participant

I thought we’d win today. Maybe we did at a program level.

I didn’t like Canada, but Drink’s been what I feared might happen given his time at Boise. He’s pass first and in the games they lost, Boise was very unbalanced. Today is as baffling a called game as I can remember.

choppack1
    Participant

It was obvious after the 0-8 conference start in year 1 that we didn’t have a coach who could scheme or inspire his troops to victory.

The hope after that season was that he could amass enough talent and / or grow enough as a head coach to be successful.

After the Clemson game, it looked like perhaps he had accumulated enough talent to get this program where it needed to be.

Most of us base our opinions on certain assumptions. My assumption since his second season was that while he would almost always lose to more talented teams and probably more often than not lose to teams with relatively equal talent, he would pretty much have his way with the dregs.

That assumption was shattered yesterday and along with that assumption being shattered, it pretty much eliminates any optimism in my mind that he can ever be more than a 3-5 coach in our conference.

The only good news is that the conference season is only half done for us. He can still get us to 4-4 or 5-3..5-3 being the sad high water mark of the last 22 years – that would put him on a one season par of our last 2 fired head coaches. He would still have a lot of work to do to catch Amato and TOB in their conference marks.

(Dont worry Dave you have already wrapped up the low water mark of zero wins in conference, a mark that you alone share in my lifetime.)

Wufpacker
    Participant

PackofMac
    Participant

Jay Sam gets one look, ONE GOD D*MN THROW TO HIM with zero other touches. One reception for 8 yards!!!! Stagnant offense needing some different energy with a mobile quarterback who in my opinion can throw as well as Bosie State boy just sitting away. Put Jaylen in the #1 jersey….I thought for a reason.

#1 Jaylen Samuels……first to transfer, get the hell out kid

#2 Jaylen McLendon…..second to transfer, go make something of yourself my friend.

Lame ass lame duck coaching since y’all ran off Chuck.

It truly is amazing how AWESOME our fan base is, the number of folks like me there tailgating, packing the parking lots and the stands. We do it as well as any SEC team around. Thanks for the shat turd on the field Debbie.

I pay my wolfpack club dues, I renew my season tickets every year and I make the 90 mile drive from High Point year in and year out to watch this crap…..I’ll post my opinion good or bad all day.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Just finished watching the game. I think BC is going to surprise some people this year.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Wuf, I’m not sure what videos of women parking have to do with anything.

gso packbacker
    Participant

BOTB, I was there and I don’t ever remember feeling like I did on the way out of the stadium. It may not have been as bad as those games, but it sure felt worse to me.

I thought after the turdfest we just might drive the field, score and then beat them in overtime (wonder who would have kicked a FG though).

Alas, mind numbing play calls and what looked like a bad route capped it off. Never should have been in that position.

#Done

Wufpacker
    Participant

Wuf, I’m not sure what videos of women parking have to do with anything.

Just a completely meaningless and totally not representative gif of a slow moving yet out of control vehicle, apparently with someone asleep at the wheel.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Upper D1 Athletic Program Objectives:

NOT in any order of priority —
    1. Tickets sales, concessions, swag, TV Money
    2. Keep the negative off-field stuff out of the newspapers
    3. Get the players in the classroom, as much as possible
    4. Win championships

PICK 1-2-3 OR 1-4 — 2&3 and 4 are NOT possible

Let’s call that choice… “Our Purpose”.

—————
    Now…
    What’s “Our Purpose”?
    What are the performance metrics and measureables?

Most all I hear from campus is a bunch of blahblahblah, smokeandmirrors, everythingisgoingtobeok, we’redoingalltherightthings, waittillnextyear, kidsaregonnabekids, itsnotblackandwhite stuff which one would think that at my age I don’t know that’s it’s all BS…. compared to what I see on the field and on the court, in the classroom and in the newspapers and on the recruiting trail.

Who on campus really understands that Financial Support for the Program is inversely proportional to the BS level???

Ya’ll C what I mean?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Maybe we should start an Afro American studies department.

BassPacker
    Participant

Not only one of the lowest moments walking out of the stadium, now it’s turned into an every day embarrassment. I’m ashamed to wear Pack attire now. Might has well just say loser. Embarrassment has turned to anger. I got LTR seating contract. A guaranteed yearly commitment to WPC. And obligation to purchase season tickets. Might has well be investing in Kodak stock. Or better yet in a damn good lawyer to sue NC State WPC and athletic dept for breach of contract. Give me my money back for LTR. I can’t get back the time wasted on gorgeous Saturday afternoons but least give me restitution.

rthomas44
    Participant

Les Miles has hired an agent! Yow GET ON THE HORN!!

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Wuf, I’m just messing with you. I was just making a tongue-in-cheek sexist interpretation of your gif.

pakfanistan
    Participant

WolfBlood86
    Participant

https://www.change.org/p/nc-state-athletics-les-miles-to-nc-state Les Miles to NC State! One can dream right?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.