Gameday: NC State Wolfpack vs. Presbyterian Blue Hoes

Home Forums All StateFansNation Gameday: NC State Wolfpack vs. Presbyterian Blue Hoes

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

NC State takes on the Blue Hoes of Presbyterian today at 6:00 pm in Carter-Finley Stadium. Due to the level of competition of the Pack’s opponent this
    [See the full post at: Gameday: NC State Wolfpack vs. Presbyterian Blue Hoes]

JohnGalt78
    Participant

No line on this game? Vegas won’t bet on a game that includes a denomination? Alright then, IMHO, the Pack slay the Blue Leggins ( they don’t make pantyhose anymore, right?) by a margin of 42 over/under 52

Adventuroo
    Participant

I certainly hope no analysis is needed. However, I also hope that Coach D and the boys are treating this like a real GAME and not a scrimmage…Time will tell and we might get to see some OTHER numbers on the field…

I have NOT Googled “Blue Hoes” to see if the headline is correct….I will leave it at that…..otherwise I would think of cute(?) little Smurfettes that are more attuned to plying their trade dressed in cheerleader outfits than helmets and pads….

Since I have diverged from the subject…it is early….and having stayed up watching the UCon v. USF game (Trivia….who was the HC of BOTH teams and has NCSU connections…though distant?)….I fell asleep and woke up to the wags on ESPN. Some of their more notable revelations…

Goddell….”I got it wrong….but I WILL fix it” means that Condi’s resume is being circulated amongst the NFL owners.

Winston….Hope our lads are concentrating on PC and not speculating as to whether public backlash will escalate the one game suspension to TWO. Since WHEN does the FSU Prez OUTRANK Jimbo?

Winston…Part II – Battle of the “Bo’s” today….wonder is Bo (as in Jangels) is running a special promote….every one gets the “JW” Discount on a Biscuit of their choice and a glass of bottomless iced tea.

Purple Haze v. OTHER Light Blue Smurf’s…..Supposed ESPN Wag who specializes in “getting them right” has the Light Blue as a “SURPRISE and UPSET” in a 34 – 31 (memory?) affair. Lest we forget…you gotta admit that the Purple Partiers from the East HAVE come a LONG way with they are now the “MAN” in FB in NC.

Meanwhile….back to the subject…

GO PACK….will be there in full regalia with RED Jockey’s and Socks….

Wulfpack
    Participant

The nickname “Blue Hose” began in the early 1900’s, when sportswriters referred to the Presbyterian College athletic teams as the “Blue Stockings” because of the blue socks they wore. Writers used the terms “stockings” and “hose” interchangeably over the years.

“Blue Hose” has survived all these years, taking on even more meaning. Today the name signifies fierce Scottish warriors, further adding to Hammet’s take on the term. This interpretation also reflects the college’s Scottish heritage.

TheCOWDOG

Yes, there is a line.
    37 and 55.5.

blpack
    Participant

Win, stay healthy, and then ready for the rest of the season.

BJD95
    Keymaster

As the great poet Snoop Lion once noted (whence he was still Snoop Dogg) – “Gs up, Hose down.”

Let us be Gs today, wolven brothers and sisters.

13OT
    Participant

Guess you heard by now that the PC Police have made sure that Winston doesn’t play tonight. Season-ticket holders, get ready for some SUN next weekend. Hell, maybe we could WIN next week if they can invent a few more reasons for Winston to be held out of the NCSU game.

This social media assault on football is almost as troubling to me as the “state” of NCSU football these days.

packalum44
    Participant

I wouldn’t mind burning Jalens redshirt in the 3rd quarter for this. Prep him to backup for 2 and play 2 years after Jacoby.

Our walk on backup this year is Daniel Evans junior. What if Jacoby goes down a couple weeks and we lose to Wake and others and miss a bowl?

Could be the butterfly effect no need to chance it. Keep the program building momentum this ‘game’ is about recruiting and reloading and selling. This isn’t BC where it’s about values and redshirting is virtuous.

Greywolf
    Participant

Hmmm… Concern about the state of NCSU football these days?? OMG are Doeren, Canada and Veldtkamp considering leaving so soon? Look Chicken Little, the sky is falling.

blpack
    Participant

You go Grey! Let’s enjoy the ride. Go Pack!

BJD95
    Keymaster

This week’s badass pre-game music that most of you’ns will hate:

Adventuroo
    Participant

13OT,

Since I somewhat started this “digression”, I SORT of agree with you.

However, I think that it is MORE telling that the “social media” can BOMB anything….and the outcome and reaction is totally unpredictable.

Obviously ALL of us are against Domestic Violence and Child Abuse. Having said that, then HOW did this “thingy” get blown up and WHY the Backlash now?

My simplest take is that the “Gangsta Rap” influence FINALLY erupted. Over the years there have been studies (Elon did one) that show that the Rap lyrics (as well as other venues) have a decided influence on COLLEGE students….and that Females have been “lowered” a bit. This is true in the Female as well as the Male respondents.

So, you have the Gangsta Rap Lyrics (If that Hoe don’t put out, for friends or profit, Knock the Bitch’s Teeth Out)….or you have Jay Z telling Beyoncé “Eat the cake, Anna Mae” (google that one). Remember, these Elitist Rappers ALSO frequent the guest and entertainment list of the White House.

So, the NBA/NFL superstars listen to the RAP. They want GOLD. They want GUNS. They want SEX. They are Participants in the Random Sperm Donor program and have many offsprings by many “Good Looking Mama’s”. Race or Ethnicity of the Mama’s shows NO Discrimination….but BLONDE’s are the mainstay of the Rapper’s stables…as well as the SuperStars.

SO, you get a Rice or Dwyer or Hardy or whoever…and he gets caught up in the lyrics. He also gets into the “Violent Video Gamer’s” Syndrome (Sandy Fork, Aurora, Columbine, etc.). He begins to “live out” the lyrics.

THEN someone tweets or uploads a video clip. It is surpressed…but eventually goes viral.

The result is a conundrum of OVERKILL. WHERE was all the NOW and Various Lapel Wearing folks when the Rappers first started advocating Domestic Violence in the 80? They were SILENT. SOME of the folks (women and men) of the Hollywood crowd were making BIG donations and also using their STAR POWER for political sabotage of opponents…

SO, do NOT bite the hand that feeds you…..

I am SORRY for this rant….Roger Goddell SHOULD have come down HARD…but if he did, then what about the LAST 57 cases of Domestic Violence in the NFL (maybe including the NBA?). He had LOOKED the other way. The OWNERS (now aghast at such) did NOT want to be without their talent on the field/court/diamond. Also want to take odds on the ETHNICITY of the 57 lads? you guessed it.

Domestic Violence…is NOT a Race Thing. I am NOT a racist. BUT, when 90% or so (Eminem NOT withstanding) of the Rappers are of the SAME ethnicity as the 57 Lads….there IS a pattern. Eric Holder or President Obama probably do NOT see it, though.

This thing just BLEW UP. The ONE saving grace is that NOW, it WILL be difficult for the NBA/NFL/MLB to “book” some of the “stars”, that the fans want…because of their past songs.

As BobLeeSays.com opined…..Roger Goddell could be publicly beheaded during the next SuperBowl halftime show…but it would be the SECOND act after a Rapper sang the lyrics that I paraphrased earlier. Roger is TOAST….now WILL the Rappers suffer? That is the question. Will Condi be the NEW Commish? Will NOW condemn RAP? (NAH….that will NEVER happen)

You MAY not recall or have read, but during the hearings of Bill and Monica…when all the explicit details of the romps in the little room off the oval office were publicized….a NYC Feminist Writer in a prominent LIBERAL mag wrote an opinion piece. This thing was BLOWN out of proportion….said she. If all Bill needed was occasional Oral Relief, then she and her Friends could EASILY accommodate him….as LONG as he CONTINUED to VOTE (use Executive Orders) for Women’s Rights Legislation. THIS IS A FACT….GOOGLE IT. I am certain that the parent’s of the writer included the article in their Annual Christmas Newsletter and that the Institute of Higher Learning where she got her Journalism Degree published it on the FRONT page of the Alumni Magazine…

Does THAT explain how this happened….to me it does….

Social Media and it’s “Targets” and the reaction is an uncontrolled force….like Nuclear Fission….Think this…JW in a fast food chain or the seafood department of a local supermarket or on a date or in the Student Union….THERE WILL BE AN EVENT. It WILL happen again…timing cannot be predicted….nor how it will manifest itself and be executed.

THAT is the quandary….if I knew that, I could also predict winning powerball numbers. Meanwhile, many of us wonder about more mundane matters….will the GJ bring charges against Tony? Will there be riots about the new NC voting laws now that you have to actually be alive and registered to vote (only ONCE)? When will ISIS hit the US soils and what will the body count be? THEN let’s see if Social Media attacks the administration….

eas
    Participant

I miss the days when the Pack actually played on TV. Thankfully the Holes will bring us back to TV land next week.

Hope we keep dem “hoes” in check today. Go pack

Adventuroo
    Participant

BJD95,

My vote is YES….the PC police will probably object to the word “Fight”….but they did not pick up anything else that advocated DM…

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/kongos/comewithmenow.html

There are no viral blogs connecting Kongos with this week’s past events…..

I will vote (text) for it if it is on the Video Board Play List….which I am SURE will be exciting….BUT, if Big & Rich’s “Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy” is there….I will be forced to vote for it…

I DO sometimes WONDER about the demographics of the crowd….or at least the technologically enlightened ones….the music choices are “interesting”

GO PACK….

Wufpacker
    Participant

Hey now, BJD’s video choice if a great one if only because of the presence of the squeeze box.

And the accordion ain’t bad either.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Accordion AND slide guitar, muthacluckas!

I personally prefer manic jumprope girl to maic makeup girl from the video. YMMV

PackFamily
    Participant

Roo, I love the heart of your posts. It would help if you didn’t capitalize so much and were more concise. Feel free to constructively critique mine as well.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Having said that, then HOW did this “thingy” get blown up and WHY the Backlash now?

Because it seems clear to many of us that the league was complicit with the cover up. That’s a problem. A major problem.

I miss the days when the Pack actually played on TV.

No kidding.

TheCOWDOG

Nice…Delta Blues inside a protest song.

Instant Spotify addition.

Ya know…I was thinking maybe I should buy that new car. Just in case I wreck my Jeep in the next few days, or so.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Guess you heard by now that the PC Police have made sure that Winston doesn’t play tonight.

Jimbo ain’t no PC policeman. What he did was stupid. He continues to do stupid things. He’s been warned many times. His football career won’t end well.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yeah, this is CLEARLY a “cumulative impact” situation with Jameis. Had they appropriately punished him for prior knuckleheadedness, we probably don’t get to this point.

And the league and the Ravens front office have been slimy (and PREMEDITATED, which is the real evil part) enough to make the guy who cold cocked his wife look “good” by comparison. ONLY by comparison, for RayRay certainly deserves heavy consequences for his actions.

As I’ve said consistently, I hope this makes all of society, as well as individuals within it, take a long, hard look at themselves and address the root causes of all this bullshit. Scapegoating a few individuals and trying to get everyone to “move on” is not helpful, even if Goodell is added to the list of scalps.

Society and humanity have real problems with domestic violence, and it’s not something easily solved and certainly not with trite soundbites from the right or left.

TheCOWDOG

Roo.Roo,buddy…Does your DW have the 20 on you TODAY?

I get the musical influence credited to domestic violence.

Many a father slapped his daughter around over the gyrations of Elvis. Heck,60s Flower Power tunes drove my Old Man to chucking petunia pots at mom. Disco lead me to put more than a couple babes through the wall.

Choplin started WWI,even!

13OT
    Participant

GREAT stuff, Adventuroo!

I’m in your corner!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Geometrically speaking, it seems more like a circle to me.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.